Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Missing File "iedefault.css"? (Read 7,061 times)
Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: Missing File "iedefault.css"?
Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 7:00pm
Post Tools
nah, then please check your css content. Maybe you use mixed css between 2.2 and 2.2 Beta.

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

EquineHelp

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:26am
Post Tools
Mine was a complete fresh install in new directories, ie - not where my old forum is. Then I downloaded the Boards, Members, Messages, Variables on to my pc and uploaded them to the new install clicking on "Overwrite all"

I got around this file missing by clicking on stylesheet and clicking on source and changing the colours that way

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:23am
Post Tools
Hi EquineHelp and Mick i4a-Team,

I just did a file search of the official release of Y2.2... and could not find iedefault.css.

I did a file search of \YaBB2Snapshot\public_html\yabbfiles\Templates\Forum and found there.  Just as Jet Li & Captain John said, it's a carry over from one of the CVS beta versions of Y2.2.  I believe I can guess what happened though.

Did your fresh install of Y2.2 (the official release) entail uploading it to the same folders over the top of the Y2.2 CVS release?  This would overwrite the necessary files... but without matching files, it would leave now unused files still in place.

Here is another way of upgrading:
Outumuro wrote on Nov 9th, 2007 at 11:18am:
Then probably the easiest way would be to create a new install folder for Y2.2, such as /cgi-bin/Y2.2/ and get a clean install of Y2.2 working there first.  Next copy over from the old install to the new install, the forum data... /Boards, /Members, /Messages, and /Varibles.

Now you can work with the new forum to make sure everything is working and data is all there.  And make any tweaks as needed.

Once everything is ready... rename the old install to something different, like... /cgi-bin/YaBB2/ to /cgi-bin/YaBB2old/.  Rename the new install to the name of the old install (so the URL to your upgraded forum will be the same as your Y2.1 forum)... like /cgi-bin/Y2.2/ to /cgi-bin/YaBB2/.

Hope that helps.

IP Logged

EquineHelp

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 10:33pm
Post Tools
Wierd cos I got same thing as well and using fresh install of 2.2

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 9:03pm
Post Tools
You should not actually use an old (Beta) version of YaBB 2.2 .. download the latest.. to get any fixes and modifications done at the last minute, before release.

IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 4:06pm
Post Tools
Hi
nah, is not a bug, this css is not needed. You have an old beta of 2.2  Grin So please your new css files.

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Mick (i4a-Team)

Missing File "iedefault.css"?
Nov 12th, 2007 at 4:04pm
Post Tools
Hi,

when I go to template-configuration with the IE
I got the attached Message. Don't find the File
in the Dowload.

Greetings