Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic HTTrack Solution For EZBoard, ProBoard, Yahoo? (Read 1,467 times)
AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: HTTrack Solution For EZBoard, ProBoard, Yahoo?
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2006 at 1:14am
Post Tools
I'll see if I can get it running on my computer. I think this would be a good idea, considering that once the download is complete, the converter should be able to handle it from there.

I'd love it if someone could type me up a basic specification for those forum types. I'd also need to implement an &HTML_to_YaBBC() routine for this, but it's doable.

@s_m_b: We'd need to have the admin user logged in. Otherwise, we can't convert passwords and other information that is admin-only.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: HTTrack Solution For EZBoard, ProBoard, Yahoo?
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2006 at 9:34am
Post Tools
certainly worth a look.
I was considering the use of the parsing libraries for http (can't recall their names right now) to essentially spider the contents, but being able to draw down the whole thing and then just open and parse the content would be a lot easier.

Initial concern with this is the size of the download with a big forum, and how it would handle the admin content - user lists, permissions etc.

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

HTTrack Solution For EZBoard, ProBoard, Yahoo?
May 19th, 2006 at 6:08am
Post Tools
I was wondering if anyone here has used or given any thought to using HTTrack to convert or export forum from the likes of EZBoard, ProBoards, Yahoo!. etc?

HTTrack is an open source website copier and offline browser.

Quote:
HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.

It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. HTTrack arranges the original site's relative link-structure. Simply open a page of the "mirrored" website in your browser, and you can browse the site from link to link, as if you were viewing it online. HTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads. HTTrack is fully configurable, and has an integrated help system.

Maybe with some experimentation HTTrack could be a partial solution for those that would like to leave EZBoard, ProBoards, Yahoo!. etc and make the switch to YaBB 2.x... without leaving their legacy posts and users behind.

Just thought the possibility of using HTTrack would be worthy of some discussion. Huh Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top