YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Unicode message files in YaBB (Read 1,674 times)
 Aug 27th, 2007 at 1:51pm
There are no actions to perform.  

andyjosh 
YaBB Newbie

None
Unicode message files in YaBB
Can someone help me understand how the messages are saved for unicode text encoding? This is what I am doing:
1. I have a javascript which intercepts the entered letter from English keyboard and translates to unicode and echoses on the screen.
2. The script works well with YABB and I have not problem with storing or displaying the character.

However, I am trying to read the post files and do some processing, but there seems to be some characters such as ߮  instead of normal html unicode Ӓ

How do I convert these Ӓ format characters to unicode?

THanks.

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2007 at 9:42pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
Re: Unicode message files in YaBB
andyjosh... not sure if this is what you need, but here is previous thread for utf-8 Support
http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1181806630/0

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 12:08am

andyjosh 
YaBB Newbie

None
Re: Unicode message files in YaBB
Thanks John- thats not exactly what I am looking for. My unicode characters work fine in YaBB. I am looking to open to message files saved by YaBB, and extract unicode message out of it. It looks as though the saved characters are not unicode but some coding that YaBB uses.

However, I suspect the routines in Subs.pl might be all that I need.  I think if I can modify these two. Do you know how these work?

sub convToChars {
     $fcharno = $_[0];
     if ($fcharno > 255) {
           $tcharno = qq~\&\#$fcharno\;~;
     }
     return $tcharno;
}

sub ToChars {
     $_[0] =~ s/\[ch(\d{3,}?)\]/&convToChars($1)/eisg;
}
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2007 at 12:34am by andyjosh »  

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.