Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic vB or WB to YaBB? (Read 6,677 times)
cepheid

Re: vB or WB to YaBB?
Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2008 at 7:34pm
Post Tools
Quote:
   I presume you have seen this post http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1137279141
I had not seen that post, no, but thanks for linking.  It's quite helpful.  Although the converter doesn't do WB, the drivers are very well-documented and I can get the file formats from there.  Perfect!

I'll talk to the dev to see if he wants my WB converter, once it's done. Smiley

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2008 at 3:06pm
Post Tools
cepheid wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 7:59pm:
Hi John,

Thanks, I have all those specific files, but I'm wondering what the specific fields are in each of them.  You provided that for the .cbt files, but for the various Members and Boards files, for example, what are the specific fields?  (For *.vars, most of them are self-explanatory, but not all... I just want to make sure I populate the fields correctly!)

Which of the files can YaBB auto-recreate?  I know YaBB has options to "Recount message totals," "Rebuild message index," etc...  I'm wondering which files it can remake on its own.

Thanks!

mmmmm quite a few ... most are written in the ./Variables folders .. of course message files and a few members files .. as a user uses the forum.  but don't think if once created and then appended to as user posts, ims, sets different settings can be regenerated for or from other files if doesn't now exist.

I presume you have seen this post http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1137279141 ; it has the latest Converter attached in the first post, but has 15 pages of Dev's (and others) input and comments.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2008 at 3:10pm by »  

IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2008 at 7:59pm
Post Tools
Hi John,

Thanks, I have all those specific files, but I'm wondering what the specific fields are in each of them.  You provided that for the .cbt files, but for the various Members and Boards files, for example, what are the specific fields?  (For *.vars, most of them are self-explanatory, but not all... I just want to make sure I populate the fields correctly!)

Which of the files can YaBB auto-recreate?  I know YaBB has options to "Recount message totals," "Rebuild message index," etc...  I'm wondering which files it can remake on its own.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:53pm
Post Tools
The ONLY info I have (but might help)

Code
Select All
cbt file structure:
test   board id
1	number of replies
5	number of views
admin  last poster
1135008362	     last post date
0s			 thread status (sticky, locked...)
1135008362|admin|1   members viewing the topic: start vieving|viewer|0 for viewing, 1 for replying
1135007854|testmember|0 

Each topic has it's own text file with the posts it contains. You'll find these files in the Messages directory inside the main YaBB directory. The files are named messageid.txt, where the messageid is a 10-digit number, visible in the URL of that topic (If you look uo in the address bar, you'll find that the messageid of this topic is 1176420704).
These files are ordinary text files, and contain one topic on each line. You'll also see the unix timestamp of each message in there, making them easy to sort.

In relation to the above ... the ./Boards folder contains 2 files ... forum.control and forum.master (& forum.totals) must be tied together.

member files (eg. admin)

.vars files
Code
Select All
### User variables for ID: admin ###

'password',"ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAfww"
'realname',"YaBB Administrator"
'email',"webmaster@example.com"
'regdate',"11/08/05 at 15:00:00"
'webtitle',"Yet another Bulletin Board"
'weburl',"http://www.yabbforum.com"
'signature',"The Administrator."
'postcount',"1"
'position',"Administrator"
'addgroups',""
'icq',""
'aim',""
'yim',""
'gender',""
'usertext',"I love YaBB!"
'userpic',"blank.gif"
'regtime',"1131462000"
'location',"The Land of YaBB"
'bday',""
'timeselect',"4"
'timeoffset',"0"
'timeformat',"MM D+ YYYY @ HH:mm:ss*"
'hidemail',"checked"
'msn',""
'gtalk',""
'template',"Forum default"
'language',"English"
'lastonline',"1131465600"
'lastpost',"1131465600"
'lastim',""
'im_ignorelist',""
'im_notify',"1"
'im_popup',"on"
'im_imspop',""
'cathide',""
'postlayout',""
'session',"9Sh2TWJNsSmzLCH7ygy41g"
'sesquest',"password"
'sesanswer',"ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAfwweAGHRdRIKZcrm0AQgg3YQwIVJK1hM8NNOydDawqyjU2Qzyo6i5U8vtWV3z8gSRJhpQRc3BOAqrunaIqWgSdmuylAmSMxuG8wGHYQeF4Gt4B0rwPALtB2ZzHVhN6aofU1N67gQuFV3s3UKyxrIG2yLydG5wgJecmY7XbDrNNCUQFHMLKg5vPxvvVH1Y7G9zdPo6x9swA"
'favorites',""
'dsttimeoffset',""
'pageindex',"1|1|1" 

.rlog
Code
Select All
1131465600  1 

.log
Code
Select All
general||1126581147 

memberinfo.txt
Code
Select All
admin  admin|webmaster@yoursite.com|Administrator|2| 

memberlist.txt
Code
Select All
admin  1131462000 

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008 at 5:05pm by »  

IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2008 at 8:17am
Post Tools
So, I'm writing a converter for WebBoard 6.x to YaBB 2.x ... by necessity, because I need to convert a board and no converter exists.

Would you guys be willing to save me a boatload of trouble and provide a guide to the file formats, as well as what files I need to absolutely create and what files I can let YaBB rebuild for me?  (e.g. if I just have to build the Messages files and YaBB can rebuild all the board indeces, etc.).

I can obviously figure that out myself by going through the various files and matching them up with what YaBB displays via HTML, but it would be much quicker and easier if the devs provided me with the proper syntax and record-ordering of each file-type that I need to populate (along with knowledge of which files I need to populate).

I'd be happy to release my WB converter to the public once it's done, in exchange. Smiley

(I am assuming that, at minimum, I need to populate the *.txt files in Messages and the *.vars files in Members ... I'm guessing that YaBB can reconstruct the other files like Boards/*.txt ... but, that's why I'm asking!)

Thanks!

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 12:41pm
Post Tools
Hi cepheid,

cepheid wrote on Dec 7th, 2007 at 3:47am:
Is there a converter from vBulletin to YaBB?  Or from WebBoard to YaBB?  It appears the Universal Converter does not support vB, unless I missed something.

I've got a WebBoard that needs to be migrated to something else.  I have access to a WB->vB converter, but I'd much rather run YaBB, so I need to either find a vB->YaBB converter to run in serial, or a WB->YaBB converter itself.

From vB or WB to YaBB... no.  The Universal Converter is still a work in progress, and (I believe) only converts from phpBB2 at this time (AK108 wants to add more conversion drivers, but he's also a full-time dev too).

Seems you have the concept of cross conversions down.  Considering converting your vB or WB forums to phpBB2 first... then converting that to YaBB.  It has worked for others.

Hope that helps.

IP Logged

cepheid

vB or WB to YaBB?
Dec 7th, 2007 at 3:47am
Post Tools
Hi all,

So, I searched the forum and read the whole Universal Converter thread, but couldn't find an answer...

Is there a converter from vBulletin to YaBB?  Or from WebBoard to YaBB?  It appears the Universal Converter does not support vB, unless I missed something.

I've got a WebBoard that needs to be migrated to something else.  I have access to a WB->vB converter, but I'd much rather run YaBB, so I need to either find a vB->YaBB converter to run in serial, or a WB->YaBB converter itself.

Any ideas would be great. Smiley

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2007 at 3:48am by cepheid »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top