Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Changes since YaBB 2.3.1 (Read 16,408 times)
Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: Changes since YaBB 2.3.1
Reply #24 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 7:35am
Post Tools
Admin.lng

add
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'525' => 'Check for ALL CAPS?<br /><span class="small">If set to 0 no checking is done. Otherwise the number you insert is the number of characters in all caps that opens a JavaScript alert on submit of the post.</span>', 

Post.lng

add
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'79' => 'It appears that you are trying to write using ALL CAPS.\\n    Please be aware this is against forum rules.', 

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 6:53pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng

add
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'525' => 'Check for ALL CAPS?
<span class="small">If set to 0 no checking is done. Otherwise the number you insert is the number of characters in all caps that opens a JavaScript alert on submit of the post.</span>',
'quota' => '<i>quota</i>: Enabling this uses the Linux shell command \'quota\' to check for free host space. This is the preferred method to use. The checkbox will be disabled if this command is not available on your server.<br /><span class="small">If your available disk space drops below 100&thinsp;000 Bytes (100 KB), the forum will automatically go into Maintenance Mode to prevent running out of space and losing data.<br />Reminder: Only Admins can access the forum when in Maintenance Mode.</span>',
'quotahostuser' => '<i>quota</i>: Your username on your host server:<br /><span class="small">Available if the above is checked.</span>',
'findtime' => '<i>find</i>: Time between the Linux shell command \'find\' checks of file sizes in the directory you must insert below and his sub directories. This and the following two fields will be disabled if this command is not available on your server.<br />Set to 0 to be able to chose other checking method like \'quota\' or free disk space checking.<br /><span class="small">Since this can be a very time-extensive job, you should insert a reasonable high value such as 300 (five hours) or 1440 (one day). Once the free host space is obtained after each \'find\', this method is of very low server load.</span>',
'findroot' => '<i>find</i>: Path to the root directory of your user account on a multiple user host system.<br /><span class="small">The path must be <b>from system root to your user root</b>. Examples:<br />/var/www/your_domain_name/<br />/var/www/web1234/</span>',
'findmax' => '<i>find</i>: Available space you are allowed to use in the above directory (in Megabytes).<br /><span class="small">This should be the same amount of disk space as your hosting plan advertises.<br />Since you should set \'find\' to check the available host space only all X hours or once per day, you should set this value lower than the space your host provides to you, to avoid running out of space due to some sudden increase of disk use for example by attachments or other high volume consuming postings.<br />To enable \'find\' for free host space checking this value must be &gt; 0. If the used space within the above directory is higher than this value, the forum will automatically go into Maintenance Mode to prevent running out of space and losing data.<br />Reminders:<br />Only Admins can access the forum when in Maintenance Mode.<br />Just in case you don\'t remember: 1 GB = 1024 MB</span>', 

change
Code
Select All
 'diskspacecheck' => 'Enable free disk space check?<span class="small">If the command "quota" is installed on your system (Linux) we check for your host space available, otherwise we check for the available disk space. Be aware that the disk space may be greater then your personal user (host) space!</span>', 

to
Code
Select All
'diskspacecheck' => 'Enable free disk space check?<br /><span class="small">This checks for the available physical disk space on the Linux or Windows server. Be aware that not all of that disk space may be usable by you. It may show a number greater than allowed by your personal hosting plan!<br />If your available disk space drops below 100&thinsp;000 Bytes (100 KB), the forum will automatically go into Maintenance Mode to prevent running out of space and losing data.<br />Reminder: Only Admins can access the forum when in Maintenance Mode.</span>', 

Error.lng

change
Code
Select All
'low_diskspace'                 => "Available diskspace is below $low_disk_alert bytes. The forum was put to maintenance to avoid file corruption. Please notify the administrator of this error !!", 

to
Code
Select All
'low_diskspace'                 => "The available disk/hostspace is low. The forum was put to maintenance to avoid file corruption. Please notify the administrator of this error !!", 

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2009 at 8:22pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #22 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 4:43pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng

change
Code
Select All
'85' => 'Outbox', 

to
Code
Select All
'85' => 'Sent box', 

BoardIndex.lng

change
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Outbox', 

to
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Sent box', 

InstantMessage.lng

change
Code
Select All
'outbox' => 'Outbox',
'320' => 'Do not store a copy of this Message in the Outbox after sending.', 

to
Code
Select All
'outbox' => 'Sent box',
'320' => 'Do not store a copy of this Message in the Sent box after sending.', 

Main.lng

change
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Outbox', 

to
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Sent box', 

Menu.lng

change
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Outbox', 

to
Code
Select All
'320' => 'Sent box', 

RefControl.lng

change
Code
Select All
'imoutbox' => 'Show PM Outbox Folder', 

to
Code
Select All
'imoutbox' => 'Show PM Sent box Folder', 

Search.lng

change
Code
Select All
'outbox' => 'Outbox', 

to
Code
Select All
'outbox' => 'Sent box', 

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 4:45pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #21 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:24pm
Post Tools
Profile.lng

add
Code
Select All
'570' => 'MySpace',
'571' => 'This is your MySpace URL.',
'572' => 'http://myspace.com/',
'573' => 'Facebook',
'574' => 'This is your Facebook profile ID.',
'575' => 'http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #20 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 4:28pm
Post Tools
Debug.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'closefile' => 'closing', 

Add
Code
Select All
'filehandleslegend' => 'opened FILEHANDLE (time) &nbsp; &nbsp; <i>MODE</i>filepathname &nbsp; &nbsp; closed FILEHANDLE (time)<br />[package, scriptpathname, line]', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 1:40pm
Post Tools
Error.lng

add
Code
Select All
%error_txt = (
## General Errors ##
'corrupt_member_file'		=> "The member data file is corrupt. Please notify the administrator of this error!", 

LogInOut.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
%loginout_txt = (
'33' => 'Email address',
'33a' => 'Email',
'87' => 'Position',
'241r' => 'field. Valid Characters are Letters (A-Z,a-z), Numbers (0-9), Spaces and ( + - . @ _ )',
'835' => 'Your password has been reset successfully.<br />Your new password is:',
'836' => 'Password Reset Successfully.',

change
Code
Select All
%loginout_txt = (
'35' => 'Username', 

to
Code
Select All
%loginout_txt = (
'35' => 'Username, Displayed Name or Email address', 

Register.lng

add
Code
Select All
%register_txt = (
'770' => 'Ask for Members birth date on Registration?',
'771' => 'don\'t ask',
'772' => 'ask for birthday but input isn\'t required',
'773' => 'ask for birthday and input is required',
'birthday' => 'Birthday',
'birthday_a' => '(<label for="birth_month">MM</label>/<label for="birth_day">DD</label>/<label for="birth_year">YYYY</label>)',
'birthday_b' => '(<label for="birth_day">DD</label>/<label for="birth_month">MM</label>/<label for="birth_year">YYYY</label>)',
'error_birth_day' => 'You must insert your birthday DAY (DD) with two numbers between 01 and 31.',
'error_birth_month' => 'You must insert your birthday MONTH (MM) with two numbers between 01 and 12.',
'error_birth_year' => 'You must insert your birthday YEAR (YYYY) with four numbers.',
'error_birth_year_real' => 'Your birthday year is not realistic.', 

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 1:46pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 10:54am
Post Tools
InstantMessage.lng

add
Code
Select All
%inmes_imtxt = (
'callback' => 'This message was called back and therefore not seen by the recipient!',
'outmulticallback' => 'This message was called back and therefore not seen by the recipients!',
'outsomemulticallback' => 'This message was called back from some recipients, therefore it was seen by some and by others not!', 

Post.lng

remove
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'215' => 'browser not compatible with these buttons', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:46am
Post Tools
Admin.lng
change
Code
Select All
%reftxt=(
'2' => 'Select Board Actions <i>(action= in URL)</i> which are allowed from outside your own board domainname.',
'3' => "(These commands are derived from $sourcedir/SubList.pl)<br />Hover over the Question Mark to see the command explanation",
'8' => 'Activate Referral Security Checking?', 

to
Code
Select All
%reftxt=(
'2' => 'Select Board Actions (<i>action=...</i> in the URL) which are allowed from outside your own board domainname.<br />"Activate Referral Security Checking?" must be checked in <i>Security Center</i> => <i>Security Settings</i> => <i>General</i> for it to work!',
'3' => "These commands are derived from $sourcedir/SubList.pl<br />Hover over the Question Mark to see the command explanation",
'8' => 'Activate Referral Security Checking?<br /><span class="small">Fine tuning you can do in <i>Security Center</i> => <i>Referer Security</i></span>', 

Error.lng
add
Code
Select All
%error_txt = (
## General Errors ##
'corrupt_member_file'		=> "The member data file is corrupt. Please notify the administrator of this error!", 

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:47am by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:05am
Post Tools
Post.lng

add
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
# next 4 entrys for MSIE and Safari; these are inside JavaScript!!! 

change
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'329c' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message, [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft or <i>Alt</i>+<i>p</i> to Preview', 

to
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'329c' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message, [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft or [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>p</i>] to Preview',
# next 4 entrys for FF; these are inside JavaScript!!!
'330'  => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Save Post or [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>p</i>] to Preview',
'330a' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Save Poll',
'330b' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message or [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft',
'330c' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message, [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft or [<i>Shift</i>]+[<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>p</i>] to Preview', 

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:06am by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #15 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 6:53pm
Post Tools
InstantMessage.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'278' => 'Reset', 

Main.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'278' => 'Reset', 

Post.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'278' => 'Reset', 

change
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'329' => 'Shortcuts (Modern Browsers Only): Press alt+s to Post, alt+p to Preview, or alt+r to Reset',
'329a' => 'Shortcuts (Modern Browsers Only): Press alt+s to Send message, alt+p to Preview, or alt+r to Reset',
'329b' => 'Shortcuts (Modern Browsers Only): Press alt+s to Save Poll or alt+r to Reset', 

to
Code
Select All
%post_txt = (
'329'  => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Save Post or [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>p</i>] to Preview',
'329a' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Save Poll',
'329b' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message or [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft',
'329c' => 'Shortcut: Press [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>s</i>] to Send Message, [<i>Alt</i>]+[<i>d</i>] to Save as Draft or <i>Alt</i>+<i>p</i> to Preview', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 9:48am
Post Tools
Admin.lng

change
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'371a' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change',
'371b' => 'Server Time Correction (in seconds +/-)', 

to
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'371a' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change?',
'371b' => 'Enable the dynamic clock at the top of the page?',
'371c' => 'Server Time Correction (in seconds +/-)', 

Profile.lng

change
Code
Select All
%profile_txt = (
'519' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change', 

to
Code
Select All
%profile_txt = (
'519' => 'Enable automatic Daylight Savings Time change?',
'520' => 'Enable dynamic clock at the top of the page?',
'521' => 'Not available if you wrote your own time format.', 

Register.lng

change
Code
Select All
%register_txt = (
'520' => 'Used only for identification by YaBB. You can use special characters below or after logging in by changing your displayed name in your profile.', 

to
Code
Select All
%register_txt = (
'520' => 'Used only for identification and login purposes.<br />You can use special characters below or after logging in<br />by changing your displayed name in your profile.', 

change
Code
Select All
%floodtxt = (
'casewarning' => 'Please type exactly what text appears in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and it is case-sensitive.', 

to
Code
Select All
%floodtxt = (
'casewarning' => 'Please type exactly what text appears in the image.<br />The characters must be typed in the same order,<br />and they are case-sensitive.', 

Search.lng

change
Code
Select All
%search_txt = (
'190' => '(Hold down the \'Control\' or \'Apple\' key to select more than one)', 

to
Code
Select All
%search_txt = (
'190' => 'Press and hold down the \'Control\' key or<br />\'Apple\' key to select more than one.', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 5:36am
Post Tools
Admin.lng

change
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'376' => 'Number of days after that Posts read by the User are marked as New Posts again.<br /><span class="small">Entries from the User\'s "Read Post" Logs are removed 3 times later.</span>', 

to
Code
Select All
%admin_txt = (
'376' => 'Number of days after that Posts are NOT recognized as "new" any more in the Board- and Messageview.</span>', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:33pm
Post Tools
Admin.lng

change
Code
Select All
%rss_txt = (
'7' => 'Show Author e-mail address (Screenname), (user hide email overrided this setting)', 

to
Code
Select All
%rss_txt = (
'7' => 'Show the authors displayname and e-mail address (if he didn\'t hide it)', 

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:33pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 5:04pm
Post Tools
LogInOut.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'835' => 'Your password has been reset successfully.<br />Your new password is:',
'836' => 'Password Reset Successfully.', 

Profile.lng

Add
Code
Select All
'80' => '<div class="message" style="background-color:white; padding:3px; overflow:auto; color:red; font-weight:bold;">Congratulations, your password has been reset. For your account security, please choose a new password and update this profile page within the next 10 minutes.</div>', 

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 4:00pm by Jet Li »  

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 2:17pm
Post Tools
Error.lng

change
Code
Select All
'im_deleted'			  => "Message was already read by recipient and wasn't deleted!", 

to
Code
Select All
'im_deleted'			  => "Message was already read by recipient, therefore wasn't called back!",
'im_deleted_multi'		  => "At least one of the recipients has already read the Message, therefore no Message was called back!", 

InstantMessage.lng

Remove
Code
Select All
'savedtodraft' => 'Your message has been saved to the draft folder',
'messagesent' => 'Your message was sent', 

WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top