Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4] (Read 139,006 times)
Nina
YaBB Newcomer

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 2]
Reply #44 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:28pm
Post Tools
once you get this fixed up and working properly would you be able to write up something so that newbs like my self could do this, I'm so tired of all the phpbb problems and limitations and I want to switch over, but I don't want to loose everything that we have.

I'm a little uncomfortable just uploading a file and running it with out any knowledge as to what to expect  it to ask me and things I should do, ya know?

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #43 - May 3rd, 2006 at 12:54pm
Post Tools
Alright. Let me look at it, and I'll get back to you, ok?

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #42 - May 3rd, 2006 at 12:28pm
Post Tools
tested on a second phpBB2 board which has only 1 thread with 3 posts in it (using a separate mysql database) and the exact same error happens in the same place so I don't think that size is an issue here

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #41 - May 3rd, 2006 at 10:35am
Post Tools
it is linux, it is chmod'ed correctly (i think all directories are 777 and scripts are 755)
the lines near line 80 are commented out, tried changing the shebang but didnt help.

i'll test if its too big later, i've got a second phpbb set up somewhere else without any posts in it

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #40 - May 2nd, 2006 at 12:55am
Post Tools
Don't bother debugging with IE -- it gives out "friendly" error pages that mask the real meaning.

Can you verify that the following lines (around line 80) are commented out? (beginning with #)
Code
Select All
$SIG{__WARN__} = sub {&error(@_);};
$SIG{__DIE__} = sub {&fatal_error(@_);}; 

I'll take a look at the code a little more, and hopefully I can come up with something.

Edited:
One more thing: Try changing the shebang line (first line of converter.pl) from #!/usr/bin/perl to #!/usr/bin/perl --

Some simple things to check until then: Is this a Linux server? Did you chmod everything correctly?

It might also be that it's simply too big for it to run. But I doubt that, given the lack of time in between steps.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2006 at 1:26am by AK108 »  

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #39 - May 2nd, 2006 at 12:27am
Post Tools
nope that didnt seem to change anything, sorry.
I still get error 500 at that point, tried with both IE & Firefox but still no luck

incidentally it gives: Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
on firefox and Quote:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
on IE

server error log simply shows
Code
Select All
 [Tue May  2 00:57:23 2006] [error] [client 82.3.32.71] Premature end of script headers: /home/fhlinux190/y/yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/converter/converter.pl

it doesnt hang at all, it just goes straight there immediately!
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2006 at 12:30am by dan cardwell »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #38 - May 1st, 2006 at 11:49pm
Post Tools
Try changing the second line of converter.pl from
Code
Select All
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); # Debug line, comment out when done 

to
Code
Select All
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser warningsToBrowser); # Debug line, comment out when done 

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #37 - May 1st, 2006 at 1:55pm
Post Tools
thanks that seems to have sorted that out (I had to define the paths manually)

stage 1 completed sucessfully, then stage 2 did and then i got an error 500 message at the following URL http://yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/cgi-bin/converter/converter.pl?action=... the categories and boards HAVE copied over, it just error 500'ed at the start of messages (and none have been converted)

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #36 - May 1st, 2006 at 12:54pm
Post Tools
You can't remove Math::Fleximal or else it won't convert IP addresses or passwords. Here's a slightly updated zip, which includes Math::Fleximal and should work for you.

converter.pl now tries to guess the paths, so it just might work. If not, you need to edit the paths in the converter.pl file, including $basedir.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_2_1.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #35 - May 1st, 2006 at 12:33pm
Post Tools
done that and it works until the next stage...

after selecting phpbb2 and yabb2  it throws this error

Code
Select All
Error! Can't locate Math/Fleximal.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at /home/fhlinux190/y/yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/converter/Input/phpBB2.pl line 7.  

so i tried removing
Code
Select All
use Math::Fleximal; 

from phpbb2.pl and that let me get to where i set the parameters for the database but upon hitting start conversion i get this message

Code
Select All
Error! The form item dbserver had an unacceptable value: Non-word character found. at /home/fhlinux190/y/yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/converter/Input/phpBB2.pl line 65.  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #34 - May 1st, 2006 at 2:12am
Post Tools
Replace this line in converter.pl
Code
Select All
	if($ENV{'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'} && $ENV{'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'} =~ /\bgzip\b/) {$gzaccept = 1;} 

with this
Code
Select All
#	if($ENV{'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'} && $ENV{'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'} =~ /\bgzip\b/) {$gzaccept = 1;} 

Seems like you don't have Compress::Zlib installed -- I'll remove it in the next version, as it's not needed.

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #33 - Apr 30th, 2006 at 7:33pm
Post Tools
I can confirm that all I am getting is a blank page when i go to http://yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/cgi-bin/converter/converter.pl

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #32 - Apr 30th, 2006 at 1:55pm
Post Tools
Hi I'm trying to set up the converter and keep getting this message:

Quote:
Error! Can't open /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/converter/Input

the convert.pl file is located here http://yabbadabbadoo.funchat-forums.co.uk/cgi-bin/converter/converter.pl

I've tried tweaking various things but no luck, am I missing something daftly obvious?

could even be stuff to do with CHMOD and getting the right URL or server path

EDIT now i seem to be getting a blank page
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2006 at 4:19pm by dan cardwell »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #31 - Apr 26th, 2006 at 8:50pm
Post Tools
Here's Beta 2. It features a phpBB2 driver, as well as some improvements in the YaBB2 and Eblah drivers.

Please test this if you can. It's an early version of the driver, but it should work pretty well. I haven't been able to test it under a large load -- if you can do this and report bugs, I'd appericiate it!

Next up: Beta 3 and some sort of UBB converter.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_2.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 1]
Reply #30 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 11:21pm
Post Tools
I changed how the InitRoutine works with returning the number of maxsteps. Now you just need to return the value instead of storing it in $maxsteps. Remember, return exits the subroutine.

I'm close to uploading a new version of the Converter, also.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2006 at 11:22pm by AK108 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top