Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Help with Conversion cleanup (Read 2,065 times)
Koosemose
YaBB Newcomer

Help with Conversion cleanup
Jan 15th, 2007 at 10:30am
Post Tools
Sorry for the not very descriptive title, couldn't think of a way to summarize my problem, that would fit in the allowed space.

Ok, so I just converted from phpbb, Everything went fine, except for one minor oddity, all posts by the former boards administrator (We're both Admins, but he was the official one and actually had the admin Rank title, I used a different rank title) have him marked as ex-member, even though he is showing as an member and an admin. Now I think this may have something to do with him being the official admin, my username wasn't converted to an admin for the YaBB boards, and I'm also not marked as an ex-member. I was trying to find what files mark who made what posts, and write a little script to basically add in whatever would be needed to mark the posts as connected to him instead of having just his name on it as an ex-member. I just can't figure out what files I need to edit to do that. I suppose I could just switch his rank on the old boards to non admin, and just regrant it on YaBB, but I'd really prefer not to have to do that.

edit: Ok, so un modding him and rebuilding didn't help, now he's just a non mod, and all his posts are marked exmember, perhaps it has something to do with his user id or whatever showing as all 0s... not really sure here.
edit2: Scratch that, just hadn't refreshed, that fixed it.

So is there anywhere that shows what files have what in them (would also be useful for future tweaks)? Or could someone tell me where I should look to fix this problem?
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2007 at 11:21am by Koosemose »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Help with Conversion cleanup
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 2:15am
Post Tools
This problem is caused when the member's regtime variable is older than one of their posts.

Did you rebuild EVERYTHING in the Admin Center as suggested? That usually fixes it.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Koosemose
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Help with Conversion cleanup
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 6:53am
Post Tools
yeah, I rebuilt everything. After repeated rebuilds I came to the conclusion that editing his profile (or perhaps it was editing the admin only parts) fixed it.

And yeah I guess it was due to his exceptionally old listed regdate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top