Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Yabb 3 Release Date (Read 13,613 times)
sleepy
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Yabb 3 Release Date
Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:00pm
Post Tools
G'day Folks. August is looming, end of the year is not that far away now. Any updates on when the release would be?

IP Logged

Corey Chapman
YaBB Administrator

None
Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:14pm
Post Tools
Right now the roadmap has changed a bit.  The team has decided to drop the OOP Perl code that was started from scratch for YaBB 3.  We are currently working on implementing new features like database support and sub boards on YaBB 2 code.  Some of these features may become part of a YaBB 2 release before branding it as YaBB 3 but that is yet to be determined.

IP Logged

sleepy
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 7:19pm
Post Tools
Interesting you say that as once database support is added, it will keep the mob that I host on happy

IP Logged

chillipepper

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 6:59pm
Post Tools
Corey Chapman wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:14pm:
Right now the roadmap has changed a bit.  The team has decided to drop the OOP Perl code that was started from scratch for YaBB 3.  We are currently working on implementing new features like database support and sub boards on YaBB 2 code.  Some of these features may become part of a YaBB 2 release before branding it as YaBB 3 but that is yet to be determined. 

Sound good to me  Wink I guess we are talkin about addin theses into 2.6. any beta done yet so we can do some testing etc etc..

With the db and subboards which is standard in most forums software would turn yabb into an top 2-3 software and proby would be the no 1 in free bb software.

am not sure what others think about yabb over last 2 years but since i joinup here i heard all talk about Y3 and nothin as as much turn up as even a beta,very dissapointing  Cry also in 14 months in the waitin for next upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5AE well again dissapointing  Cry now we are in the waitin for 2.6 which sounds like yabb could be addin the rigth stuft into it..will there be a beta out soon ? when ?
Also i might like to add also since 2.5AE came out..yabb seems to have low members comin on this forum and also boardmod is dead.no new mods and very little upgrades of mods..

Yabb is an great bit of software and am sure if 2.6 comes out with the right bits in it then am sure admins might even convert there db over to yabb plus more coders might join up to add there skill/mods

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top