Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Can I make the convertor run again (Read 1,812 times)
Bodman
YaBB Newcomer

Can I make the convertor run again
Apr 4th, 2006 at 1:17pm
Post Tools
Hi, I was trying to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.1 but the convertor doesnt seem to have run correctly, So I have removed the YABB 2.1 install and reinstalled it, but when I run the setup.pl it starts up like a fresh installation. Is there anyway I can get the convertor to run again

Thanks

Mark

IP Logged

Monsen
YaBB Legends (Active)

YaBB 2.3
Re: Can I make the convertor run again
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2006 at 1:32pm
Post Tools
Was the installation process completed successfully when you reinstalled the board? A successfully completed installation should ha left an empty file called Setup.lock in the Variables directory as a sign that the setup is done. When Setup.pl detects the existence of this file, it will run the Converter instead of Setup. If you don't have this file in your Variables directory, and you are sure the installation completed successfully, just create an empty file with that name, just remember that the file name is case sensitive.. Also look out for a file named Converter.lock. If this file is present, the convertet won't start, to avoid any risk to your data. Removing this file if present will allow it to be run again (Which will remove any data on the board and replace with the data it converts)
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2006 at 1:33pm by Monsen »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top