Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 4,097 times)
Louise
YaBB Newcomer

Re: [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found
Reply #199 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 6:51pm
Post Tools
I live in London, UK

I think I found you by seeing a website with integrated YaBB forum on their site, which is exactly what Im looking for Cheesy

IP Logged

Busk
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #198 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 9:35pm
Post Tools
Hey Ken,
I am just about to start hosting on Earthlink. I got a URL, but it's not up yet. I plan on setting up a board so I'd be into any tutorial on using YaBB hosted by Earthlink.  I assume it's not too tough. Anything critical I should know? I got a Mac. Does that matter?

Thanks,
Busk

IP Logged

brett...
Past Team Members

Reply #197 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 4:02pm
Post Tools
Pixie Tales wrote on Oct 16th, 2006 at 3:20pm:
Hi, im new here..  Undecided
   Currently living in NJ while my house in Florida is being built...
i found this place on accident really.. a discussion board i formally moderated uses YaBB
and i was just trying to find out how do i permanantly delete my account.. i left a group and the owner keeps reactivating me, even though i asked him not to.. it is making me very mad and i want out and off of his discussion forum.. i have many issues with the owner and i dont want to be a part of it anymore.. Angry

any help??? please..

Depending on the version, you should be able to delete your account from your profile, but this will render your account as ex-member which is possibly what the owner objects to. Another option is to go into your profile and change your screen name slightly if you don't want all your posts associated with the name used.

&&

IP Logged

Pixie Tales
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #196 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 3:20pm
Post Tools
Hi, im new here..  Undecided
   Currently living in NJ while my house in Florida is being built...
i found this place on accident really.. a discussion board i formally moderated uses YaBB
and i was just trying to find out how do i permanantly delete my account.. i left a group and the owner keeps reactivating me, even though i asked him not to.. it is making me very mad and i want out and off of his discussion forum.. i have many issues with the owner and i dont want to be a part of it anymore.. Angry

any help??? please..

IP Logged

silk
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #195 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 3:41pm
Post Tools
Quote:
So let's find out!

1) Where do you live?   Northern Ireland - where there is more alphabetical soup to describe terrorists, of all persuasions, drug runners and general round baddies who use the excuse of loyalty to the Crown or the furtherance of Irish Unity to line their pockets.

2) How did you first find YaBB?
   Scrolling through the web pages of the Department of Trade and Industry when YaBB appeared.

"It matters not how strait the Gate
How charged with punishment the scroll.
I am the Controller of my Fate
I am the Captain of my Soul"

IP Logged

Bushido
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #194 - Aug 1st, 2006 at 8:29am
Post Tools
1. Vancouver
2. Another webmaster recommended the software to me.

IP Logged

bluemiss

Reply #193 - Jul 24th, 2006 at 12:18am
Post Tools

I'm in England, UK and honestly cannot remember how I found yabb, but after a site where I was a moderator started going downhill I decided to open my own forum and I guess I believed yabb the best choice, I mainly liked the look of it, now know the security and options are the best too hehe and still do believe I made the best choice Smiley

amy xX&&Not Technically Minded
IP Logged

Hottubguy
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #192 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 6:07am
Post Tools
I am in Broomfield, Colorado.  It is just north of Denver.

I found this message forum being used by an enemy of sanity on the dark side Smiley, so I thought that since is seemed like a nice board,  I would use it for the good of mankind and give people a chance to talk about the truth in my industry.

It is an excellent message forum.  I had used another for a long time, Webbs which was much simpler, but effective.  This is quite a change, and I think it is excellent.

HotSeatClose900WEB.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #191 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 7:16pm
Post Tools
Quote:
I am in Berkshire UK and I found YaBB through the fantastic control panel. I reckon its great Itried the phpbb one aswell but YaBB is much better  Smiley

Hey - always good to see another from UK here!

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #190 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 6:33pm
Post Tools
Glad to see all you folks found us through cPanel.  It is a great hosting tool (XIMinc uses it solely), and has helped promote YaBB since the addition of the installer recently.

IP Logged

berkshireforum
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #189 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 6:28pm
Post Tools
I am in Berkshire UK and I found YaBB through the fantastic control panel. I reckon its great Itried the phpbb one aswell but YaBB is much better  Smiley

IP Logged

Rotekoppen
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #188 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 4:32pm
Post Tools
i'm from Norway
and i gott it from my webhost shed49

i used phpbb before and i like this one better.
if i only can figer out how to have more then one template.
i found something in here but i did not understand that one. i'm to much of a newbie when it comes to hosting i think Embarrassed Embarrassed

Visit our forum >>>Here&&

IP Logged

plague5245
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #187 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 7:44pm
Post Tools
Texas yo! The greatest place to find desolation and nothingness. A lovely city that has been properly referred to as Odessalate.

I have used many forum softwares over the past year perhaps, ranging from IPB, phpBB2, SMF, ProBoards, and a few others. Although I enjoy the use of SMF more, for whatever little ways they are, I believe I have fallen head over heels in love with YaBB. Found and installed through cPanel on my server, and would have otherwise not even known YaBB existed if it weren't for cPanel.

I give YaBB two cookies and a galss of sour milk with little floaties in it.

YaBB Codex&&YaBB Documentation and Reference Material&&YaBB Forum&&YaBB Support Forum and Community&&BoardMod&&YaBB Mod / Template Resour
WWWGTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

fgudin
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #186 - May 23rd, 2006 at 1:30pm
Post Tools
1) France
2) I googled and searched SourceForge also, looking for a non-php message board software. Checked on Freshports.org that a port was available and chose yours (though I had to craft manually the install, but it's not a matter of YaBB, proper).
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2006 at 1:33pm by fgudin »  

IP Logged

toxie
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #185 - May 5th, 2006 at 10:36pm
Post Tools

1) Canada Burrr Wink

2) I found out about Yabb through a friend. I was using one of those freebie forums with hundreds of advertizments. One of my members linked me and I instantly fell in love! We are currently waiting to upload it because we switched to a different server!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top