Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 4,101 times)
LoneSloane
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: [Let Us Know]Your Location AND How You Found YaBB
Reply #244 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 12:18pm
Post Tools
A good time I'm in this forum, but I never answered to these questions. Time to repair the forgetting
From the country of wine and foie gras (and many other edible foods and drinks): France Cool
I met Lord Vador before he put his helmet and mask on. I'm a worshiper of the "Force" Grin

IP Logged

Asen Rupchev
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #243 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 9:57pm
Post Tools
I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria.

I'm a long time member of a web forum running YaBB. Now we decided with a few buddies to make our own forum and it will be on YaBB of course Smiley

IP Logged

Elfen

Reply #242 - Nov 4th, 2012 at 4:08pm
Post Tools
I dont know how far this thread goes. I remember something like it years ago!

But I have been using YaBB since before  YaBB 1 Gold - SP1 in the NYC area. I have created so many forums (not just on YaBB but on other platforms too) for so many people over the years, I have to think that I did  a lot over the years, and I still find YaBB to be the better forums for all things I have done.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2012 at 4:10pm by Elfen »  

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #241 - May 30th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Post Tools
Thought I would add my little story.

I actually found YaBB when I came across another website that was using it. (that little link at the bottom of the forum works!) Smiley

IP Logged

Replica Watches
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #240 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:04am
Post Tools
I first ran into YaBB back in 2000 when I was browsing for an answer to a perl question on one of the old news groups (I *think* comp.lang.perl.misc) when I ran into a post from Zef about the project.

american ninja
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #239 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:34am
Post Tools
HI to all i am new here. I was looking to create a forum and searched Google and found this

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #238 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 9:22pm
Post Tools

If I remember correctly, I believe I searched "free chat forum software" in both Google and Yahoo back in 2002. I think YaBB may have been at or near the top of the list for each search engine.

Note: Even today in Google, YaBB is number 6 on the 1st page of results with this same search string. But it's really number 3 if you don't count the paid results, which I prefer not to count.

In Yahoo it's number 5 in the list on the 1st page of results. That's excellent!

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #237 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 8:46pm
Post Tools
Northeast of Portland, OR.

Found YaBB how?
When looking for forum software a couple years ago I found I needed one that a Perl Monger could get her head around, easily modified templates and able to be integrated into a Perl driven web-site. YaBB was it.

I had tried out a number of PHP-based 'solutions' and they were either impossible to set up  properly, the instructions were written in Martian, or my hosting service just couldn't handle them.

Didn't have that problem with YaBB. Uploaded it, set the permissions, ran the set up and Voila! a working Forum!

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Derek
Ex Member

Reply #236 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 7:38am
Post Tools
I am in Australia - Gods own country  Grin Grin Grin

A mate of mine had a fishing forum on YaBB that I moderated.  When I set my own Camp Oven Cooking website up I decided to create my own.  Been going since around 2005.  Have looked at other forums but YaBB is for me.

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #235 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 5:30am
Post Tools
Let's keep this going.

IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #234 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Post Tools
Lopa wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:02pm:
Anna Tuttle wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:51am:
I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Quote:
Been there .......

Wow! Mustang's "Wildcat" - 2400 baud the "speed" of the day - And if one had a 14400bps Modem ($500) and two lines - that was a busy place! - - - - I threw my disks out about six months ago - But I still do use a few DOS apps that I prefer over what's available today!

We're also showing our age people!  Cheesy Cheesy

I found my old Wildcat! 4 disks the other day, brought back memories

IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #233 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Quote:
Been there .......

Wow! Mustang's "Wildcat" - 2400 baud the "speed" of the day - And if one had a 14400bps Modem ($500) and two lines - that was a busy place! - - - - I threw my disks out about six months ago - But I still do use a few DOS apps that I prefer over what's available today!

We're also showing our age people!  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:08pm by Lopa »  

I make mistakes - That's how I learn.
IP Logged

Lopa

Reply #232 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:51am
Post Tools

How I found YaBB?

Can't remember if it was while I was trekking in the Simpson Desert and found it accidentally.

Or tripped over it while Camel-Riding in Central Australia.

Or smashed into it while it was crossing the road. (Or was I crossing the road?)

Dunno! Can't remember?

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2010 at 12:10pm by Lopa »  

I make mistakes - That's how I learn.
IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #231 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 3:21am
Post Tools
when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

Been there .......  Welcome to YaBB

IP Logged

Anna Tuttle
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #230 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:51am
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Mar 4th, 2004 at 10:10pm:
1) Where do you live?

Bonney Lake, WA, USA
Corey Chapman wrote on Mar 4th, 2004 at 10:10pm:
2) How did you first find YaBB?

I was surfing the web, looking for message boards, and Yabb was the first one that seemed to have all the features that I needed for the SIMM I am running.
I am the Executive Officer for a Star Trek Simulation. We had been using a SMS system where you log in and post, but posts have been getting lost when more than one person have been logged in at the same time, so I was tasked with finding a system, but I couldn't get send mail to work, and then the Captain found a free system WITH ads on a free server, but it immediately had server overloads, while I pay for my server space (hosted website). Got the send mail problem solved once the weekend was over, and got Yabb set up, and the rest is history.. he's still in charge of e SIMM, but I'm in charge of maintaining the message board. I haven't done anything like this in over 20 years, when I ran a Wildcat then WinServer BBS out of my house (phone line) way back when.

USS Constellation, A Star Trek sim, takes place 2 years after DS9. http://www.danawheels.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Anna Tuttle
Executive Officer, USS Constellation
annatuttle@danawheels.org
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:55am by Anna Tuttle »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top