Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic After sending BC Msg or PM (Read 3,290 times)
MF-B
Development Team

YaBB 2.5
Re: After sending BC Msg or PM
Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 12:06pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:15am:
2)  Then if I really wanted BC Inbox, I have to click again to get there because there is no direct link to the BC Inbox except once you are already on the regular Inbox.  There should be a link always listed (for those who have access to the BC Messages) underneath the regular inbox link on the left side.

Update...
New MyCenter.pl and Load.pl in CVS...

Stand!
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:15am
Post Tools
Still need improvement on:

1) After  you send a PM or a BC Msg reply, you are sent to the outbox - I assume so you can see that it did indeed send.  The problem is that I now have to click to go back to the Inbox.  I shouldn't have to click at all.  There needs to be a better way to inform me that my message has been sent, such as a message on a separate page, then an auto-redirect back to whichever inbox I came from or a simple javascript popup.

2)  Then if I really wanted BC Inbox, I have to click again to get there because there is no direct link to the BC Inbox except once you are already on the regular Inbox.  There should be a link always listed (for those who have access to the BC Messages) underneath the regular inbox link on the left side.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 8:12pm
Post Tools
Looks like the BC button issued resolved .... but still goes to outbox after Send ... fix or Minor ?

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 2:47pm
Post Tools
There definitely should not be hardcoded text.

Also, I think there should indeed be a separate Broadcast Inbox link under the regular inbox link on the left at all times (of course only seen by those who have access to BC).
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2007 at 2:51pm by Corey Chapman »  

IP Logged

MF-B
Development Team

YaBB 2.5
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 1:48pm
Post Tools
old goat wrote on Jul 4th, 2007 at 1:15pm:
I was sure I'd coded it like that. Maybe MF-B changed it.
Either a message on the page or a JS popup would do the trick.

Is be a started, hardcoded text in files, not ending... I end some futures, and kill all other not ending futures... Also the guestposting future, the same - hardcoded text in Post.pl, without any call function to show...
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2007 at 1:49pm by MF-B »  

Stand!
IP Logged

old goat
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 1:15pm
Post Tools
Quote:
After  you send a PM or a BC Msg reply, you are sent to the outbox - I assume so you can see that it did indeed send.  The problem is that I now have to click to go back to the Inbox.

I was sure I'd coded it like that. Maybe MF-B changed it.
Either a message on the page or a JS popup would do the trick.

Quote:
Then if I really wanted BC Inbox, I have to click again to get there because there is no direct link to the BC Inbox except once you are already on the regular Inbox.

Perhaps a separate link to the BC inbox would be a better idea, below the inbox one?

Please don't PM me for support - I'll only go and ignore it!
AIM  
IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
After sending BC Msg or PM
Jun 29th, 2007 at 1:51pm
Post Tools
This is not really a bug, but a design flaw IMHO.  After  you send a PM or a BC Msg reply, you are sent to the outbox - I assume so you can see that it did indeed send.  The problem is that I now have to click to go back to the Inbox.  Then if I really wanted BC Inbox, I have to click again to get there because there is no direct link to the BC Inbox except once you are already on the regular Inbox.  That's issue #1.  The second issue is the fact that I have to click at all.  There needs to be a better way to inform me that my message has been sent, such as a message on a separate page, then an auto-redirect back to whichever inbox I came from or a simple javascript popup.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top