Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Merging of Data from YaBB 1 to YaBB2.1 (Read 2,167 times)
ManishK
YaBB Newcomer

Merging of Data from YaBB 1 to YaBB2.1
Jul 11th, 2007 at 6:35am
Post Tools
Hi All,
I am stuck in a problem where I am not able getting any solution.
While upgrading the forum from YaBB1 to YaBB2.1, I forgot to bring offline  YaBB1 forum. Now the posting has been done on both forum.

Is it possible to Merge the data of both forum and bring the YaBB2.1 forum live without loosing any data.

Please advise me.  I need the solution on the urgent basis. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Re: Merging of Data from YaBB 1 to YaBB2.1
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 6:15pm
Post Tools
ManishK wrote on Jul 11th, 2007 at 6:35am:
Hi All,
I am stuck in a problem where I am not able getting any solution.
While upgrading the forum from YaBB1 to YaBB2.1, I forgot to bring offline  YaBB1 forum. Now the posting has been done on both forum.

Is it possible to Merge the data of both forum and bring the YaBB2.1 forum live without loosing any data.

Please advise me.  I need the solution on the urgent basis. Embarrassed

None... must be coverted first.  If you haven't brought 2.1 online, yet, just delete members/messages/boards (as done before) and convert ...  oops... just saw where you had BOTH online ....  your decision which posts/members to lose.
  actually you "might" be able to convert the files from old to new ... Not sure about this..
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2007 at 6:20pm by »  

IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Merging of Data from YaBB 1 to YaBB2.1
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 8:05pm
Post Tools
You can merge data. Just backup the new forum before doing this.

First, convert the old forum again in another location. Then copy all the files from the (now-converted) old forum's Messages and Members directories to the new forum's directories. If there are any clashes, you must decide which version to keep (I'd go with the newer version, so don't overwrite anything).

Then run the Rebuild Message Indexes and Rebuild Memberlist tools in the Admin Center.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools