Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) YaBB is 5 Years Old Today (Read 16,758 times)
A.I.D.S.

Re: YaBB is 5 Years Old Today
Reply #15 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:59pm
Post Tools
COngratulations YaBB!

====================================&&@@@@@@@@@@@Junky@@@@@@@@@@@@@&&====================================
IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #16 - May 21st, 2006 at 12:57am
Post Tools
Happy birthday YaBB and well done to all involved with the project keep up the good work guys.

Cheers
IP Logged

Spikecity
Requiescat In Pace

Reply #17 - May 21st, 2006 at 5:38pm
Post Tools
You are either too soon for our 6th birthday (on July 4th 2006) or awefully late for our 5th which was obviously on July 4th 2005. Tongue

@A.I.D.S.
I allready asked you once before not to reply to months old threads as it is useless (like here)
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006 at 5:39pm by Spikecity »  

IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #18 - May 21st, 2006 at 6:02pm
Post Tools
Quote:
You are either too soon for our 6th birthday (on July 4th 2006) or awefully late for our 5th which was obviously on July 4th 2005. Tongue

@A.I.D.S.
I allready asked you once before not to reply to months old threads as it is useless (like here)

Better late than never that's what I say  Smiley

Didn't realise the first post was 2005. Happy Birthday for 4th July 2006. Sorry will have to look at the dates.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006 at 6:05pm by smith21 »  

Cheers
IP Logged

Elari
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #19 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 2:55pm
Post Tools
Gratz very good. Tongue

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #20 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 4:08pm
Post Tools
A bit late Wink  Although I guess we should have celebrated this year with YaBB's 6th birthday.

IP Logged

njoker555

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 5:09pm
Post Tools
the big 5 years old, i remember when i was 5, i broke my leg and cried all day lol  Cry

IP Logged

Elari
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #22 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 5:41pm
Post Tools
Quote:
A bit late Wink  Although I guess we should have celebrated this year with YaBB's 6th birthday.

Then Gratz Soon:)

IP Logged

Mystic M
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2007 at 3:07pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Jul 5th, 2005 at 2:08am:
It was 5 years ago today that YaBB announced its first public release of the privately coded bulletin board script.  On July 4, 2000, what is now known as YaBB Original Release was published on yabb.ru by Zef Hemel.

Today, YaBB is proud to be the predecessor and inspiration for many systems like Ikonboard, Invision Board, YaBB SE, and Simple Machines Forum.  YaBB was one of the first messaging systems for websites written in the Open Source standard, and probably the first in Perl in the modern non-threaded "forum" style.  It is now one of the few remaining in the Perl language, and certainly the most popular of its type.

While other systems (typically written successfully in PHP with MySQL usage) have surpassed YaBB in website usage and popularity, YaBB has stayed afloat despite its slow development time.  This is largely due to its personal and supportive community now on www.yabbforum.com and its very popular mod program and community at www.boardmod.org.

We invite you to keep your eyes peeled over the next week for some exciting changes to YaBB.  If you've been an active member of our community lately, you'll be able to guess what some of them are.

Celebrate with us on the United States of America Independence day, conveniently also YaBB's 5th birthday.  Half a decade gone by with millions of users.

now 7 years old. So the software hasn't been updated in 2 years?

Ontario Wedding Forum&&www.mystic-m.com/forum
IP Logged

Spikecity
Requiescat In Pace

Reply #24 - Jun 10th, 2007 at 8:53pm
Post Tools
Mystic M wrote on Jun 10th, 2007 at 3:07pm:
It was 5 years ago today that YaBB announced its first public release of the privately coded bulletin board script.  On July 4, 2000, what is now known as YaBB Original Release was published on yabb.ru by Zef Hemel.

Today, YaBB is proud to be the predecessor and inspiration for many systems like Ikonboard, Invision Board, YaBB SE, and Simple Machines Forum.  YaBB was one of the first messaging systems for websites written in the Open Source standard, and probably the first in Perl in the modern non-threaded "forum" style.  It is now one of the few remaining in the Perl language, and certainly the most popular of its type.

While other systems (typically written successfully in PHP with MySQL usage) have surpassed YaBB in website usage and popularity, YaBB has stayed afloat despite its slow development time.  This is largely due to its personal and supportive community now on www.yabbforum.com and its very popular mod program and community at www.boardmod.org.

We invite you to keep your eyes peeled over the next week for some exciting changes to YaBB.  If you've been an active member of our community lately, you'll be able to guess what some of them are.

Celebrate with us on the United States of America Independence day, conveniently also YaBB's 5th birthday.  Half a decade gone by with millions of users.

Little over one year ago YaBB2.1 was released, so we are working hard to make the next release available Wink
In the meantime YaBB3 also is being developed.

IP Logged

petros
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #25 - Jun 11th, 2007 at 7:30am
Post Tools
Spikecity wrote on Jun 10th, 2007 at 8:53pm:
Mystic M wrote on Jun 10th, 2007 at 3:07pm:
It was 5 years ago today that YaBB announced its first public release of the privately coded bulletin board script.  On July 4, 2000, what is now known as YaBB Original Release was published on yabb.ru by Zef Hemel.

Today, YaBB is proud to be the predecessor and inspiration for many systems like Ikonboard, Invision Board, YaBB SE, and Simple Machines Forum.  YaBB was one of the first messaging systems for websites written in the Open Source standard, and probably the first in Perl in the modern non-threaded "forum" style.  It is now one of the few remaining in the Perl language, and certainly the most popular of its type.

While other systems (typically written successfully in PHP with MySQL usage) have surpassed YaBB in website usage and popularity, YaBB has stayed afloat despite its slow development time.  This is largely due to its personal and supportive community now on www.yabbforum.com and its very popular mod program and community at www.boardmod.org.

We invite you to keep your eyes peeled over the next week for some exciting changes to YaBB.  If you've been an active member of our community lately, you'll be able to guess what some of them are.

Celebrate with us on the United States of America Independence day, conveniently also YaBB's 5th birthday.  Half a decade gone by with millions of users.

Little over one year ago YaBB2.1 was released, so we are working hard to make the next release available Wink
In the meantime YaBB3 also is being developed.

Hello,

I am a newbie and have come here to learn! Smiley
Is Perl a difficult language ?  

Congratulations on being 7 years old.  Grin   May you celebrate many more!

I love the animated picture, Do you call them 'avatars'? How do you get them? Is there a ready source where they are obtainable or do you have to write them in Perl?

I live in the UK in the leg that sticks out into the Atlantic pond known as Cornwall.

Cheers everybody!

petros

IP Logged

Spikecity
Requiescat In Pace

Reply #26 - Jun 11th, 2007 at 7:49pm
Post Tools
Perl is not a particularly difficult language, mostly because it is very forgiving in defining variables, has many solutions to a problem and can be very clear to read (because functions are descriptive).

It looks similar to PHP (which is a logical spin off of Perl) and much easier to learn then C++ for example.

Very nice books are available on Perl

My avatar is a plain animated GIF image found on the internet.
You can add your own avatar in your profile by giving the full url to the image you want to show up.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2007 at 7:50pm by Spikecity »  

IP Logged

philipjohn
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #27 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 11:05am
Post Tools
Well i hope to see that the interface of YaBB board is improved further and also the scurity factor should be increased. PERL support is not bad in Yabb in my opinion.

Regards,
Philip John
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2007 at 11:05am by philipjohn »  

IP Logged

gman114
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #28 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 9:48pm
Post Tools
Happy birthday number 5 to yabb!

I am very happy with my 2 yabb boards and also I am very happy with the support I have gotten!

Also, on a similar note....

I am very happy with my 100 plus board mods and also the board mod support has been very very good to me!

It's the COMBINATION of yabb AND board mod that really makes the whole package as good as it is!

Thank you all for your efforts and thank you for the labor that you do without charging any of us!

IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #29 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 1:48am
Post Tools
gman114 wrote on Dec 7th, 2007 at 9:48pm:
Happy birthday number 5 to yabb!

I am very happy with my 2 yabb boards and also I am very happy with the support I have gotten!

Also, on a similar note....

I am very happy with my 100 plus board mods and also the board mod support has been very very good to me!

It's the COMBINATION of yabb AND board mod that really makes the whole package as good as it is!

Thank you all for your efforts and thank you for the labor that you do without charging any of us!

And may I say thank you firstly for using YaBB and also for taking time to thank everyone concerned in the making of YaBB and also for thanking all the members on here and BoardMod for the help and support you have received.

Cheers
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo