Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic PHPNuke to YaBB convert (Read 2,413 times)
dreampeople
YaBB Newcomer

PHPNuke to YaBB convert
Oct 27th, 2006 at 8:34pm
Post Tools
Hi All,

With the help of the UC I have managed to convert my nuketobb to phpbb and now into Yabb (the final destination!) but have a couple of problems.

1. I had quite a few users listed in the memberinfo and memberlist txt files with /// in their name, I have deleted the offending lines, but the Recount Membership , Rebuild Members list , Rebuild Members History all give a "Internal Server Error"

2. Quite a few messages that were converted are showing "Ex Member", new posts by the same users are OK

3. Im sure ive read about this somewhere but cant search the answer because its "html", messages that have been converted show <BR /> instead of a line break, is there any way to fix this or should I take the board offline, download all the messages and use an automatic search and replace to change <BR /> to <BR>

Any thoughts on this would be great!

Thanks

Steve

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: PHPNuke to YaBB convert
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 9:23pm
Post Tools
The first issue: you'll need to delete those users or something before converting. Chances are, the conversion is incomplete due to this.

Second issue: No idea. I may have fixed it in my own version, which I will release eventually.

The last issue is definitely a bug in my converter. Again, I'll fix that in my code. The problem is that <br /> is actually stored as &lt;br /&gt; instead of <br />.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

dreampeople
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 2:40pm
Post Tools
Hi AK108,

Thanks for getting back to me, I hate to keep asking and bugging which is why I have spent the morning trying to find out how I can solve any of my problems, my forum is live on yabb (as my webhost decided that we generate too much database time for their SQL sever and PhpBB).

If I remove the &lt;br /&gt; from the messages, or even just remove the &lt;   &gt; , it works great, but the message then says that an attachment has been deleted with a little icon of a paperclip, do you know what causes that?

The users file(s) look ok, I think the names with /// were generated from names with spaces, I will go through and check each member.  I was thinking of changing  the rebuildmemlist perl to show each current user as it rebuilds so I could locate the problem ones but ive not used perl for a couple of years and the yabb code seems soooo complex, do you know which sub (and which .pl) does the rebuild (and the rebuild history)?

I know its a lot to ask, but if you have a spare couple of mins your answer would be appreciated.

thanks

IP Logged

dreampeople
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 3:08pm
Post Tools
dreampeople wrote on Oct 28th, 2006 at 2:40pm:

If I remove the &lt;br /&gt; from the messages, or even just remove the &lt;   &gt; , it works great, but the message then says that an attachment has been deleted with a little icon of a paperclip, do you know what causes that? 

Ignore that bit! serve me right for using windows to edit the file!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools