Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Features Thoughts (Read 2,876 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Features Thoughts
Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 5:15pm
Post Tools
thank`s for the link  Carsten  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Outumuro
Documentation Team
Operations Team

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:27am
Post Tools
Sub-boards and databases are coming in YaBB 3. Smiley

IP Logged

MrDale96

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:05pm
Post Tools
Oh wow!!! thanks Carsten. Can't wait to add this mod.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Carsten
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 11:11pm
Post Tools
MrDale96 wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 at 9:04pm:
2. Hovering over a Thread topic and it giving you the first 3 lines of a post. I've seen a mod where you have to physically type in a thread description and that is just simply extra work. I believe it's vbulletin that does the hover of the thread and give you the first 3 lines as a description.

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1234047420/0

Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2009 at 11:12pm by »  

IP Logged

MrDale96

Features Thoughts
Feb 5th, 2009 at 9:04pm
Post Tools
Being that I don't just run my own Message Boards but I also belong as a member on other sites and their message boards, I get the chance to see all of the different Forums out there their features, the base ones. Some of the forums seem to be a little heavy on the features, some simply have good features built into their base package that Yabb should have..

1. Ability for users to disable viewing of avatars, signatures, attachments, images wrapped in the IMG tags, flash, censored words....

Basically this just makes things easier for people that are viewing from work or are viewing at home and have kids running around. I saw this feature included in phpbb

2. Hovering over a Thread topic and it giving you the first 3 lines of a post. I've seen a mod where you have to physically type in a thread description and that is just simply extra work. I believe it's vbulletin that does the hover of the thread and give you the first 3 lines as a description.

3. Sub-Boards. I'm sure that one has been beaten to death but Yabb is one of the only forums remaining without this in it's base package. Perhaps due to Yabb not running on a database system but still Smiley

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top