Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Donate to YaBB (Read 12,696 times)
garyinri

Re: Donate to YaBB
Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 3:39pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on May 31st, 2005 at 4:40pm:
XIMinc will be https soon enough.  I just haven't implemented the secure portion of the billing system I'm writing.  As far as SourceForge's paypal goes, there's nothing we can do about how it appears on their site.  It should give the money to YaBB's account, possibly with a small portion going to SourceForge.  I'm not exactly sure how they work, and we don't get many donations through there.

Any timetable on when the secure portion of the billing system will be implemented?

IP Logged

Bombastic

Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Post Tools
shanda wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 8:12pm:
Another suggestion:

Get a group of regular YaBBer's to volunteer to do installs but the payment goes to Yabb. I'm sure many here would be happy to do this to give back a little to the community. You could verify each volunteer's ability to successfully install and get a forum up and running before they are allowed to join the volunteer list. Then as requests come in you have a pool of volunteers to assign the installs to.

I myself have installed and reinstalled YaBB so many times over the past 3 years I could do it in my sleep Wink  I for one would be willing to do this and commit to a certain number of installs per week as decided by the Admins. If each volunteer committed to X number of installs in a given time frame then you could rely on a fairly regular source of income.

I am willing and would be happy to do this if it generated donations for YaBB Smiley 

This is a good idea. I've installed YaBB numerous times also. First time it took me so long with lot's of mistakes on my part. But I just did it again today on a test forum in about 5 minutes with no errors.

http://www.weirdoheaven.biz/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I'd happily install YaBB for someone and the money go to the YaBB team.

IP Logged

suuri
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 4:29pm
Post Tools
hi guys is ever thing ok  8-)

IP Logged

shanda

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 8:12pm
Post Tools
Another suggestion:

Get a group of regular YaBBer's to volunteer to do installs but the payment goes to Yabb. I'm sure many here would be happy to do this to give back a little to the community. You could verify each volunteer's ability to successfully install and get a forum up and running before they are allowed to join the volunteer list. Then as requests come in you have a pool of volunteers to assign the installs to.

I myself have installed and reinstalled YaBB so many times over the past 3 years I could do it in my sleep Wink  I for one would be willing to do this and commit to a certain number of installs per week as decided by the Admins. If each volunteer committed to X number of installs in a given time frame then you could rely on a fairly regular source of income.

I am willing and would be happy to do this if it generated donations for YaBB Smiley

~*~ shanda ~*~
YIM  
IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 12:50pm
Post Tools
Well, there's not any official plans. I'm just saying something that I *could* do, and it's just a random idea Wink

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Post Tools
Quote:
kind of automation. Wink

That sounds good as well.

Thanks for all the info.  Smiley

Cheers
IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 9:00am
Post Tools
Quote:
Sorry me being a thick "O" whats a bot?

kind of automation. Wink

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 1:55am
Post Tools
Quote:
5.6 pounds, according to Google's conversion rates.

Installs might work, but we'd need a large group to do them. It might almost be worth writing a bot to do the FTPing.

Sorry me being a thick "O" whats a bot?

Also £5.6 pounds is not that much to pay to be quite honest you could double that price and still get the custom.

Hang on a minute what am I talking about I'm starting to give my money away here.  Smiley

Cheers
IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 1:21am
Post Tools
5.6 pounds, according to Google's conversion rates.

Installs might work, but we'd need a large group to do them. It might almost be worth writing a bot to do the FTPing.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2006 at 1:22am by AK108 »  

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 1:17am
Post Tools
Quote:
All a matter of time.  I had $10 installs at one point.  It took off, but that was too cheap because of the volume.  I would love to be able to do them again for a few extra $ for the server and to help YaBBers out, but I don't forsee that happening for at least a few months.

The only thing I would say first come first serve. If people want the service they would have to wait their turn. I know you lot are doing a great job and need to consentrate on the development of YaBB so people would have to understand that it may take a while for someone to install the program. It's like taking your computer for repair you just have to wait in the queue.

What's that in UK pound? Smiley

Cheers
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 12:07am
Post Tools
All a matter of time.  I had $10 installs at one point.  It took off, but that was too cheap because of the volume.  I would love to be able to do them again for a few extra $ for the server and to help YaBBers out, but I don't forsee that happening for at least a few months.

IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 11:22pm
Post Tools
I have a daft idea on generating some well earned cash. Why not charge people for installing Yabb for them. Especially when there is an upgrade. I upgraded to yabb2.1 and had a few problems. I would have loved someone to do it for me.

Just a suggestion. It might take off if the price is right?  Smiley

Cheers
IP Logged

‡§оŗąķ‡
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 7:38am
Post Tools
Glad to help in a small way.. You've created an excellent peice of software here!!

Sorak  aka Blaine

‡§оŗąķ‡

IP Logged

Photogman

Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 1:38pm
Post Tools
Thanks Corey, I didn't read through the entire thread otherwise I would have seen the posts.  As soon as your donation site become secure with the little yellow padlock, I will make a donation.  I would do it now if there was a phone number I could call, but I know what a pain that would be for yabb...thanks for all the hard work you guys have been putting in lately and over the years!

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
Photogman wrote on Jul 1st, 2005 at 10:05am:
Just curious Corey, will your donation site accept Paypal?

As stated above.  XIMinc doesn't support PayPal.  Only SourceForge accepts Paypal, if you wish to donate to us through their site (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/yabb), but I think some of the money goes to them too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top