Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic What Converters (from YaBB to another Board) ar... (Read 2,400 times)
macprime

What Converters (from YaBB to another Board) ar...
Apr 29th, 2007 at 7:46pm
Post Tools
hi folks!

cause i'm searching for a Converter from YaBB to ExpressionEngine-Disussion-Forum and obviously there is none i will try it another way: Convert YaBB to another Board and than import that one into the EE-Discussion-Forum ...

so, is there perhaps a List of all available Exporters from YaBB somewhere?

macprime.ch - For the Mac. For you.&&&&--- sorry for my bad english! i'm normaly swiss-german - speaking! ---
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: What Converters (from YaBB to another Board) a
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 12:49am
Post Tools
Try the other BB support boards....... we do not have such a converter.

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Re: What Converters (from YaBB to another Board) a
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 9:10am
Post Tools
Hi macprime.

macprime wrote on Apr 29th, 2007 at 7:46pm:
cause i'm searching for a Converter from YaBB to ExpressionEngine-Disussion-Forum and obviously there is none i will try it another way: Convert YaBB to another Board and than import that one into the EE-Discussion-Forum

I did some searching around the EE site, and assume this is EE module you're talking about?

macprime wrote on Apr 29th, 2007 at 7:46pm:
so, is there perhaps a List of all available Exporters from YaBB somewhere?

The short answer... no.  The explanation... forum publishers (not only YaBB, but also IPB|phpBB|SMF|vB|etc.) very rarely if ever make exporters to convert data over to competing products... it's not in their interest.  Few publishers are willing to put the man hours into developing a tool to help users leave to another product... it's kind of like asking Saab to help you buy a Volvo.  Forum converters typically import rather than export.

You're on the right track now though... looking to import into something that can be imported into EE.  Unfortunately after searching the EE site & support forum... seems EE doesn't have a forum converter/importer for their discussion forum module yet.  Until they do, looks like you'd have to write one yourself or pay to have it done.

That's kind of one of the things I don't care for about add-on forum modules for CMS'... they tend to lag behind in development in comparison to the rest of the CMS system. 

Also they rarely have the features and capabilities of standalone forums.  That's why I'm a big fan of CMS/forum bridge integration modules... integrating well-developed & supported forums into well-developed & supported CMS' via a bridge that allows the two to function and talk to one another.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top