Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Board Statistics? (Read 8,817 times)
Matt Siegman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Re: Board Statistics?
Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 1:51pm
Post Tools
Where did you see that the Board Stats mod had already been written? What kind of stats would you like to see?

-- Matt Siegman 8) Wish List

IP Logged

oldbrad
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:21am
Post Tools
Hi Guys
I a noob here, but have been looking for a 'Board Stats' mod. Looks like you already solved it. Is the project still live? Where can I find the source? I'm willing and able to contribute. I searched www.boardmod.org without result.
TIA Brad
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:28am by oldbrad »  

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:40pm
Post Tools
Im curious, Andy are you still interested in this mod? Its basically finished and I wanted to send you my code so that you could help test as well.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 12:05am
Post Tools
Here is a little taste of the display which I have now updated to a multi-select box for multiple boards. Export to .csv exports all boards in a .csv form to the variable directory where it can be downloaded and opened with Excel which will display almost identical to the graphical display except with board IDs instead of Board names.

If you would like board names please inform me. I left those out due to the fact that board names may contain commas.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2008 at 12:06am by Unilat »  

postsperday.gif (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 1:30pm
Post Tools
The graphical display is well on its way. I had several bright ideas that my dad actually gave me (surprising since he does no perl nor programming Wink) Like I said, displaying every board at once makes a very wide table. So instead I have a pull down menu to select each board which gives you a skinny, but tall, table (based on how many days you have chosen to show). But, similar to the multi-select boxes for choosing groups that can post to a board in the Admin Center, I could make multiple boards selectable. These would be displayed next to each other for comparison, and when too many are selected for your screen resolution to show, only then would it extend past the page.

I imagine that few people would want to compare all the boards at once. This way, by default you can view one board at a time, while if you would like to view more than one board, then you choose the sacrifice of scrolling left and right (and no one wants to do that!)

My second idea was the export method for Excel. Excel can directly open a .csv (comma seperated values file) and if I exported the file with commas rather than | then excel could directly open the file without going through the external file wizard.

Hopefully all of this should be finished today, and Ill have to compile all my changes in order to make a mod file.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008 at 1:30pm by Unilat »  

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 8:09am
Post Tools
Excellent Unilat. Well done, and good luck.

I hope you had a nice spring break.

Kind regards

Andy.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 12:23am
Post Tools
Sorry about the long delay. I was vacationing on spring break with no internet access. I took my code along and worked on it a little, but there are still a few bugs that im working out. Some of my rows occassionally have an additional |0 on the end. Of course, this is no problem, as it does not mess up the data. But I still want to find out whats happening and fix it.

Also, I have the graphical interface in design where admin/gmods can view board statistics. Of course, as you would imagine, alot of boards makes a very wide table. Any ideas for showing these?

I figured I could do it by a 1 table basis where the table name is the top row, and listed along the side are dates, with the posts for that day in the second column (title row spanning both columns). The amount of days would be selectable through the url $INFO. I could easily make a drop down box with all the boards of the forum where you could quickly choose which to view. Of course, viewing all at once (for those not wanting to export to Excel) would be handy too, but for now that isnt a big priority of mine.

Maybe a compare feature that would list two boards next to each other?

Anyways, back to working out the bugs before I get ahead of myself Wink

Edit: I found out what was causing the problem and it has been fixed. Now for working on the graphics interface (one board at a time with dropdown-selection and days-to-show input).
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008 at 12:42am by Unilat »  

IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #12 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 2:13am
Post Tools
This is a great idea gentlemen.  Keep it up. Smiley

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 11:04pm
Post Tools
That layout looks ideal.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 9:24pm
Post Tools
Yea its very easy. Im just wondering how I want it to be set up in the .txt file.

Should I leave a blank first space so that the boards names start at column 2, so that the dates start at column 1, row 2?

Example:
         |Board 1|Board 2|Board 3
Date 1|        1|          2|         1
Date 2|        0|          2|         0
Date 3|        2|          2|         1

before board 1 is an empy part of an array, so that when Excel delimits by "|" column 1 is empty for board names and row 1 is empty for dates.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008 at 9:27pm by Unilat »  

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 8:18pm
Post Tools
Should be easy enough to pull the names out of the /Boards/ForumMaster file.

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 5:08pm
Post Tools
Superb. Good luck and many thanks for your efforts....I am sure this Mod will be a "Must Have". I'm just surprised something like it is not in the core YaBB package.

Kind regards

Andy

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 4:54pm
Post Tools
Im sure its not difficult at all. Im just contemplating how i should incorporate these into the yabb-generated text file so that they can be read into excel and be put into the first row as titles. Then the dates would be put into the first column, while the data would go to the right of the dates under the corresponding board titles.

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 4:38pm
Post Tools
That sounds wonderful........is it difficult to export the board names as well?

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 4:27pm
Post Tools
Well I checked out Excel's external data feature which is really nice. The postsperday.txt that I have tracking the data is set up like this:

dd:mm:yy|board1total|board2total etc.

example entry:
19:3:8|0|1|1|0|0

Which would translate to March 19th, 2008: Board 1 had 0 posts, Board 2 had 1 posts, etc.

This form is already exportable to excel. If you open the file and set the delimeter to "|" and after hitting next, select column one and set the format to "DMY", this will properly display the data once finished. Of course you will have to determine the name of each board, which is stored in a new array called @boardsorder in the forum.master file.

The only thing that would need to be done is make these board names exportable to the .txt file as well so that it can add column headers with board names, and the dates would be displayed on the left, with the data for each board in the correct column and row.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top