YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

News Feeds (Read 5,536 times)
 Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm
There are no actions to perform.  

jfk 
Suffolk, England

None
News Feeds
Just down loaded the toolbar and my first thoughts are that it looks pretty good. I'll have a proper look round later.

My second thought is that I should offer a similar thing to members of my forum, particularly if they can see at a glance which boards have had a response! Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Cheers

John

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 8:57am

Outumuro 
YaBB Moderator
Operations Team
Los Angeles, California

None
Re: News Feeds
Hi John,

jfk wrote on Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm:
Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Building a toolbar is relatively easy, although time consuming.  A basic toolbar is very easy, a more complex toolbar can be a bit harder.

Many toolbars are coded by hand.  I use a toolbar publishing platform called Conduit.  Conduit uses a web based wizard to create a new toolbar, and a web based editor to fine tune & maintain it... point, click, copy, paste, save, etc. (its very easy to use).  Best of all... it's free.

The RSS news feeds are a toolbar component.  Add it, add the feed names & URLs and click Save.  That's it.  For your forum users you can also add a spell check that will work on your YaBB forum.

I'm a regular on the Conduit Community Forum too.

... ... ...
IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 3:09pm

DeejayDebi 
YaBB Newbie

None
How do you add a spell check to the Yabb forum? That's always my biggest complaint - no spell cheker ...

Outumuro wrote on Oct 27th, 2007 at 8:57am:
Hi John,

jfk wrote on Oct 26th, 2007 at 12:35pm:
Can I therefore ask if this is easy to do for a person with limit computer skills?

Building a toolbar is relatively easy, although time consuming.  A basic toolbar is very easy, a more complex toolbar can be a bit harder.

Many toolbars are coded by hand.  I use a toolbar publishing platform called Conduit.  Conduit uses a web based wizard to create a new toolbar, and a web based editor to fine tune & maintain it... point, click, copy, paste, save, etc. (its very easy to use).  Best of all... it's free.

The RSS news feeds are a toolbar component.  Add it, add the feed names & URLs and click Save.  That's it.  For your forum users you can also add a spell check that will work on your YaBB forum.

I'm a regular on the Conduit Community Forum too.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 2:29pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
DeejayDebi wrote on Oct 25th, 2008 at 3:09pm:
How do you add a spell check to the Yabb forum? That's always my biggest complaint - no spell cheker ...

You don't state what version of YaBB you are using .....

For Y2.2.2 or Y2.2.3 Use Jet Li's MOD http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy22;action=display;num=1212737074

In Y2.3 it is built in.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.