Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic IkonBoard to YaBB convertor (Read 2,917 times)
LukeW
YaBB Newcomer

IkonBoard to YaBB convertor
Aug 17th, 2007 at 11:30am
Post Tools
I posted the following in another forum, and was pointed over here for assistance.....

"Hello, am new here and was hoping you can help.....we currently have two bulletin board solutions - Ikonboard 3.1.2 and YaBB.  We wish to migrate sites that use Ikonboard onto YaBB, but we have an obligation to maintain the user accounts for the sites and the topics that are in place.

Does anybody know of any tools that will allow us to maintain the user details and accounts frm IkonBoard into YaBB?"

A reply was given, suggesting that the YUCb4 tool could convert from phpBB to YaBB, whcih from reading other threads is a start....but how to get IB to phpBB....any ideas?????  Or is there a IB to YaBB conveter?????

Thank in advance

IP Logged

MarceC
YaBB Newcomer

Re: IkonBoard to YaBB convertor
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 8:53am
Post Tools
I don't know how big your Ikonboard is in terms of posts, but I have started moving threads from my Ikonboard 2.1.9 just using Excel to convert.

The converter output comes out far too messy to be of any advantage.

The threads from both Ikonboard and YaBB are | delineated (pipe delineated). I just import them (import data) into Microsoft Excel. 

Ikonboard 2.1.9 has a .pl file and a .thd file, while YaBB has a ctb and a txt file. The txt and the thd files have roughly similar functions although there are more fields in the newer YaBB board. 

I manipulate the fields using Excel, in order to get similar fields to match,  but I'm not yet sure about how to save the data. I save them back as tab delineated files. (If you have a lot of tabs in your posts, first global search and replace tabs with $ or other signs, import into Excel (import external data, save as tab delineated data and finally global search and replace tabs with pipes)

I start a thread using the YaBB native software then graft a modified file on there.

When you do a rebuild message index and recount membership, it all comes good.

Code
Select All
Global search and replace <p> with <br /> You can do the same with other html tags that you find a lot.  

« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2007 at 8:55am by MarceC »  
IP Logged

AK108
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: IkonBoard to YaBB convertor
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:36pm
Post Tools
If you could share the data format, that would be very useful. Understanding the other data format is the most difficult part of writing a converter.

Do not PM me for support.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools