Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Chinese / 汉语 (Read 21,309 times)
Carsten
Ex Member

Chinese / 汉语
Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:17pm
Post Tools
This is for Chinese language pack...

IP Logged

gavin
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Chinese / 汉语
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:50pm
Post Tools
So I wish someone could finish the Chinese translation based on this work (Admin section not yet done)...

Chinese.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

puiwaihin
YaBB Newcomer

Traditional and Simplified
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 6:04am
Post Tools
There will probably need to be two separate language packs for Chinese-- Simplified and Traditional.  While the translation will probably be the same, they'll use different character codes for many characters.  I suggest the language pack default to utf-8 in the charset tag.

I'm not a native speaker, so I wouldn't do an acceptable job of translating, but I am interested in seeing this work correctly.

I have identified the most serious problem with my installation of YaBB:  Me.
IP Logged

gavin
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 1:57pm
Post Tools

Thanks for your suggestions! I shall come back to it as soon as everything else is working. Nevertheless, I hope someone else could embark on it too.

There are several "over" translation in the .lng files and it prevents Perl scripts from working properly. Also there are some bad phrase translations.

IP Logged

puiwaihin
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 7:49am
Post Tools
I'd love to do it, but my Chinese isn't exactly native.  It would come out like English subtitles of pirated movies after they're translated to Chinese and then back into English.

But perhaps I can get some people on my forum to lend a hand.  We'll see how it goes.

I have identified the most serious problem with my installation of YaBB:  Me.
IP Logged

godblessu
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 2:09pm
Post Tools
I wish I can do some translation for Chinese.
please contact to me.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 3:39pm
Post Tools
You are more than welcome to translate the existing English help, buttons, and language files to Chinese.  Just download the 2.1 version of YaBB.  When the package is ready, post it as an attachment in this topic.

IP Logged

godblessu
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Chinese / ║║Ë´
Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 1:54pm
Post Tools
I havn't completed the translation of Simplified Chinese, I upload what I have translated here. When I finished it, I will upload it again.

My YaBB site is : http://www.irisbay.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

If anyone can help me with the new line problem of Chinese, please contact my MSN

I Just re-upload the chinese.zip, and my translation is near completed.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2006 at 9:02pm by godblessu »  

chinese.zip (Attachment deleted)
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

godblessu
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Chinese / ║║Ë´
Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:47am
Post Tools
This is my last translation to Simplified Chinese, and the translation is almost completed.
If I have some mistakes in this translation, please contact me, Thanks.

chinese_001.zip (Attachment deleted)
WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

ty
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 4:11am
Post Tools
I'm speak chinese also,but not the tradition one (Manderin nor Cantonese),I can help to translate some but not all

IP Logged

chinesemonkey
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Chinese / 汉语�726D707622416D6F6F776C6B767B6667606D70636A5D6F5D607770766D6C020
Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:56pm
Post Tools
Hi, I'm new here...I am English but learning Chinese mandarin 2 at the University. I passed learning the first time, two years ago with 69%...pretty good though this time round is much harder. I can speak not too bad and I am better at recognising the characters and translating them into pinyin well but to translate them into English is hard to fathem out. I am interested in this culture very much and know quite a lot more than my classmates, I travel to China often and listen to stories, horoscopes and music, I can even sing a classical Chinese song called, 'Kang Ding Qing Ge' now. I have many Chinese friends over there as well as here but they are always busy and don't have time to help me with my studies. Hope to hear from anyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Xinnian Hao! or Xinnian Kuaile!

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 7:56am
Post Tools
*subject test* Huh

IP Logged

chinesemonkey
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Chinese / 汉语�726D707622416D6F6F776C6B767B666760
Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2007 at 9:57pm
Post Tools
SmileyNi hao, wo zhongguo laoshi - says I am speaking in Chinese mandarin very well...have improved, even one of my classmates who is cantonese says that I am much better than him for speaking mandarin well...I am so amazed!  Bao zhong pengyoumen. zaijian from DANBI

chinesemonkey wrote on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:56pm:
Hi, I'm new here...I am English but learning Chinese mandarin 2 at the University. I passed learning the first time, two years ago with 69%...pretty good though this time round is much harder. I can speak not too bad and I am better at recognising the characters and translating them into pinyin well but to translate them into English is hard to fathem out. I am interested in this culture very much and know quite a lot more than my classmates, I travel to China often and listen to stories, horoscopes and music, I can even sing a classical Chinese song called, 'Kang Ding Qing Ge' now. I have many Chinese friends over there as well as here but they are always busy and don't have time to help me with my studies. Hope to hear from anyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year! Xinnian Hao! or Xinnian Kuaile!

Smiley

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 12:20am
Post Tools
What are you doing to this topic's subject?

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

cloud blank
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #14 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 2:18am
Post Tools
Dear all,

Here is a Traditional Chinese Lang pack, translated from official Simplified Chinese Lang pack.

TraditionalChinese.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top