Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4] (Read 141,160 times)
QCTuners.com
YaBB Newcomer

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4]
Reply #164 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 8:48pm
Post Tools
i don't understand that.

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #163 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 3:41pm
Post Tools
yes i know, forget using that, you need to tell the converter where the current database is, not the backup

IP Logged

QCTuners.com
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #162 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 3:36pm
Post Tools
my backup file is an sql file.

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #161 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 1:10pm
Post Tools
you dont use the sql backup file you use the current database

perhaps a simplified set of instructions AND the converter from phpBB could be sent to cpanel to be included in the next update of cpanel? It would surely be a great help to their customers?

IP Logged

QCTuners.com
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #160 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
I created a post (http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1154192026/0)

"Hello, I am very new to YaBB. It was just added to my server's cpanel.

I'm currently using phpbb for my online forum but want to switch to yabb. Is there a way to take my phpbb's backup and put it to yabb's?  I have the backup in an sql file but i'm still new to everything and do not know if there is a way to no lose all of my members and posts. "

my cpanel has YaBB 2.1 on it and I'm trying to convert my phpbb sql file so I can use it with the YaBB. i was told that this convertor would do it. So i DLed it but can't find any instructions on how to use it. i DLed the  Beta 4 version of it. it came with like 6 folders but I do not understand the readme file. I'm new to this so I don't understand what it means.

Do I upload the folders to my server, then put my backup file into one of the folders? If so where do I upload the folders to, and which one do I put the backup sql file into. Also after I do that what do I do, like how do I run it to make it convert. Sorry if I sound like such a newb it's because I am. lol Thanks in Advance.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #159 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 4:54am
Post Tools
Did you read the readme.txt file? Did you set up YaBB 2 on your own first? What are you having problems with?

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

QCTuners.com
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #158 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 2:44am
Post Tools
Can someone explain to me how to use this convertor. I'm new to it and I'm cluless.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #157 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 2:31am
Post Tools
It's been a while since a feature release. Here's Beta 4, with UBB.classic support. It should also fix some bugs in phpBB2.

Please test it out if you can. Let me know how it goes!

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_4.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 3.1]
Reply #156 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 8:43pm
Post Tools
@Everyone trying to convert with phpBB2: Please check out this Beta 3.1. It should fix all the known bugs.

Thanks for your patience.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_3_1.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Mats
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 3]
Reply #155 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 2:21pm
Post Tools
i got the first page to run but after choosing phpBB anc clicking the button i get an 500 error.

The error outputs:

Code
Select All
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "indriver::SUBROUTINES" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 585.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "indriver::basedir" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 128.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "indriver::guessedconvertdir" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 126.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "indriver::CONVERT" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 140.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "indriver::FORM" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 312.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "outdriver::SUBROUTINES" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 586.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "outdriver::guessedconverteddir" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 133.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "outdriver::basedir" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 135.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "outdriver::CONVERT" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 141.
[Sun Jul  9 07:10:43 2006] converter.pl: Name "outdriver::FORM" used only once: possible typo at /home/content/T/w/o/********/html/cgi/forums/Converter/converter.pl line 313.
Errors:

The server are using Sbox and needs the full path from the serverroot to work

::ALPHA TESTER::Also doing YaBB installations for free::If you still want to send me something i wont be angry::
QuickInstallation guide Y1.x;Installations guide svensk Y1.x;Editor

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #154 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 2:19am
Post Tools
Quote:
I am trying to run this at a Godaddy server and they need exact paths in every file (se my post about godaddy in the support section).
It cant use hires and cant find Math :: Fleximal.pm

Instead of me going through all the files and search/change all paths, can you give me instructions of where to change it??

I am trřing to convert a phpBB board

Math::Fleximal is fixed in Beta 3, so make sure you have that.

To remove Time::HiRes, in converter.pl, search for
Code
Select All
# Benchmarking
use Time::HiRes qw(time); 

replace with
Code
Select All
# Benchmarking
#use Time::HiRes qw(time); 

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2006 at 2:19am by AK108 »  

IP Logged

Mats
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #153 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 7:32am
Post Tools
I am trying to run this at a Godaddy server and they need exact paths in every file (se my post about godaddy in the support section).
It cant use hires and cant find Math :: Fleximal.pm

Instead of me going through all the files and search/change all paths, can you give me instructions of where to change it??

I am trřing to convert a phpBB board

::ALPHA TESTER::Also doing YaBB installations for free::If you still want to send me something i wont be angry::
QuickInstallation guide Y1.x;Installations guide svensk Y1.x;Editor

2md
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #152 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:10am
Post Tools
Quote:
databases use their own language. Nothing to do with php or perl.
So long as you know the BBS you're converting from, the rest is easy, since that defines the scripting language and the version of the database.

I mean i know it's in SQL, but which program should i use?  MySQL?

IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #151 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 9:31pm
Post Tools
databases use their own language. Nothing to do with php or perl.
So long as you know the BBS you're converting from, the rest is easy, since that defines the scripting language and the version of the database.

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

2md
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #150 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 4:08am
Post Tools
Quote:
mysql is still free - they do an 'enterprise' version toI think.

As Yabb isn't mysql , you just need to pick the version that will work wioth the database of the source forum

Perl is the language that runs yabb, so just have that installed.
the converter does the hard work, so you just need to have the source database and  mysql availble.

I have the Source Database, but i don't know exactly what program language it uses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top