YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project

This Codex is Read Only, there is No reason or requirement to Login to view any and all posts.

FoxLingo Afrikaans Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatin Czech Danish Nederlands/Dutch Esperanto Filipino Finnish French German Greek Hebrew Hungarian Icelandic Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Polish Portuguese Portuguese Brazilian Romanian Russian Serbian Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Welsh
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Problem with diacritic letters (Read 2264 times)
Problem with diacritic letters  {yabbadmin}
Problem is that when I put some diacritic letters (č, ć and đ) in the name of category or board it doesn't appear correctly, but it shows some stupid signs. I tried to change charset in template in admin center to windows-1250 or iso-8859-2 but no result. Also I changed encoding in Firefox and IE but nothing helps. However, these letters appear normally in topics and message posts... Is there any solution?
Second problem is related to my translation on croatian language. When I translated boardindex.lng and uploaded to try it, same diacritic letters (as I mentioned above) won't appear correctly, the same problem as with board and category names... I hope someone can help me, because translation without these letters is incomplete!

Quote:
updated files as you instructed me to. I must say that my problem is partially resolved. Board and category names are now ok, but problem with diacritic characters remains, although somewhat different than before. Now, when I upload translated lng file, e.g. BoardIndex.lng, it doesn't show diacritic letters until I change encoding in Firefox or IE in Central European (Windows) (and every time when I press home in my forum the problem appears again)!!! I tried as before changing charset in template default file but nothing. I would like that my forum members (and others when I release full language pack) don't need to change encoding in their web viewer every time they press home in forum...

. Edit file Main.lng (under Languages/english or other language) and instead of iso-8859-1 put windows-1250 and there you go

Supplied by Hrki

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser YaBB Facebook Group Page

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Support Codex » Powered by YaBB Next Edition!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.