Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 4,042 times)
Christer;
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Where are you from and how did you find YaBB?
Reply #64 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 11:47pm
Post Tools
Information->Donate in the left hand menu.

Ex-convict of the YaBB prison colony.
IP Logged

pamie808
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #63 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 1:06am
Post Tools
I am from Brooksville, Florida and I actually stumbled upon YABB searching for something else.

A thunderous silence&&breaks through my thoughts.&&What was once many great ideas&&is now a triumph, lost.&&&&Baffling words tumble through my mind.&&Reflections of darkness hover.&&A disturbing peacefulness beckons to me,&&and inside myself, I take cover.&&&&What would it be like to stay there forever?&&To be lost in all my cares?&&From the inside, looking out -&&I cry silent tears.
AIM  
IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #62 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 8:09pm
Post Tools
Quote:
I actually miss tech support, I had to admit. It was fun to have the answers. Wish I still did. Now I can't even support my own code it's been so long.

Trust me, I know the feeling.  I used to be heavy into programming years ago.  But I haven't done anything in so long that the only thing that I have even bothered with lately is HTML based that is one of the reasons why I chose to go with a YaBB board over a .php board or any one of the others.  I just don't remember alot of it.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2004 at 4:29am by Mike Sanger »  

&&
IP Logged

Dave Baughman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #61 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 6:13pm
Post Tools
Yes, it is. Smiley There used to never be a post on this board that was marked as "Unread" for me. As soon as it was posted, I read it. Especially that support board.

I actually miss tech support, I had to admit. It was fun to have the answers. Wish I still did. Now I can't even support my own code it's been so long. lol.

355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #60 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 5:12pm
Post Tools
@ Dave

It is easy to get hooked here.  I haven't known about or been around long but I am definitely hooked.  Between 7am and 5pm I am usually lurking around looking and reading other post.  I have learned a bunch that I didn't know and I think I have helped a few others as well.

By the way always good to see someone make a cameo and even better when they stick around awhile.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2004 at 5:13pm by M.A.S. »  

&&
IP Logged

Dave Baughman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #59 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 3:49pm
Post Tools
I'm from Murfreesboro, TN.

I found YaBB in either late 1999 or early 2000, back when it had an .ru domain, I think? Maybe .nl? I can't remember. It was an .org or a .com yet, that much I know. Cheesy I think I found it on cgi-resources.com, along with a bunch of others, and picked it after a shorted go-around with Anyboard (blech!). That was back when YabbHelp's website was online with Freeservers before they went down. That's where I first met Tim C., who was my first real contact in YaBB. He bent over backwards to help me get it set up, so I figured I should do something to help out, and I wanted to learn some things so I could modify my message board (think I was making it for our CS clan at the time), and I fixed a small problem with the BB code email regex and submitted it to Zef. After that, I was hooked. Cheesy

355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

sambuca
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #58 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 1:22am
Post Tools
Good ole Sydney

<<Please don't spam. -Mike Sanger>>
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2004 at 2:32am by Mike Sanger »  

IP Logged

Flicker

Reply #57 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 8:47pm
Post Tools
north Uk, near manchester and stockport...

and I was very apreciative of the YaBBSE version out a couple of years ago in use on www.norwichyfc.co.uk... i checked it out, thinking it was going to cost a lot of money, and found out it was free.

I looked it all up, but my server didn't have mySQL, so i checked on to old-skool yabb, and it was fine.

First installation was a little bit cumbersome, problems caused by case sensitivity, my desire to change all default paths and urls, my servers reluctance to run set up scripts and having different base dirs for cgi and html docs... and most of all the difference between smilies and smileys.

YaBB hacking has taught me perl, i have modded like crazy, and I am very happy with it.

Frog Forum: www.smile-jesuslovesyou.org/forum/&&&&Get 'fox.
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #56 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:03pm
Post Tools
Well, I'm soon to be from (or more like living in for a while)  Metro Charlotte, North Carolina, instead of St. Louis.

IP Logged

StarCube

Reply #55 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 6:42pm
Post Tools
Quote:
I'm from Groningen, The Netherlands and I found(ed) YaBB Tongue

You liar, everbody knows the Elmo (The Muppet) Invented YaBB, he is the most Jive Talkingest Muppet in the world... he created YaBB not you

Disclamier - SnB Is suffering from a mental problem called CoC Syndrome, now if Corey Chapman would play nice and give him his pill's he'd be fine.

*SnB Slaps Disclaimer Guy!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

2LeslieAnne
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #54 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 8:11am
Post Tools
I'm from San Leandro California and came across YaBB through VoiceNetwork and browsing.

IP Logged

ObeyLomont
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #53 - Jul 5th, 2004 at 8:10pm
Post Tools
I live in Valencia California, and I was on google one day, and it popped up under FORUM.

Current Girlfriend: Madison Wood
AIM  
IP Logged

[Ash]

Reply #52 - Jul 2nd, 2004 at 12:18am
Post Tools
Wow..I'm surprised I never replied to this thread for so long.
Anyway:

1: I live just outside of a little town called Glen Rock, in the scenic state of Pennsylvania, in the United States of America.
2: I found YaBB after becoming a member to a gaming forum (now offline).

&&&&
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #51 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 2:47pm
Post Tools
I am from North Carolina and I found YaBB through our sites web designer.  He started our own YaBB forum and I have had lots of fun using it and now I have decided to start looking at and joing other Forums as well. 

YaBB Forums are a great way to communicate ideas and technical assistance

Grin

&&
IP Logged

suffolk
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #50 - Jun 30th, 2004 at 9:19am
Post Tools
I am from London.I heard about this from someone I talk to in the USA.I had already bought a bulletin board.but yabb is so much easier to use

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top