Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Problems converting messages to YaBB 2 (Read 3,357 times)
tompocz

None
Re: Problems converting messages to YaBB 2
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 9:58am
Post Tools
My experience with premature script errors is twofold

1. the perl script has an issue with DOS carriage return (COntrol+M) at the end of line and needs to be converted to unix using dos2unix.
2. I found on my providers site that he has some form of security running where it dissallows chmodding 777 or 666. Prob was resolve when I changed the permossions of perl scripts to 755. This also included permissions to directories as well.

Anyway the above is just some of my observations that I have come across.

cheers
Tom

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
YaBB Administrator
Development Team

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2005 at 6:15pm
Post Tools
Monsen's suggestion is good one.

I came a across a similar problem when converting my own large forum. Since it is creating some message files, chmod's aren't like to be the problem.

It might be a difficult task, but could you possibly find out what the last file created in the new message directory is? It will be failing on this message, or the one just after it. Since they are converted sequentially, you would have to find the number after the thread it last successfully converted in the /Convert/Messages directory.

If you can find those files, and the error_log, and attach them here, it would help greatly. If there is any sensitive info in those thread files, feel free to blank it out Smiley

IP Logged

Monsen
YaBB Legends (Active)

YaBB 2.2
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 7:37pm
Post Tools
Do you have access to the server's error log? The "Premature end of script headers" error message is often accompanied by another message right above it in the log, which is more informative.

It might also be some kind of timeout. The converter should be protected from this, but it might not be dividing things into small enough pieces. You have afterall very large boards, not just a large forum overall. A developer should be able to answer this more properly though.

IP Logged

Stephan1977
YaBB Newcomer

Problems converting messages to YaBB 2
Oct 9th, 2005 at 8:09pm
Post Tools
I have a prolem converting the messages from YaBB 1.3.2 to YaBB 2 with the included converter.
After a time of ~20 minutes I receive a error :

Serverfehler!
Die Anfrage kann nicht beantwortet werden, da im Server ein interner Fehler aufgetreten ist.

Fehlermeldung:
Premature end of script headers: Setup.pl

Sofern Sie dies für eine Fehlfunktion des Servers halten, informieren Sie bitte den Webmaster hierüber.

Error 500
www.aqua-computer-systeme.de
Sun Oct 9 21:57:46 2005
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

I know this error is nomally shown if there are errors with chmod or user rights.
So I gave the hole folder 777. Also there are thousends of files made by the script
in the message folder of the new board. The html-page shows something of 38% at
that time. A few minutes later I receive the error.

I don't know if our board is to big for the converterm, but I think there should be much bigger boards
around.

We have ~1 Million posts in our Boards. (www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl)

Thanks for your help !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top