Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Let Us Know] Your Location AND How You Found YaBB (Read 2,606 times)
flittell
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Where are you from and how did you find YaBB?
Reply #79 - Sep 27th, 2004 at 4:37am
Post Tools
I live in Carson City, Nevada, near Lake Tahoe.  I found YaBB by a recommendation of another member.

AIM  
IP Logged

aculus
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #78 - Sep 20th, 2004 at 10:22am
Post Tools
Quote:
So let's find out!

1) Where do you live?

2) How did you first find YaBB?

1)
Italy  8)

2)
i was looking for a cool discussion board for my web and found (google) the best one  Smiley after a long search...
thank you !!!
greetings from Italy

IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #77 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 8:36pm
Post Tools
@ brathann

Indiana eh?  Welcome to the addiction of YaBB.  Where you might not be hooked yet but you soon will be.  Grin

&&
IP Logged

Barefoot Brat
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #76 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 6:27pm
Post Tools
Well, I thought I'd venture over here and say hello now that I am thoroughly addicted to this message board stuff.  Smiley

I am currently in Indiana. Been here two years. Next fall I should be heading to somewhere west of the Rockies.

I found YaBB by doing a search for free scripts for a message board. I am still fine tuning my board. (Is an artist ever through creating <G>??)

Brathann

IP Logged

Juvenall Wilson
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #75 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 6:12am
Post Tools
Welcome to YaBB, Chinrish Smiley

WWWGTalkICQYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Chinrish
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #74 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 3:47am
Post Tools
I live in Shanghai, PR. China. I found YaBB by searching in google.

IP Logged

Mike Sanger
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #73 - Aug 30th, 2004 at 1:38am
Post Tools
Glad to have y'all aboard.

IP Logged

willy50
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #72 - Aug 29th, 2004 at 4:12am
Post Tools
Hi guys....... I'm a newbie.....my first post.

I'm a mod from another board; HCVanonymous.  I've only been posting a year and serving as a mod for 3 months or so.  I'm trying to learn more about how the boards function and just trying to learn my duties better.  I often joke about the manual that came with the job.  So moderating has been kind of a Helen Keller navigation thing.  I'm looking forward to reading about problems and solutions.  I've already learned something...... I logged in with a bad password (I was getting nailed by pop-ups as I was entering it) but I got that corrected already.  ......I can only improve.

By the way......I slept in my car...... scared as hell in Macon.  It was in '73 and I had the top down, a pony tail, and a fresh recollection of the movie "Macon County Line" (for those of you that are not cinema buffs it probably shown mostly in drive in theatres...)  I was really afraid of getting lynched being a kind of counter culture looking..... A policeman drove up to my car.....('61 TR3)......and just as I was saying...."I'm going, I'm going"...  He said "you'd be much warmer if you parked in between the bank and the drive up window".  I was too scared to refuse.  In the morning..... I woke up and was staring into a bankers eyes.  He woke me up and I realized I was in the drive up lane and they were about to open.  As I started to apologise and promise i'd be gone in 5 seconds, he invited me in to have coffee and donuts with all the bank staff.  So much for stereotypes......

...by the way...... nice site.  I plan to forward it to a few other mods.

Best,
Willy

IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #71 - Aug 27th, 2004 at 7:50pm
Post Tools
Web surfing, watch out for the barnies!  "Hang ten dudes"  Grin

&&
IP Logged

Alfheim
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Aug 27th, 2004 at 6:39am
Post Tools
I'm from the United States, and i found Yabb by surfing the web.

IP Logged

add2it
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #69 - Aug 25th, 2004 at 7:51pm
Post Tools
Kiel, Germany (until 12/13/04  Wink)

I found YaBB after entering the search term "forum script" in my copy of the Link Capture tool (http://www.add2it.com/see.pl?LinkCapture).

'Whatever the mind can conceive and believe... it can achieve.'&& Napoleon Hill, Think & Grow Rich&&&&To your success,&&&&Frank Bauer&&www.add2it.com
ICQYIM  
IP Logged

M.A.S.

Reply #68 - Aug 24th, 2004 at 11:08am
Post Tools
@ Angellogan Quote:
Most of you have probably posted in forums since you got your hands on a Computer...Not me, been on the net since 93 and Never Posted anywhere but here.

Be aware that it becomes addictive.  Grin

&&
IP Logged

angellogan
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #67 - Aug 24th, 2004 at 4:42am
Post Tools
From New York,
I was out Browsing for Forum Software and all Links led here.  That was three weeks ago and life has not been the same since.  It used to be simpler! Grin  Most of you have probably posted in forums since you got your hands on a Computer...Not me, been on the net since 93 and Never Posted anywhere but here.  I really like this product. Wink  Thanks Yabb Team

If you like Anime, stop by and check this new site out.
IP Logged

Elmware

Reply #66 - Aug 14th, 2004 at 8:34pm
Post Tools
British Columbia - Canada.

I first discovered YaBB from a webhost which had shared CGI scripts, but unfortantly didn't work.  I had a site hosted at web1000.com but was not very happy with their hosting being very limited in what you can do, and they slip advertising into your links, and their scripts don't even work.  They don't let you run your own scripts and they run on lame Winblows.  I now have the site hosted at http://bwap.clawz.com (a real Linux server) and managed to get my YaBB forums working there without any problems.

I don't think I will ever have a site hosted on any Windows server ever again.  It really suxx.

IP Logged

Golden_Helmet
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #65 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 11:39am
Post Tools
i live in California, i don't quite like revealing the town\county. i'm 14 years old and way too curious for my own good.

i found out about YaBB from sc2.sourceforge.net, i liked the forum layout and decided to check it out, plus i was getting tired of my other forums.
before i began messing around with YaBB, i was using Invision Power Boards (mainly the invisionfree version) and those crappy Aimoo boards (i hate 'em). i love IPB's, their great and easy to use for a forum n00b, but i wanted a bit more customizeability.
i checked out phpBB originaly, but turned it down as it seemed more\less a stripped down version of Invision and YaBB mixed together.
i then turned to YaBB. i love tweaking things to hell and back, YaBB lets me do that, and it looks profesional\expensive to boot. errr....... i havent quite gotten a YaBB forum running yet..... idiocy on my part, i never get anything right, i'm still trying my hardest though (thanks for the web hosting service Eyaka, one of these days i'll have my YaBB forum running! Tongue ).
i've got YaBB to thank for my growing knowledge of web servers. before i knew about YaBB, if someone were to say cgi script, MySQL, Perl, php, CHMOD, or anything similar, i'd be "What the hell is that?". I also didn't have a clue on how to use a FTP program, and i didn't know that websites had bandwidth limits, now i know all that mumbo jumbo, and my parents can't say that i use my computer for useless junk either Tongue

EDIT: oh, i hate to say good things about another forum system, but all you Invision dissers should at least try the 1.3 version, its pretty good and bug free, and all invision boards are free as long as you don't want tech support (bleh, who needs it?). not as customizeable as YaBB, but easy enough for an uber forum n00b like myself who curently can't even get a YaBB forum running (one of these days....)
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2004 at 11:53am by Golden_Helmet »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top