Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic YaBB in PHP Nuke? (Read 4,686 times)
animalien
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB in PHP Nuke?
Jul 24th, 2006 at 11:22pm
Post Tools
I LOVE YaBB! It has done me very well. However, I am really working on PHP Nuke for my front interface to my website. Problem is if I want to keep the two, they have to work seperate.

Is there anyone that has integrated YaBB 2.1 into PHP Nuke? I know that means cgi talking with PHP, SQL working with text data.

My only other option would be to switch to their forum... (which I don't want to do...)

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Re: YaBB in PHP Nuke?
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2006 at 8:40am
Post Tools
Hi animalien,

This ability would be great.  Or maybe even a "YaBB-Nuke" on it's own. Wink

You might also want to request this over at BoardMod (YaBB's modding community) on the Mod Ideas, Requests & Feedback board.

IP Logged

Music
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2006 at 8:04pm
Post Tools
PHP-Nuke is very bad system i dont want !!!That !

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2006 at 3:52am
Post Tools
What in particular do you want it to be able to do? I'm not a PHP programmer, but I know there are a few around here, and I'd be willing to try to help them out with this.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Curtiss Grymala
Past Team Members

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 2:22pm
Post Tools
Quote:
What in particular do you want it to be able to do? I'm not a PHP programmer, but I know there are a few around here, and I'd be willing to try to help them out with this.

I'd be willing to try and offer some of my PHP experience to this project.

In fact, what I'd really like to do is work on some sort of YaBB plugin for a number of different PHP-based tools (portals, CMSs, galleries, etc.).

You should always perform a complete back-up before making any changes or modifications to your forums.

IP Logged

animalien
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 7:36am
Post Tools
Thanks for the response Curtiss. I think YaBB could stay in it's original state for the most part. The only thing that would need to be converted would be the user info - username, password, other pertainant info that could be used.

Basically, the info in the Members folder would most likely need to be integrated into the SQL database that PHPNuke uses.Of course, the biggest issue is the password encryption. I haven't looked at it, but I would guess that PHPnuke encrypts the passwords differently than YaBB, so that would have to match.

I just want the user to log in once and have proper access to all pages without a seperate login.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2006 at 10:33pm
Post Tools
Quote:
I'd be willing to try and offer some of my PHP experience to this project.

In fact, what I'd really like to do is work on some sort of YaBB plugin for a number of different PHP-based tools (portals, CMSs, galleries, etc.).

Let's chat sometime if you'd like to do this. PM me with your chat network of choice and username, and I'll add you.

I might even end up learning PHP from this. Tongue

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools