Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Everything Converted? (Read 2,717 times)
AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Everything Converted?
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2006 at 12:20am
Post Tools
You can reupload the Members/admin.vars file from the YaBB2 package. Alternately, you could rename your oldusername.vars file to admin.vars. You wouldn't directly own the old posts anymore, but it could work.

The best way, IMO, is to upload an admin.vars file, and change the password on that to something really long. Then continue to use your phpBB admin account, since it can do everything that the "admin" account can.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Shax
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 11:53pm
Post Tools
ok I figured it out however, it lets me login using my old username from my old board rather than Admin. Is there anyway to change this?  Undecided

IP Logged

Shax
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 11:38pm
Post Tools
The  converter.pl is in the yabb2 folder. So I have to manually move the files/folders in the Converted folder into my yabb2 folder and then delete the convert/converted folders?  Sorry for being a pain lol But I am a noob at this.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2006 at 11:39pm by Shax »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 5:53pm
Post Tools
Did you move the converted files over? By default, they appear in the ./Converted/ directory (where . is the directory containing converter.pl). So you'll need to move that data to your YaBB2 folder.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Shax
YaBB Newcomer

Everything Converted?
Jul 14th, 2006 at 4:51pm
Post Tools
It said that everything went fine and everything was converted, however when I go to my forum.Yabb.pl there is nothing there, nothing changed. Just the usual forum you find when you first install.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top