Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 4] (Read 143,871 times)
cougar694u
YaBB Newcomer

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 2]
Reply #75 - May 17th, 2006 at 7:21pm
Post Tools
Yes.  Long story short, the original guy who leased the wowbb from wow got locked up.  He's sending me login info so I can transfer it to my server, but, like several of the mods, I hate wowbb.

I've already got yabb running on my server and want to import the threads, users, etc, over before his subscription runs out in a few months and it's shut off.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 2]
Reply #76 - May 18th, 2006 at 9:04am
Post Tools
Ok. Wowbb is one of these remote hosted ones , with a license option to run your own. PHP/mySQL too.
What sort of size is it and do the users make use of all the features?

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 2.2]
Reply #77 - May 19th, 2006 at 12:18am
Post Tools
Here's 2.2. It successfully converted Dan's phpBB2 board, which was the largest test of the converter so far. This should be the best build to test.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_2_2.zip (Attachment deleted)

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

popsk
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #78 - May 24th, 2006 at 9:58pm
Post Tools
Im new to yabb, Im looking to use the convertor beta 2 to convert from phpbb. How do I run the convertor?

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #79 - May 24th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Post Tools
Well, I need to release a new version with a crucial phpBB fix in it, but you need to download the latest zip file and read the readme file. It might not work -- it's still beta code.

IP Logged

popsk
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #80 - May 24th, 2006 at 10:03pm
Post Tools
HI, thanks for replying so fast. I have about 80 members and about 300 topics, and 2 boards. I use cpanel, and have just realised that they have changed to yabb, which looks fantastic compared to phpbb. Well Done.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 2.3]
Reply #81 - May 24th, 2006 at 10:49pm
Post Tools
Well, if you're feeling adventurous, try this Beta 2.3. Check out the readme.txt file and let me know if you have any problems.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_2_3.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #82 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 4:56pm
Post Tools
I must apologize. I have encountered some very weird bugs with the converter (in the phpBB2 side of things, the Eblah one should be fine). These bugs include duplicated topics and the same member with every post in a topic.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'll continue hacking away at it, though.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #83 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 11:29pm
Post Tools
I made some progress on the issues. I'm going to run it against Dan's server and hope that it'll work well enough to release a Beta 3.

IP Logged

dan cardwell

Reply #84 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 8:22am
Post Tools
I keep meaning to test run the converter, things are chaotic at work and time is tight, I will try to find time to test beta 3 when it comes out

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #85 - Jun 2nd, 2006 at 2:59pm
Post Tools
Heh. It would've resulted in some interesting YaBB data. I only have one more thing to deal with (Ezcode conversion, which is specific to your board), and then I'll give you a zip.

IP Logged

BugGamer
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #86 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 11:50pm
Post Tools
I get this error:
Quote:
Software error:

Can't locate Math/Fleximal.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.1 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 . /Modules /Modules/Math) at /home/www/buggames.zt2world.net/cgi-bin/Input/phpBB2.pl line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/www/buggames.zt2world.net/cgi-bin/Input/phpBB2.pl line 15.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (support@100webspace.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
Software error:

[Mon Jun  5 02:46:49 2006] converter.pl: Can't locate Math/Fleximal.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.1 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 . /Modules /Modules/Math) at /home/www/buggames.zt2world.net/cgi-bin/Input/phpBB2.pl line 15.
[Mon Jun  5 02:46:49 2006] converter.pl: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/www/buggames.zt2world.net/cgi-bin/Input/phpBB2.pl line 15.
Compilation failed in require at /home/www/buggames.zt2world.net/cgi-bin/converter.pl line 120.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (support@100webspace.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

This happens on both of my webhosts.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2006 at 11:52pm by BugGamer »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #87 - Jun 5th, 2006 at 2:39am
Post Tools
That, among other things, should be fixed in Beta 3. I plan to release that tomorrow. (There is a workaround for now, but the phpBB2 converter in Beta 2.x has a bug that makes converting pointless since the data will be bad.)
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2006 at 2:40am by AK108 »  

IP Logged

BugGamer
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #88 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 11:50pm
Post Tools
Any updates on the progress?

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: YaBB Universal Converter [Beta 3]
Reply #89 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 2:10am
Post Tools
Yep. Try this updated Beta 3. Make sure to read the readme.txt file.

YaBB_Universal_Converter_Beta_3.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top