Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 3,701 times)
Roz

Re: [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found
Reply #184 - May 4th, 2006 at 11:51pm
Post Tools
I'm from Porto, Portugal.

I found about YaBB when me and my cousin were  searching for afree non-SQL database BB for a project I had in mind. He found YaBB, told me and I loved it. I installed it right away. Now I'm going to surpass the two year mark using YaBB so yeah, a perfect story Wink

fdjrk
IP Logged

sweetangel
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #183 - Apr 28th, 2006 at 1:50am
Post Tools
by a firend  Grin

IP Logged

HughJass
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #182 - Apr 22nd, 2006 at 4:50pm
Post Tools
I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and found YaBB from the CGI resource site.  I just started hosting my own web site and wanted a guestbook.  They had a great one that I still use, and just from looking around their site I found a few programs, but stuck with YaBB.  I am runnin X.4.6, and this was the easiest to install and maintain.  Just waiting for BoardMod to get a version for Mac so I can play with it.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick-boxing.

IP Logged

DeTox
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #181 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 9:37am
Post Tools
1) Living in Ireland

2) I was researching forum software for the website of the Irish Amateur Fencing Federation and came across it, tested it and found it easy to install, however it never went into full use as it was felt by some of the Federation committee members that posts could be taken out of context and used against the Federation when applying for funding.

Recently the forum that fencers set up for themselves went down and the person who set it up for them was no longer available at the email address he had given, so I set up YaBB 2.1 on my own domain and offered it for use and it has proved quite popular!

Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be, and he will become as he can and should be - Johann Wolfgang Goethe
IP Logged

NWAMF

Reply #180 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 6:34pm
Post Tools
Where am I?? Alberta, Canada
How did I find YABB? surfing the internet searching for free forum software.
I found the yabb site (about 2 years ago) liked how it looked and then just last year I downloaded 2.1 put it on my site (installation was very easy by the way) and here I am.

IP Logged

windherd
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #179 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 9:01am
Post Tools
i am from china.
and it is through browsing website arbitrarily that i find this forum .
exim@tt.pp121.net
Cheesy

IP Logged

PVM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #178 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 4:32am
Post Tools
USA
Bangor, Maine Here
I wouldn't mind living in Germany if I had the chance.

Found Yabb on altavista a few years ago.  Loved it then and love it now!!

Kiss Priscilla

Priscilla

IP Logged

Djay
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #177 - Feb 18th, 2006 at 4:25pm
Post Tools
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The BEST city in Alberta!! Didn't realize there was anyone who couls type in Edmonton!! Grin Grin (just funnin' ya Mike!)
Found Yabb while looking for a forum program to put on my website and tried several but found Yabb to be the best with the best support. Now addicted to it and plan on staying.

IP Logged

kthrash
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #176 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 4:40pm
Post Tools
Hi, I am from Mississippi, and found this Forum and YaBB when researching BBS for the Mac OSX operating system. Works great so far. Started with YaBB 1.4 and have moved on to YaBB 2.1, thanks for the great work.

You can check out the board (s) here:

http://forums.cmsja.org

http://forums.olemisspkt.org
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2006 at 4:43pm by kthrash »  

Central Mississippi Jeep Association Forum:  http://forums.cmsja.org
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Xena

Reply #175 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
1. Massachusetts-USA

2. I found YaBB lurking at another forum which used it. I liked it, I tried it, and been using it ever since! Wasn't too hard to install, not too hard to support, and the support community here is awesome for helping out on the rare occasion I've run into any installation or conversion problems.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2006 at 12:04pm by Xena »  

IP Logged

DakDarie
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #174 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 11:16am
Post Tools
1. Ukraine
2. google Smiley

IP Logged

dnwells
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #173 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 12:25am
Post Tools
Hey Y'all!!!

YaBB is so cool - I don't know squat about programing in HTML or PERL or whatever, but I am making great progress feeling my way around setting up a new forum.  I am the Founder and current President of the U.S. Monoski Association, and will be using YaBB to create a forum for our members at www.usmonoski.org.  Considering the complexity of this task and my utter inadequacy to take it on, I am amazed that so far I've had only a few minor problems in installing everything, and they were quickly resolved...

Just need to spend some time testing/hardening everything, and need to move some folders around so it's not quite so hackable.  On that note, if anyone wanted to take the time to give really detailed, idiot-proof step-by-step instructions for moving the data folders to a secure location, and what you then need to change in which files because you did that, it would be super!  I don't know my .htaccess from my .<uknowwhat>...

Thanks to all involved with this amazing project.  Power to the people baby!!!

dw

Grin

&&Monoski Now, Ask Me How!&&&&

IP Logged

Mrhope

Reply #172 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 6:58am
Post Tools
1.) Utah - United States

2.) Users really wanted a forum, since I love Perl started searching for a forum solution and if I remember right I searched for "free perl forum" on Google and came across YaBB.

There is hope, Computer Hope! - Website forum
IP Logged

xeno|oreo

Reply #171 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 5:53am
Post Tools
Rochester NY

I was looking up some stuff about proboards on wikipedia, and it said that it was a remotely hosted forum system which used no databases, similar to other forum like yabb.... and my interest was sparked  Grin 

« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2006 at 5:54am by xeno|oreo »  
IP Logged

tatonka
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #170 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 1:35am
Post Tools
Hi all, my name is Dave.  I'm from the land of milk and honey - Ohio  Grin  I found this site while looking for forum software my new website (my first creation attempt). YaBB looks very useful and informative.  

Dave

http://www.disabilityhelpsite.com - "Helping the disabled find needed benefits" - USA site

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top