Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Esperanto (Read 4,243 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Esperanto
Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 2:02am
Post Tools
If someone would like to under take this project..
At present there is No existing Esperanto lanquage pack.  We need someone to translate an existing pack that is available to the Esperanto lanquage.

-Download the YaBB 2.1, if able to translate English,( if another is needed, download that language pack also).
- The English lanquage files (or one understood and able to read) are in the 3 folders (for example cgi-bin/yabb2/Help/English, cgi-bin/yabb2/Languages/English, public_html/yabbfiles/Buttons/English)  
- Rename all "English" folders to the proper name for your language (i.e. Norwegian = Norsk, Spanish = Espanol)  
-Translate all *.help, *.lng, *.txt files (do not change file names or anything with a $ in front of e.g. $num_message ).
- Translate all graphics (buttons) into new buttons, if you can, if you are unable to create and design buttons, just supply the Translated wording for each button (Provide a list e.g. English = Esperanto)
- Save the translated files (keeping directory structure of translated files) package with the language and version it is intended for (i.e. "Spanish_YaBB_2.1")  
- Reply to this Topic with a notice that you have created a new pack and attach a Zip pack containing the files.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2007 at 2:27am by »  

IP Logged

brett...
Past Team Members

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2006 at 2:08am
Post Tools
Here's some information on working with the YaBB language packs: Procedure for Updating / Adding Language Packs

&&

IP Logged

FruityCat
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2006 at 11:17pm
Post Tools
Smiley anyone ?

Or, is there a "How To" page explaining the basics of how to make a language pack for YaBB, which i could check out, please ?

IP Logged

FruityCat
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 7:18pm
Post Tools
Smiley cool, ok

Quote:
From there, you can get help in learning how to translate our .lng files.

Uhmmmm, i don't know the first thing about doing this - is it likely to be especially complicated or difficult to do ?
Smiley I'm up for the challenge, but I'm not sure how long it might take me to do this as likesay i don't even know what might be involved in making a language pack.

But sure, esperanto is easy-peasy where fiddly characters are concerned.

It has only a few characters which don't exist in english, and they're all pretty standard ones -

There are s^ , g^, h^, j^ , c^ and u^ (where the little hats after each character are meant to be above them rather than beside them) , so i would imagine that hopefully this shouldn't be TOO hard, even for a newbie like me to attempt ?

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2006 at 10:30pm
Post Tools
Why don't you just use this topic Wink  Feel free to translate YaBB and post an Esperanto pack here at any time.

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Esperanto language pack ?
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2006 at 12:28am
Post Tools
There's nothing stopping an esperanto pack from being done -- we have Russian and Chinese packs, and they have more exotic characters. Wink If you feel like doing the translation yourself, post here and someone will make you a topic. From there, you can get help in learning how to translate our .lng files.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

FruityCat
YaBB Newcomer

Esperanto
May 5th, 2006 at 4:33pm
Post Tools
Smiley I like to chat in esperanto, as do a number of my friends.

One of these friends once asked me if it were possible to install an esperanto language pack for YaBB, and I replied that it wasn't.

But, now that i post at this forum, i reckoned that there is no harm in me expressing a desire to use YaBB in esperanto (ie, able to input esperanto characters, there are only 5 or 6 new letters which are exclusive to esperanto) , in case anybody reads this post who might be interested in coding something like that.
Smiley ?
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2006 at 10:30pm by Corey Chapman »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top