Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic convert yabb 2.1 to vbulletin (Read 2,811 times)
alexant

Re:  convert yabb 2.1 to vbulletin
Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 7:04pm
Post Tools
karan wrote on Apr 5th, 2007 at 8:10am:
what's the shame there is nothing like shame ya u n ur forum doestn't give several functions to use  & who is free to install the mods and also mods doesn't work they all are having bugs lott of time waste.
u know one thing that ur forums latest version is 2.1 which was realse in 2005 do u know  that today is wich year i remeber u today is 2007 i think u should shame of urself. cant upgrade the board from last  3 years. n saying to me for shame.

Take a look at my board... it's listed in the Showcase board with a list of all the mods (actually just added password protection for boards)... I have many of the features you get with vBulletin. These guys do a great job... and the guys working on the mods are awesome. I think your assessment is a little premature and unfair.

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1176079182
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2007 at 7:04pm by alexant »  
IP Logged

Xena

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 4:45pm
Post Tools
Excuse me, karan-but this is free software, worked on by people who have lives and interests. If you don't like Yabb and want to switch to software that costs buckoo bucks, more power to you-but lets give credit where credit is due. Between the volunteers here and at board mod...I think us users of this software get a pretty good deal from the folks who volunteer with this project. I've been running Yabb  for 2.5 years now...starting with 1.3. I've always been able to get tech support when I've needed it, and you sure can't beat the price.

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2007 at 4:46pm by Xena »  

IP Logged

karan
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 8:10am
Post Tools
what's the shame there is nothing like shame ya u n ur forum doestn't give several functions to use  & who is free to install the mods and also mods doesn't work they all are having bugs lott of time waste.
u know one thing that ur forums latest version is 2.1 which was realse in 2005 do u know  that today is wich year i remeber u today is 2007 i think u should shame of urself. cant upgrade the board from last  3 years. n saying to me for shame.

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 1:40pm
Post Tools
Hi karan,

Shame to see you switch from one forum to another only to switch back again.  If you are planning on coming back, why not work out the issues you're having now?  That would be much easier.

But so you know, it is up to the forum you are switching to... to do the conversion.  Not the forum you are switching from.

vBulletin does offer converting from YaBB 2.1 using ImPex 1.79 (vB's converter utility).  You'll need to speak to the good people at vBulletin about it though.

Hope that helps.

IP Logged

karan
YaBB Newcomer

convert yabb 2.1 to vbulletin
Apr 4th, 2007 at 8:14am
Post Tools
hi i m running yabb2.1 and i want to convert it into vbulletin latest till that the yabb launches the 2.2 version. i m having problems with yabb 2.1 bcz there are not many functions in the form.and i m unable to modify the mod bcz all the mods have several error so can any body tell me how to convert the yabb 2.1 to vbulletin without any loose of my data. plz reply me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top