Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic News Feeds (Read 5,855 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: News Feeds
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 2:29pm
Post Tools
DeejayDebi wrote on Oct 25th, 2008 at 3:09pm:
How do you add a spell check to the Yabb forum? That's always my biggest complaint - no spell cheker ...

You don't state what version of YaBB you are using .....

For Y2.2.2 or Y2.2.3 Use Jet Li's MOD http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy22;action=display;num=1212737074

In Y2.3 it is built in.

IP Logged

DeejayDebi
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 3:09pm
Post Tools
How do you add a spell check to the Yabb forum? That's always my biggest complaint - no spell cheker ...

Outumuro wrote on Oct 27th, 2007 at 8:57am:
Hi John,

jfk wrote on Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm:
Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Building a toolbar is relatively easy, although time consuming.  A basic toolbar is very easy, a more complex toolbar can be a bit harder.

Many toolbars are coded by hand.  I use a toolbar publishing platform called Conduit.  Conduit uses a web based wizard to create a new toolbar, and a web based editor to fine tune & maintain it... point, click, copy, paste, save, etc. (its very easy to use).  Best of all... it's free.

The RSS news feeds are a toolbar component.  Add it, add the feed names & URLs and click Save.  That's it.  For your forum users you can also add a spell check that will work on your YaBB forum.

I'm a regular on the Conduit Community Forum too.

IP Logged

Outumuro
YaBB Moderator
Operations Team

Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 8:57am
Post Tools
Hi John,

jfk wrote on Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm:
Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Building a toolbar is relatively easy, although time consuming.  A basic toolbar is very easy, a more complex toolbar can be a bit harder.

Many toolbars are coded by hand.  I use a toolbar publishing platform called Conduit.  Conduit uses a web based wizard to create a new toolbar, and a web based editor to fine tune & maintain it... point, click, copy, paste, save, etc. (its very easy to use).  Best of all... it's free.

The RSS news feeds are a toolbar component.  Add it, add the feed names & URLs and click Save.  That's it.  For your forum users you can also add a spell check that will work on your YaBB forum.

I'm a regular on the Conduit Community Forum too.

IP Logged

jfk

News Feeds
Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm
Post Tools
Just down loaded the toolbar and my first thoughts are that it looks pretty good. I'll have a proper look round later.

My second thought is that I should offer a similar thing to members of my forum, particularly if they can see at a glance which boards have had a response! Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Cheers

John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top