Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sub boards (Read 10,058 times)
Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: Sub boards
Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Post Tools
You can see sub boards in action on this forum now.

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #12 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 10:12pm
Post Tools
Sub Boards are finished and working properly minus a few things to tie it in to the rest of the forum's functions.

IP Logged

Matt Siegman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 9:23pm
Post Tools
Spikecity wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 at 9:16pm:
Matt Siegman wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:05pm:
No older versions of YaBB have anything beyond the simple Category/Board layout we have now.

The YaBB 3 development site was released today. We are aiming for a final release of YaBB 3 on April 1, 2010.

At least I hope the code is cleaner then your footer there my friend Tongue

Quote:
Copyright © 2009 Yet another Bulliten Board. All rights reserved.

Oops. I always seem to spell that one wrong. I've been writing too much code lately, I've been making lots of simple spelling mistakes...

Site's fixed in SVN

-- Matt Siegman 8) Wish List

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Re: Yabb feature Request [can any member do this?]
Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 3:27pm
Post Tools
This Topic was moved here from Praise and Feedback [move by] Corey Chapman.

IP Logged

Spikecity
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 9:16pm
Post Tools
Matt Siegman wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:05pm:
No older versions of YaBB have anything beyond the simple Category/Board layout we have now.

The YaBB 3 development site was released today. We are aiming for a final release of YaBB 3 on April 1, 2010.

At least I hope the code is cleaner then your footer there my friend Tongue

Quote:
Copyright © 2009 Yet another Bulliten Board. All rights reserved.

IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 2:04am
Post Tools
There were past versions of YaBB that had at least partially working versions of subboards available on BoardMod.

Check out Unilat's topic in Mod Suggestions, Ideas etc board on BoardMod ... he got one about 75% working for somewhere in the 2.3 series. (The actual sub boards worked, but I think there were some minor issues with not being 100% searchable, or something like that.)

If you ask nicely enough, he might share it with you while you wait for April 2010. (I'm not promising whether he will or not, just suggesting someone you could ask.)

IP Logged

Matt Siegman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:05pm
Post Tools

IP Logged

olandobluso
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 12:12pm
Post Tools
thanks for you reply, that means i have to wait for yabb 3 which is not fixed when it will be released and nothing for current yabb 2.4

so i just wanted to ask is their any previous yabb version which have sub section / category feature ??? if yes then please tell me i would lik eto change yabb 2.4 to that version.

thanks

IP Logged

Matt Siegman
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 2:15pm
Post Tools
YaBB 2.4 is the last major release of the YaBB 2 line. YaBB 3 will have support for sub-boards.

Part of the reason that YaBB doesn't have sub-boards is because it has been around so long. The system just wasn't built to handle that kind of thing when YaBB was originally built. Sub-Boards have only become popular in the last few years, and we just haven't had the time to put it in the trunk. I see that you have also posted on BoardMod. If you had bothered to search board mod for 'sub board', you would know that it's simply too big for a mod and is currently being worked on as a feature for YaBB 3.

YaBB 3 does not currently have a release date, but keep an eye out for more YaBB 3 news in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2009 at 2:16pm by Matt Siegman »  

IP Logged

olandobluso
YaBB Newcomer

Yabb feature Request [can any member do this?]
Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 7:15am
Post Tools
Hi all

i am using yabb 2.3.1 and also yabb 2.4 on my multiple website forum

my forum is in deep need of sub section feature.

i know this feature will be available on upcomming yabb release but guys this is basic and very basic need of any forum , almost all free and paid forum script have this basic sub section / sub category feature HOW CAN yabb developers missed this ??? afterall yabb is very old project and very good of all. i can not wait for another update or release of next yabb please if any member or person can help please reply or write at my email olandobluso@yahoo.com

i am in deep need on some coder or programmer or scripter who can do this for me and add sub section feature on any of yab 2.4 or 2.3.1   

please reply here or write me to olandobluso@yahoo.com i am ready to pay for good deal.

IF YAB DEVELOPERS THINK IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ATALL CAN THEY ATLEAT TELL ME WHEN ANOTHER YABB 2.4 UPDATE WILL BE AVAILABLE WITH THIS BASIC FEATURE OF SUB SECTION ? ATLEAT YABB DEVELOPERS KNOW AND CAN SAY WHEN THEY WILL PUT THIS FEATURE AND RELEASE .

thanks all i do really appreciate all work and hard work from yabb team

regards
Olando.

IP Logged

Spikecity
YaBB Legends (Inactive)

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 10:59am
Post Tools
Sandrine wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 1:09pm:
I have an YaBB board and work's great, never had an SQLInjection like it happend in phpbb Wink

Thanks Sandrine,

I know subboards is a wanted thing, but it seems still to unstable to use in a production release.

As far as SQL Injection on YaBB... that would be like trying to blow up a mine using concrete, as YaBB does not use MySQL as a database Wink

IP Logged

Sandrine
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 11:01pm
Post Tools
Photo Gallery and the Event Calendar it's not very good stuff i need, but the sub-boards, it's sad to see that don't been released.

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:22pm
Post Tools
Sub-Boards, Photo Gallery and the Event Calendar are features being considered for the Y3 version of YaBB Software.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:23pm by »  

IP Logged

Sandrine
YaBB Newcomer

Sub boards
Sep 28th, 2008 at 1:09pm
Post Tools
I think you already know this.
But the only thing that is missing in YaBB boards are sub-boards.
I have an YaBB board and work's great, never had an SQLInjection like it happend in phpbb Wink but i have 15 categories and almost 5 section from each one and it get a bit slow to open the "main" window.

Also there are missing some code that delete all stuff from an user that been removed, i'm using 2.2.1 and many of my deleted user's still have something in the Folder "members", that it must be deleted by hand 1 by 1.

Best wishes for the coders and all staff.

Sandrine
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2008 at 1:11pm by Sandrine »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top