Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Need Test of YaBBForum.com Support (Read 5,823 times)
Outumuro
YaBB Moderator
Operations Team

Re: Need Test of YaBBForum.com Support
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 6:15am
Post Tools
Thanks guys!

Okay I'm having issues with the search editor (put in a ticket to Conduit), the editor isn't liking both YaBBForum.com -and- YaBBForum.com Support... so I deleted YaBBForum.com Support for now (till I hear back).

And changed all the search parameters on the YaBBForum.com, BoardMod, The Admin Zone, and YaBB Toolbar searches.  These should all search the same now... they need tested too.

Also asked Conduit to change their page layout... to put the sponsored results to the right of the web results (like most search results).  Conduit's search by the way is just a branded Google search (their partnered).

IP Logged

qersys
Past Team Members

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 2:05am
Post Tools
using IE7, I did a search for "500 error". It returned 4 pages of results from Yabbforum.com/community/yabb.pl . All were relevant results, although the whole process seemed slow.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 1:00am
Post Tools
Doesn't seem to be working at all ... clicking on YaBB Support (yes I know, not the one you stated) brings up Google Search, Clicking on YaBBForum.com brings up Conduit Search ... but neither restricts search to our websites.

IP Logged

Outumuro
YaBB Moderator
Operations Team

Need Test of YaBBForum.com Support
Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:25am
Post Tools
To the toolbar's search menu, I added a new search called YaBBForum.com Support.

The idea is the YaBBForum.com Support in the search menu will only search the 4 main support boards on YaBBForum.com... no others.  Ideally this will let anyone search specifically for tech support issues only.

Please give this some testing.  Some feedback would be helpful.  Just type in your search term or phrase and select YaBBForum.com Support in the menu.  YaBBForum.com Support will stay the default (Bold in the menu) until you choose another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top