Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4] (Read 142,198 times)
ishy
YaBB Newcomer

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4]
Reply #194 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 12:22am
Post Tools
I'm really struggling to understand how to do the conversion.  My phpbb and the YaBB are on different hosts as my current host is going out of business.  I can still get into the old CPanel, as well as ftp, but I am not sure how to pull the database from the old site into the convertor.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #193 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 10:12pm
Post Tools
It's probably a converter bug. But first, check the contents of your Members/ directory.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #192 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 1:40pm
Post Tools
does anybody have any suggestions? or do have to let everybody to regsiter again, and will i get redundant member files then?

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #191 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 11:28am
Post Tools
I have completed all the steps now. The forum index shows the right number of topics now, but not the right amount of posts (the two numbers are equal). Furthermore not all the members were inported correctly, only 6 of 24, but the index page does show the right amount of members.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #190 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 2:13am
Post Tools
Reupload your admin.vars file from the YaBB2 package. If you don't have that, download YaBB 2.1 and get it.

From there, you should be able to rebuild. Hopefully that will fix the errors. If not, please give me as much information as possible about it.

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #189 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 10:08pm
Post Tools
I have tried it all again, I have done the chmodding correctly, i have moved the files to their corresponding folders.

The forum displays the right boards, but not the right number of topics and posts, when I click on the board I can see the topics and posts have been converted.

The problem is, after I copied the files I can't login anymore as administrator, so I can't do the recount tools. I have tried to send a new password, but it won't send it (wrong username/password error message)

http://fesite.nl/yabb/YaBB.pl this is what I got at the moment

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #188 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 9:01pm
Post Tools
It may not work at all. But, did you do the recount tools? Did you actually move the files? Did you chmod it correctly? How much of it worked?

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #187 - Sep 25th, 2006 at 2:46pm
Post Tools
Well, the conversion is complete now, at least, that's what the convertor said. But after I moved the folders and files to the main yabb folder only the boards seem to be working, there are no posts at all in all the different boards.. any solution for this? YaBB just shows that there are 0 posts and 0 threads. When I click a board it shows the threads correctly. I don't know if the members are transferred correctly too, since I don't have any passwords.

I have restored the original folders now, in case I did something wrong.. Please tell me what to do next Smiley

btw, it was an invision power board that I used. I first converted it to phpBB and checked if this worked. Then I converted it to YaBB using the converter. I got the converter to work after adding the rules to .htacces and chmodding
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2006 at 2:59pm by TheFes »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #186 - Sep 24th, 2006 at 10:05pm
Post Tools
Yes, I know that cPanel does a very nice job with setting up YaBB. But this converter isn't stable enough to actually include in the installation, and so you'll need to do the same things that setting up YaBB requires. Since YaBB's install process is more refined and documented, especially with chmods, the readme uses that as a reference (since if it works for YaBB, it should work with the converter).

Anyway, please keep me updated. I will eventually get back to developing this converter, and the feedback I receive here will help with future versions of the converter.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2006 at 10:06pm by AK108 »  

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #185 - Sep 24th, 2006 at 9:25pm
Post Tools
well, it was an option in my control panel, it was done in a split second and it worked Smiley but I'll try the .htacces file, thanx and i'll keep you posted on the results

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #184 - Sep 24th, 2006 at 6:23pm
Post Tools
The readme assumes that you've set up YaBB2 on your own before, so you know what chmod you need. This will change once I have more time to make it stable, but for now, it works.

If you have a cgi-bin directory, just put the converter there. You won't keep it around for long, so it won't matter.

You may need to make an .htaccess file as detailed in this post.

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #183 - Sep 24th, 2006 at 5:49pm
Post Tools
how should i chmod it, because the readme isn't clear about it.. I have allready noticed that the chmod settings of the folders of yabb differ from the settings in the quick install guide, but yabb works perfectly.

and where should i put the converter, because nothing of my yabb installation is in my cgi-bin folder, it is all in a yabb folder in public_html. So should i put the converter files in this yabb folder too?

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #182 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 2:32am
Post Tools
@richwilks: I cannot tell what the problem is without more information, sorry. Sad

@TheFes: Did you chmod it correctly?

IP Logged

TheFes
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #181 - Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:23pm
Post Tools
when i try to use the converter i get an internal server error. I have tried to put it in the main cgi-bin folder, and in the cgi-bin folder of my yabb directory. with both folders i got the same error message.

yabb was installed by automaticly in the control panel of my website. apperantly the yabb installation is all installed in the yabb folder. Nothing is in my cgi-bin folder. Yabb itself works fine, I just want to convert my old database to yabb

anybody knows what to do?
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:40pm by TheFes »  

IP Logged

richwilks
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #180 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 7:50am
Post Tools
AK108 wrote on Sep 20th, 2006 at 9:59pm:
Did you put in a cgi-bin directory (if your server has one)?

Yeah, take a look, it is in the following location.

http://www.afunnyoldgame.co.uk/cgi-bin/convert/converter.pl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top