Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Changes since YaBB 2.3 (Read 8,707 times)
Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: Changes since YaBB 2.3
Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 7:31pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'710' => 'Password-Strength-Meter Scores
<span class ="small">Here you can define when the line jumps to the next higher level. Default is <i>10,15,30,40</i>. <font color="red">Insert only numbers and commas or you can get into trouble!!!</font>
Set to <i>-1,-1,-1,-1</i> to disable the Password-Strength-Meter feature. Then it will show only if the Password is to short or if it is OK.</span>',
'711' => 'Password-Strength-Meter common words
<span class ="small">Enter all words that will be shown as "Unsafe Password!". The words must be between "" and separated by commas. Example:
"123456","abcdef","password"</span>',
'712' => 'Password-Strength-Meter minimum characters
<span class ="small">Enter the number of characters for the password being not to short.</span>',

Code
Select All
%amv_txt = (
'25' => 'Show "Last online X days and XX:XX:XX hours ago." to all members?
<span class="small">If disabled only Admins and Gmods can read this in the linktitle of the usernames.</span>',

Error.lng

add
Code
Select All
## MemberGroups ##
'newpostdep_gmod'		=> 'Sorry, Global Mods can\'t modify Postdependent users because the Maintenance->"Rebuild Memberlist" must be run after and that function is only available in Maintenance Mode, so it would brake your login!', 

Register.lng

add
Code
Select All
# the following error_ variables are inside JavaScript!
'error_username' => 'You must insert a user ID.',
'error_usernameispass' => 'For security reasons, you cannot use your user ID or displayed name as your password.',
'error_realname' => 'You must insert a displayed name.',
'error_name_cannot_be_userid' => 'User ID and displayed name must be different.',
'error_email' => 'You must insert your email.',
'error_pass1' => 'You must insert a password and confirm it.',
'error_pass2' => 'Your password is not equal the confirmation password.',
'error_verification' => 'The verification code is missing.',
'error_reason' => 'You must fill in the reason(s) for registering at our forum.',
'error_agree' => 'You must agree to the \\"User Agreement\\" before you can be registered.', 

add
Code
Select All
%pwstrengthmeter_txt= (
'1' => 'Unsafe password!',
'2' => 'Too short',
'3' => 'Very weak',
'4' => 'Weak',
'5' => 'Medium',
'6' => 'Strong',
'7' => 'Very strong',
'8' => 'Long enough!',
); 

Search.lng
add
Code
Select All
'191x' => "You are allowed to set max. $maxsearchdisplay results to be displayed. Please change your value!", 

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:55am by Jet Li »  

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:21am
Post Tools
Admin.lng

add
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'473x' => 'Disable the Image Resize feature for Avatars?<br /><span class="small">If checked, the image resize feature is disabled and the image size is set exactly to the values above. This <i>can</i> deform the images. If one of the above values is 0, the image is shown in his original proportions to the other value. If both are 0, the image is shown at his original size without any resizing.</span>',
'475x' => 'Disable the Image Resize feature in Posts?<br /><span class="small">If checked, the image resize feature is disabled and the image size is set exactly to the values above. This <i>can</i> deform the images. If one of the above values is 0, the image is shown in his original proportions to the other value. If both are 0, the image is shown at his original size without any resizing.</span>',
'477x' => 'Disable the Image Resize feature in Signatures?<br /><span class="small">If checked, the image resize feature is disabled and the image size is set exactly to the values above. This <i>can</i> deform the images. If one of the above values is 0, the image is shown in his original proportions to the other value. If both are 0, the image is shown at his original size without any resizing.</span>',
'479x' => 'Disable the Image Resize feature for Attachments?<br /><span class="small">If checked, the image resize feature is disabled and the image size is set exactly to the values above. This <i>can</i> deform the images. If one of the above values is 0, the image is shown in his original proportions to the other value. If both are 0, the image is shown at his original size without any resizing.</span>', 

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:21am by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 8:10pm
Post Tools
Register.lng

add
Code
Select All
'email_taken' => 'The following e-mail address is being used by a registered member already:', 

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2008 at 8:10pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

MF-B
Development Team

YaBB 2.4
Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 3:55pm
Post Tools
Error.lng

Add

Code
Select All
'email_already_preregged' 		=> "This Email is already pre-registered!", 

Stand!
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 7:33pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng
add
Code
Select All
'63a' => 'Copy',
'63b' => 'Paste',
'63c' => 'Paste to all', 

change
Code
Select All
'371' => 'Select Forum Time Zone:', 

to
Code
Select All
'371' => 'Select Forum Time Zone:<br /><span class="small">If the time displayed here differ from the local forum time, then ajust it by changing the settings.</span>', 

change
Code
Select All
'linklabel' => 'click here to select or add moderators(s)', 

to
Code
Select All
'linklabel' => 'click here to select/add moderators(s)', 

Error.lng
change
Code
Select All
'invalid_time_offset'           => "Time offset must be between -23.5 and 23.5!", 

to
Code
Select All
'invalid_time_offset'           => "Time offset must be +/- and numeric!", 

FA.lng
change
Code
Select All
'6' => 'Attach:', 

to
Code
Select All
'6' => 'Attachment', 

add
Code
Select All
'80' => 'Attachments',
'80a' => 'More Attachments',
'80s' => 'Less Attachments', 

MessageIndex.lng
change
Code
Select All
'200' => 'Should a new Post be inserted at the end of the moved Thread(s)? The Post will contain the info from where the Thread came and who moved it.\\n\\nWhen you make your choice nothing will happen, you must click on \\\'GO!\\\' to execute the move!', # inside JavaScript! 

to
Code
Select All
'200' => 'Click \\\'OK\\\' to include a New Post at the end of the Topic being Moved. This Post will show the info from where the Thread came and who moved it.\\nClick \\\'Cancel\\\' to Move without a New Post included.\\n\\nClick \\\'GO!\\\' when returned to screen.', # inside JavaScript! 

Profile.lng
add
Code
Select All
'372' => 'If the time displayed here differ from your local time, then ajust it by changing the settings.',
'373' => 'Your actually displayed local time', 

change
Code
Select All
'519' => 'Select your Time Zone',
'519a' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change', 

to
Code
Select All
'519' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change', 

add
Code
Select All
'sid_expires_1' => 'Your Profile-Session expires in',
'sid_expires_2' => 'seconds.', 

Register.lng
change
Code
Select All
'95' => "By registering, you become a member of the '<i>$mbname</i>' forum,<br/>with login access only at <i>$boardurl</i>", 

to
Code
Select All
'95' => "By registering, you become a member of the '<i>$mbname</i>' forum,<br/>with login access only at <i>$boardurl/YaBB.pl</i>", 

« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2008 at 7:43pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 9:14am
Post Tools
Display.lng
add
Code
Select All
%display_txt = (
'526' => 'Adding Favorite',
'527' => 'Removing Favorite',
'528' => 'Complete',
'529' => 'Adding Notification',
'530' => 'Removing Notification', 

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2008 at 9:14am by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 10:08pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng
change
Code
Select All
%floodtxt = (
'3' => 'Activate Validation code for guest posting, guest contact admin by PM and guest sending Alert Moderator message', 

to
Code
Select All
%floodtxt = (
'3' => 'Activate Validation code for guest posting, guest contact admin by Broadcast Message and guest sending Alert Moderator message', 

change
Code
Select All
%imtxt = (
'88' => 'Allow guests to send Private Messages to the Administrator(s)?', 

to
Code
Select All
%imtxt = (
'88' => 'Allow guests to send Broadcast Messages to the Administrator(s)?', 

Debug.lng
add
Code
Select All
'postpairs' => 'incoming POST pairs', 

Display.lng
remove
Code
Select All
'guestpost' => 'Send a message to the forum administrator.',

Menu.lng
change
Code
Select All
%img_txt =(
'pmadmin' => 'PM to admin', 

to
Code
Select All
%img_txt =(
'pmadmin' => 'Broadcast Message to Admin(s)', 

Post.lng
change
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'sendmessguest' => 'Send message to forum administrator', 

to
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'sendmessguest' => 'Send Broadcast Message to Forum Administrator(s).', 

« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2008 at 10:14pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 9:07pm
Post Tools
MessageIndex.lng
add
Code
Select All
%messageindex_txt = (
'200' => 'Should a new Post be inserted at the end of the moved Thread(s)? The Post will contain the info from where the Thread came and who moved it.\\n\\nWhen you make your choice nothing will happen, you must click on \\\'GO!\\\' to execute the move!', # inside JavaScript! 

MoveSplitSplice.lng
add
Code
Select All
%sstxt=(
'15a' => 'Insert a new Post behind the moved Posts, containing the info from where they came and who moved them.', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 2:54pm
Post Tools
Backup.lng
add
Code
Select All
$backup_txt{'mailmessage3'} = qq~Hi USERNAME!

The module MIME::Lite is not installed on your server or you are using "YaBB SMTP Engine" to send emails. Due to this you can't get the Backup file with an email.

But you can visit LINK to download the backup FILENAME.

Please ask your server administrator to install the MIME::Lite module on you server, or search for it on http://search.cpan.org/ and download the newest source file from that location into the folder cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/ inside a new folder you name MIME. At the end the path should look like this: cgi-bin/yabb2/Modules/MIME/Lite.pm
And/Or change your email sending method if possible. If it is not possible, you are not able to get the Backup attached on an email.

Thanks for using YaBB!~; 

Search.lng
add
Code
Select All
'searchyabbtags' => 'Search also inside YaBBCode-tags <span class="small">(brackets like this [...]. Takes much more time!)</span>', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 2:52pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng

change
Code
Select All
'2' => 'This is your \'YaBB Admin Center.\' You can modify your forum preferences, edit your template and run maintenance on your forum from here.<br /><br />Please read the manual before you contact any form of support, and please be careful with these functions! You may find answers to your problems on the support forum or the troubleshooting section of your manual.<br /><br />We thank you for using YaBB!', 

to
Code
Select All
'2' => 'This is your \'YaBB Admin Center.\' You can modify your forum preferences, edit your template and run maintenance on your forum from here.<br /><br />Please read the Quick Guide before you contact any form of support, and please be careful with these functions! You may find answers to your problems on the support forum or the troubleshooting section of your Quick Guide.<br /><br />We thank you for using YaBB!', 

change
Code
Select All
%imtxt = (
'52' => 'Spam Protect - Enter Percent<br /><span class="small">(Read Manual for Info, 0 to disable)</span>', 

to
Code
Select All
%imtxt = (
'52' => 'Spam Protect - Enter Percent<br /><span class="small">(Read Administrator Help - Spam Protect - Enter Percent for Info, 0 to disable)</span>', 

add
Code
Select All
%modulecheck = (
'1' => 'Module Check',
'2' => 'Checks if all modules used by YaBB are installed.',
'3' => 'Name of the Module',
'4' => 'Info',
'5' => 'Information provided by the system:',
'6' => 'Installed',
'7' => 'Some modules are not installed on you server.',
'8' => '<b>If you really need them (read the Info), your first choice should be to ask your server host to install the needed modules for you!<br /><br />If you are the host of your own server, or if your host does not install the module for you, see <a href="http://codex.yabbforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=..../0#0" target="_blank"><b>this post in the YaBB Codex for help</b></a>.</b>',
'Digest::MD5' => 'Used for the password encryption.<br />This module is essential! Without it YaBB will not work!',
'Time::HiRes' => 'Used for the benchmarking time if debug is enabled.<br />If this module in not installed the benchmarking time will be displayed in full seconds and not in high resolution seconds. If this is not important for you, you do not need this module.',
'Time::Local' => 'Used to convert time strings into timestamps.<br />This module is essential! Without it YaBB will not always work!',
'File::Find' => 'Used for avatar and attachment upload.<br />If this module is not installed and these features are enabled you will get an error messages when you try to upload. If you do not use this features, you do not need this module.',
'CGI' => 'Used for avatar and attachment upload.<br />If this module is not installed and these features are enabled you will get an error messages when you try to upload. If you do not use this features, you do not need this module.',
'Net::SMTP' => 'Used to send emails via SMTP.<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via Net::SMTP. If you do not send your emails via NET::SMTP, you do not need this module.',
'Compress::Zlib' => 'Used for the Backup feature and to compress the size of the HTML-Code sent from YaBB to the browser.<br />This module is only needed if you do not have other Backup methods available (see the page of the Backup feature for details) and/or if you want to enable "Use GZip-Compression?". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'Compress::Bzip2' => 'Used for the Backup feature.<br />This module is only needed if you do not have other Backup methods available (see the page of the Backup feature for details). Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'Archive::Tar' => 'Used for the Backup feature.<br />This module is only needed if you do not have other Backup methods available (see the page of the Backup feature for details). Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'Archive::Zip' => 'Used for the Backup feature.<br />This module is only needed if you do not have other Backup methods available (see the page of the Backup feature for details). Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'MIME::Lite' => 'Used to send Backups attached on an email.<br />This module is only needed if you want to get the Backup by email and not by direct download from the AdminCenter.',
'LWP::UserAgent' => 'Used by "GoogieSpell", our Spell Checker.<br />If this module is not installed you can not enable the Spell Checker. If you do not want to use this feature, you do not need this module.',
'HTTP::Request::Common' => 'Used by "GoogieSpell", our Spell Checker.<br />If this module is not installed you can not enable the Spell Checker. If you do not want to use this feature, you do not need this module.',
'Crypt::SSLeay' => 'Used by "GoogieSpell", our Spell Checker.<br />If this module is not installed you can not enable the Spell Checker. If you do not want to use this feature, you do not need this module.',
'IO::Socket::INET' => 'Used to send emails via "YaBB SMTP Engine".<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via the "YaBB SMTP Engine". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'Digest::HMAC_MD5' => 'Used to send emails via "YaBB SMTP Engine".<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via the "YaBB SMTP Engine". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'Carp' => 'Used to send emails via "YaBB SMTP Engine".<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via the "YaBB SMTP Engine". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'bytes' => 'Used to send emails via "YaBB SMTP Engine".<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via the "YaBB SMTP Engine". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
'integer' => 'Used to send emails via "YaBB SMTP Engine".<br />This module is only needed if you want to send your emails via the "YaBB SMTP Engine". Otherwise you do not need this module.',
); 

Backup.lng
change
Code
Select All
'6', 'If you select all of these options, you will have a complete copy of your forum (recommended).',
 '14', '(contains the images and stylesheets for your forum)',
'19a', 'Alert about old Backups',
'19b', 'Alert me if the last Backup is older then',
'19c', 'days. Enter zero or nothing to disable alert.',
'37a', ' (EMAIL)</li><li>Do a Backup with the same Settings as this Backup (BACKUP)</li><li>Do a Backup with the same Settings as this Backup only for the files changed since this Backup (NEWEST)</li><li>Recover this Backup (RECOVER)</li><li>Delete the Backup (DELETE)</li></ul>',

to
Code
Select All
 '6', 'If you select all of these options, you will have a complete copy of your forum (recommended).<br />But this can cause recovery problems in xx-large forums. In this case it is better to do a Backup for all more or less static directorys and separate Backups for the Boards, Members and Messages directorys!',
'14', '(contains the images and stylesheets for your forum, without the directorys in the next line)',
'14a', '(contains all by the users uploaded files)',
'19a', 'Full path please, not ./Backup',
'19b', 'Alert about old Backups',
'19c', 'Alert me if the last Backup is older then',
'19d', 'days. Enter zero or nothing to disable alert.',
'37a', ' (EMAIL)</li><li>Do a Backup with the same Settings as this Backup (BACKUP)</li><li>Do a Backup with the same Settings as this Backup only for the files changed since this Backup (NEWEST)</li><li>Recover this Backup if supported (RECOVER)</li><li>Delete the Backup (DELETE)</li></ul>', 

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2008 at 2:57pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Changes since YaBB 2.3
Oct 13th, 2008 at 9:36pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng
change
Code
Select All
%mdintxt = (
'4' => 'Do not use the Recycle Bin for messages deleted by Administrators?', 

to
Code
Select All
%mdintxt = (
'4' => 'Do not use the Recycle Bin for messages deleted by Administrators and Global Moderators?<br /><span class="small">If enabled, messages deleted by them will be deleted immediately and irreversible.</span>', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top