Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 4,051 times)
longhairandabeard

Re: Where are you from and how did you find YaBB?
Reply #19 - Mar 14th, 2004 at 10:55am
Post Tools
I'm from New Delhi, India..

www.studentdoctor.net was the first BB I visited, and got hooked on to.. Stumbled upon YaBB while searching for a free BB software (on Google I think..) to establish a similar forum for Indian medical students..

Got it working after a few stumbles.. And fell in love with it.. And that was BEFORE I found Boardmod Grin.. And then follows the usual stuff of getting addicted and never looking back and so on.. Grin

I knew there would be days like these.. But this many?? ~ Ginger Meggs
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

jeager

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 9:39pm
Post Tools
By the way, I'm from Littleton, Colorado, USA.

Knew of this spot years ago but only had a need for a forum setup recently. I think I saw it on the "Tudogs" site.

IP Logged

jeager

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 9:37pm
Post Tools
To: SweetCandy
Looking for "avatars"

Try this http://www.evidences.de/yabbimages/

Ya might find something useful.

IP Logged

keith10456

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 2:55pm
Post Tools
I'm from New York...

I found YaBB by visiting an IMD forum...

http://www.UrbanAreas.net
Games, Resources and Life!
IP Logged

eggmedia
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 2:52am
Post Tools
I live in Macon, Georgia (home of Little Richard, Otis Redding, The Allman Brothers, etc.) and do Web design. I had never used a bulletin board on a site before, so just did a quick Google search. I downloaded three, but installed only this one, since it doesn't involve a database and I'm using a cheap host.

I'm not much of a coder, but found the configuration very easy.  I even installed a mod on the second day.

Oh, the board is on a new site which is just being developed - http://williamsstore.com.

-Steve

IP Logged

zzo38

Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 3:09pm
Post Tools
I found YaBB from ZZT ORG (wich is not ther like it used to enymore)

http://zzo38computer.cjb.net/&&Remove the picchers from yor web-site = good to do if its to slow and/or mesy, Remove the text from yor web-site = stupit to do unles its uselis texts!&&
IP Logged

Mike Sanger
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 4:35am
Post Tools
Quote:
I am from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

w00t!  w00t!

* Mike Sanger does a happy dance.

Us Canadians are coming to take you over!!! Grin

By the way, you must be the fabled 14th Canadian, right?
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2004 at 4:36am by Mike Sanger »  

IP Logged

SweetCandy
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #12 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 10:10pm
Post Tools
I am from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

I found YaBB by looking for BBS to post too.  I am at work, and I am bored. Rightn ow I am trying to find a perfect pic for my forum avatar.

wish me luck. Grin

IP Logged

Tea-Master
YaBB Legends (Active)

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2004 at 12:57pm
Post Tools
Near Kiel - North Germany.

In the beginning i just searched (googled) for a free bulletin board to provide a communication platform for my friends and me. It must have been in april 2001, since my first version was YaBB Gold - Beta 7 Grin
At that time there haven't existed much "real" competitors so it wasn't very hard to stumble over YaBB. I haven't found any other forum software with that much features and good looking style AND for free!

So i setuped my first BB but wanted a lot of adjustments for my needs. That's why i started playing around with the code and learning some Perl. I got relativ fast how YaBB works, modified it and the result was that i joined this community in Mai 2001 to help others who needed help installing and customising YaBB. The warm, family like (Wink) atmosphere of this community here and over at BoardMod, was one reason to stay such a long time, for sure.

No wonder that i started publishing some of my changes as small mods and also joined the BoardMod community.

That was my way to YaBB Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2004 at 1:04pm by Tea-Master »  

--> also known as Agent Zed Wink

IP Logged

wumufo
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 3:34pm
Post Tools
I'm from Galicia (Spain) and I discover YaBB when I was searching for something that let me start a little web page with forums easy to understand and modify

Visit and enjoy http://www.wumufo.com
IP Logged

Maurizio
Past Team Members

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 12:14pm
Post Tools
I'm from Milan, Italy but i live in Cornwall, UK, where the weather is not as miserable as in Manchester, but, in return, there is no football at all (at least no football worth watching) Tongue

I came accross YaBB while I was setting up my gf's band's website and they wanted a bullettin board to post about gigs and stuff in general. I installed it and instantly (well...almost) loved it and now I am also trying to help (unfortunately not as much as I'd like coz I have to work as well  Lips Sealed) with YaBB2.

*Maurizio looks at his position on YaBBforum and cries*

IP Logged

Christer;
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 10:59am
Post Tools
Mike: Mention names and die Tongue

I'm from Oslo, Norway(greatest country in the world, really(and we own Manchester in football, really)).

I found YaBB while browsing for more geeky stuff to do. Since then I've been the parasite around here.

Ex-convict of the YaBB prison colony.
IP Logged

Mike Sanger
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 7:35am
Post Tools
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Taking University in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada) Where stuff is...  stuff.

A good friend of mine found it for me (back in the days of yabb.org), then showed it to me.  I cautiously joined, unsure of what awaited me.

After a while, I got comfortable, and just never left.  There were attempts, but once I'm comfy, that's the end of it Wink.

Whether it was a last final attempt to evict me, or a reward for my bravado in PMing an admin about it, I was promoted to Moderator Status.  THAT VERY MONTH I fell to one of the deadliest diseases in the world (60-80% mortality rate) Roll Eyes.

After an improbable recovery, I came back to the boards and stuck around for a few more years.

For some (as of yet) unknown reason, a small band of members formed a movement to give me a promotion while keeping me completely oblivious of their actions.

Needless to say, I was rather amazed to log in one day and find a PM congratulating me on Crony/Staff status.

As it stands I am officially staff, but the closest job description I can come up with is sit around grinning like an idiot. Grin

IP Logged

Centauri
Past Team Members

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 7:32am
Post Tools
Quote:
So let's find out!

1) Where do you live?

Viiala (near Tampere), Finland

Quote:
2) How did you first find YaBB?

I was looking for bbs and was checking many different forums in use. One game forum used YaBB and I liked how it looked and felt. Then I found this community and my choise was clear.

IP Logged

EliteRides
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2004 at 11:52pm
Post Tools
From Salt Lake City, Utah.

Came across YaBB from a search engine.  Was searching something like "free message board".  I was dying.  I had no idea that such great software existed for free.  Opened my eyes to the world of great, legit, free software.   Cheesy

Sorry if I do not reply to PM's very promptly.  I am not around much right now.  The rest of the staff would be happy to help you.  Smiley SEO Company
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top