Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Board Statistics? (Read 8,943 times)
AndyInSpain

Re: Board Statistics?
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 3:53pm
Post Tools
That's very kind of you......!! I would say "do what is easiest for you". Yes, Excel can import text, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Passing the ball back..... Wink

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 2:59pm
Post Tools
The only thing I need to figure out now is what form I should make YaBB export the data to. Should I just write it to an excel file in the default format or does excel have an import function that could use simple .txts?

You can make the call on this one  Wink

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 2:41pm
Post Tools
That's really great news Unilat. May I just wish you the best of luck with the project? An Excel export would indeed be very useful for proper stats analysis.

Many thanks for writing the Mod, and please let us know when it's available.

Kind regards

Andy
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008 at 2:45pm by AndyInSpain »  

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 11:23pm
Post Tools
I am in the process of making this mod.

So far I have a script that records posts per day for each individual board and correctly removes and adds new data to the file when new boards are added or deleted.

I have plans to make this data viewable in some sort of table format as well as graphs.

I could also figure out a way to have yabb compile it in some sort of form that is exportable to excel if you would like.

Any more suggestions are welcome. It works as is but I would love to have useful additions.

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Board Statistics?
Feb 28th, 2008 at 10:13am
Post Tools
Hello all,

I have searched for a Mod for this but no luck. I would like to be able to view "new thread" statistics for each board: for example, Board A has had 20 new threads posted in the last seven days.  The time period would be selectable. This would be very useful for assessing the relative popularity/unpopularity of each board. If possible, I'd also like the data in a tabular format which could be imported into Excel for graphing. Any ideas/views?

Kind regards,

Andy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top