YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

Chinese / 汉语 (Read 20,605 times)
 Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:17pm
There are no actions to perform.  
Carsten 
Ex Member

None
Chinese / 汉语
This is for Chinese language pack...

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:50pm

gavin 
YaBB Newbie

None
Re: Chinese / 汉语
So I wish someone could finish the Chinese translation based on this work (Admin section not yet done)...

Chinese.zip (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 6:04am

puiwaihin 
YaBB Newbie
桃園

None
Traditional and Simplified
There will probably need to be two separate language packs for Chinese-- Simplified and Traditional.  While the translation will probably be the same, they'll use different character codes for many characters.  I suggest the language pack default to utf-8 in the charset tag.

I'm not a native speaker, so I wouldn't do an acceptable job of translating, but I am interested in seeing this work correctly.

I have identified the most serious problem with my installation of YaBB:  Me.
IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 1:57pm

gavin 
YaBB Newbie

None

Thanks for your suggestions! I shall come back to it as soon as everything else is working. Nevertheless, I hope someone else could embark on it too.

There are several "over" translation in the .lng files and it prevents Perl scripts from working properly. Also there are some bad phrase translations.

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 7:49am

puiwaihin 
YaBB Newbie
桃園

None
I'd love to do it, but my Chinese isn't exactly native.  It would come out like English subtitles of pirated movies after they're translated to Chinese and then back into English.

But perhaps I can get some people on my forum to lend a hand.  We'll see how it goes.

I have identified the most serious problem with my installation of YaBB:  Me.
IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 2:09pm

godblessu 
YaBB Newbie
Beijing

None
I wish I can do some translation for Chinese.
please contact to me.

WWW godblessu godblessu  
IP Logged  
 Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 3:39pm

Corey Chapman 
YaBB Administrator
Rock Hill, South Carolina

YaBB 2.5
You are more than welcome to translate the existing English help, buttons, and language files to Chinese.  Just download the 2.1 version of YaBB.  When the package is ready, post it as an attachment in this topic.

IP Logged  
 Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 1:54pm

godblessu 
YaBB Newbie
Beijing

None
Re: Chinese / ººÓï
I havn't completed the translation of Simplified Chinese, I upload what I have translated here. When I finished it, I will upload it again.

My YaBB site is : http://www.irisbay.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

If anyone can help me with the new line problem of Chinese, please contact my MSN

I Just re-upload the chinese.zip, and my translation is near completed.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2006 at 9:02pm by godblessu »  
chinese.zip (Attachment deleted)
WWW godblessu godblessu  
IP Logged  
 Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:47am

godblessu 
YaBB Newbie
Beijing

None
Re: Chinese / ººÓï
This is my last translation to Simplified Chinese, and the translation is almost completed.
If I have some mistakes in this translation, please contact me, Thanks.

chinese_001.zip (Attachment deleted)
WWW godblessu godblessu  
IP Logged  
 Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 4:11am

ty 
YaBB Newbie

None
I'm speak chinese also,but not the tradition one (Manderin nor Cantonese),I can help to translate some but not all

IP Logged  
 Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:56pm

chinesemonkey 
YaBB Newbie

None
Re: Chinese / 汉语�726D707622416D6F6F776C6B767B6667606D70636A5D6F5D607770766D6C020
Hi, I'm new here...I am English but learning Chinese mandarin 2 at the University. I passed learning the first time, two years ago with 69%...pretty good though this time round is much harder. I can speak not too bad and I am better at recognising the characters and translating them into pinyin well but to translate them into English is hard to fathem out. I am interested in this culture very much and know quite a lot more than my classmates, I travel to China often and listen to stories, horoscopes and music, I can even sing a classical Chinese song called, 'Kang Ding Qing Ge' now. I have many Chinese friends over there as well as here but they are always busy and don't have time to help me with my studies. Hope to hear from anyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Xinnian Hao! or Xinnian Kuaile!

IP Logged  
 Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 7:56am

Outumuro 
Documentation Team
Operations Team
Los Angeles, California

None
*subject test* Huh

... ... ...
IP Logged  
 Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 9:57pm

chinesemonkey 
YaBB Newbie

None
Re: Chinese / 汉语�726D707622416D6F6F776C6B767B666760
SmileyNi hao, wo zhongguo laoshi - says I am speaking in Chinese mandarin very well...have improved, even one of my classmates who is cantonese says that I am much better than him for speaking mandarin well...I am so amazed!  Bao zhong pengyoumen. zaijian from DANBI

chinesemonkey wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:56pm:
Hi, I'm new here...I am English but learning Chinese mandarin 2 at the University. I passed learning the first time, two years ago with 69%...pretty good though this time round is much harder. I can speak not too bad and I am better at recognising the characters and translating them into pinyin well but to translate them into English is hard to fathem out. I am interested in this culture very much and know quite a lot more than my classmates, I travel to China often and listen to stories, horoscopes and music, I can even sing a classical Chinese song called, 'Kang Ding Qing Ge' now. I have many Chinese friends over there as well as here but they are always busy and don't have time to help me with my studies. Hope to hear from anyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Xinnian Hao! or Xinnian Kuaile!

Smiley

IP Logged  
 Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 12:20am

AK108 
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

None
What are you doing to this topic's subject?

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged  
 Reply #14 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 2:18am

cloud blank 
YaBB Newbie

None
Dear all,

Here is a Traditional Chinese Lang pack, translated from official Simplified Chinese Lang pack.

TraditionalChinese.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged  
Pages: 1 2 
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.