Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 6,763 times)
Bob B.
YaBB Newcomer

Re: [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB
Reply #225 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 8:27pm
Post Tools
I live in Manassa, Virginia and found Yabb via google a couple of years ago.
I run a non public, non profit forum where all the members are experts of the collection and dealing aspects of Civil War artifacts. We constantly monitor Civil War auctions on ebay to determine if the items are real or fake. Ebay reps are also members. When we post a fake and why, the auctions are ended by these ebay reps.
Do to possible frivolous law suits by some of these crooks that we expose, the site is not publicized and members have to be sponsored by another member. The forums are password protected so guests can't see the posts.
Yabb works great and would recommend it to anyone looking for forum software.
I have added a few mods like password, distilled email domains and chat. Still haven't got the chat working as for security reasons, my server ISP blocks all of the IRC ports that the chat servers use. Still trying to convince them to open one port, like 6667 which most of the IRCs use.

Bob B.

IP Logged

philit
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #226 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 12:50pm
Post Tools
I come from the midlands uk  ( england)
yabb comes with the host that I run my websites on

yabb is so user friendly and one of the best forum programes around
10 outo 10  for customer service and help

would def spread the word about yabb Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin

IP Logged

philit
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #227 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 5:07pm
Post Tools
I am from coventry uk  i found yabb through my internet hosting program and I would recomend it to everyone for user friendly

www.philit.co.uk

IP Logged

NonTech2
YaBB Newcomer

Great Software that will get used in USA
Reply #228 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 8:33pm
Post Tools
Hi Corey and Viewers,
I live in SouthCentral Wisconsin, USA

I had an old saved link for CGI scripts - probably from 4 or 5 years ago. http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/
Here I found you listed but most importantly, I found that you had 8,063 people rating your software with a 9.98 with 10.0 being perfect.   PLUS, 91 positive comments.  After downloading and testing, it seems perfect. 

I'm just started a website for unhappy gamers.  It's unhappygaming.com and I your YABB software should help with disgruntled gamers.  Thank you so much.  Bob

IP Logged

PatN
YaBB Newcomer

Re: [Let Us Know]Your Location AND How You Found YaBB
Reply #229 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:55pm
Post Tools
I'm from Prairie du Chien, WI USA

I have a small business creating websites for customers and one of them wanted a forum on his website.  I looked at and installed 2 of them that I did not like before I came upon this one and am very impressed!  I is easy for members to use but very powerful in its options!   So, it is the one I will be installing for all my sites if a client requests!  Very excited about this Yabb forum! Thank you to all who developed and worked on this project!

IP Logged

Anna Tuttle
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #230 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:51am
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Mar 4th, 2004 at 10:10pm:
1) Where do you live?

Bonney Lake, WA, USA
Corey Chapman wrote on Mar 4th, 2004 at 10:10pm:
2) How did you first find YaBB?

I was surfing the web, looking for message boards, and Yabb was the first one that seemed to have all the features that I needed for the SIMM I am running.
I am the Executive Officer for a Star Trek Simulation. We had been using a SMS system where you log in and post, but posts have been getting lost when more than one person have been logged in at the same time, so I was tasked with finding a system, but I couldn't get send mail to work, and then the Captain found a free system WITH ads on a free server, but it immediately had server overloads, while I pay for my server space (hosted website). Got the send mail problem solved once the weekend was over, and got Yabb set up, and the rest is history.. he's still in charge of e SIMM, but I'm in charge of maintaining the message board. I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

USS Constellation, A Star Trek sim, takes place 2 years after DS9. http://www.danawheels.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Anna Tuttle
Executive Officer, USS Constellation
annatuttle@danawheels.org
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:55am by Anna Tuttle »  

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #231 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 3:21am
Post Tools
Anna Tuttle wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:51am:
when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Been there .......  Welcome to YaBB

IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #232 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:51am
Post Tools

How I found YaBB?

Can't remember if it was while I was trekking in the Simpson Desert and found it accidentally.

Or tripped over it while Camel-Riding in Central Australia.

Or smashed into it while it was crossing the road. (Or was I crossing the road?)

Dunno! Can't remember?

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:10pm by Lopa »  

I make mistakes - That's how I learn.
IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #233 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Quote:
Been there .......

Wow! Mustang's "Wildcat" - 2400 baud the "speed" of the day - And if one had a 14400bps Modem ($500) and two lines - that was a busy place! - - - - I threw my disks out about six months ago - But I still do use a few DOS apps that I prefer over what's available today!

We're also showing our age people!  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:08pm by Lopa »  

I make mistakes - That's how I learn.
IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #234 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Post Tools
Lopa wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:02pm:
I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Quote:
Been there .......

Wow! Mustang's "Wildcat" - 2400 baud the "speed" of the day - And if one had a 14400bps Modem ($500) and two lines - that was a busy place! - - - - I threw my disks out about six months ago - But I still do use a few DOS apps that I prefer over what's available today!

We're also showing our age people!  Cheesy Cheesy

I found my old Wildcat! 4 disks the other day, brought back memories

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #235 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:30am
Post Tools
Let's keep this going.

IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #236 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 7:38am
Post Tools
I am in Australia - Gods own country  Grin Grin Grin

A mate of mine had a fishing forum on YaBB that I moderated.  When I set my own Camp Oven Cooking website up I decided to create my own.  Been going since around 2005.  Have looked at other forums but YaBB is for me.

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #237 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 8:46pm
Post Tools
Northeast of Portland, OR.

Found YaBB how?
When looking for forum software a couple years ago I found I needed one that a Perl Monger could get her head around, easily modified templates and able to be integrated into a Perl driven web-site. YaBB was it.

I had tried out a number of PHP-based 'solutions' and they were either impossible to set up  properly, the instructions were written in Martian, or my hosting service just couldn't handle them.

Didn't have that problem with YaBB. Uploaded it, set the permissions, ran the set up and Voila! a working Forum!

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #238 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 9:22pm
Post Tools

If I remember correctly, I believe I searched "free chat forum software" in both Google and Yahoo back in 2002. I think YaBB may have been at or near the top of the list for each search engine.

Note: Even today in Google, YaBB is number 6 on the 1st page of results with this same search string. But it's really number 3 if you don't count the paid results, which I prefer not to count.

In Yahoo it's number 5 in the list on the 1st page of results. That's excellent!

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

american ninja
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #239 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:34am
Post Tools
HI to all i am new here. I was looking to create a forum and searched Google and found this

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Topic Tools