Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) "Ex Member" question (Read 8,194 times)
OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Re: "Ex Member" question
Reply #12 - May 13th, 2009 at 2:15am
Post Tools
Mine is from my 2.4 test forum I use for making templates, all I did was edit the values in 01/02/03.

I'm wondering if this is some sort of artifact or leftover from your conversion or upgrade. 

Maybe deti or Jet Li will know, I'm not sure why those are there instead of an "at."

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2009 at 9:43pm
Post Tools
this is what i have:
Code
Select All
$forumstart = "04\/10\/02\ \:\:\ 18\:30\:25";       # The start date of your YaBB Forum 

only difference i see is here "\:\:\" instead of "at" I have 2.4 version
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2009 at 10:07pm by PashaM »  

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #10 - May 9th, 2009 at 6:33pm
Post Tools
What do you have in your Settings.pl file for the forum start date?  You should see something like this:

Code
Select All
$forumstart = "01\/02\/03\ at\ 08\:21\:15";       # The start date of your YaBB Forum 

Where 01 is the month, 02 is the day, 03 is the year.

If not, you can edit the value there, save the file, and reupload it.

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2009 at 4:01am
Post Tools
thanks. im gonna try that.
Yeah im trying to adjust the time but no luck, it stays the same no matter what date i change it to

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2009 at 2:41am
Post Tools
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been in these files, I think I sent you to the wrong place.  Where you want to go is the .txt file, not the .ctb like I told you.

Just find the .txt file that has the same file name (Unix timestamp number) as the .ctb.  In that .txt file you'll basically see the topic with the information for each user who replied.  That is where I think you need to verify the the old user's name matches what you changed it to.  My apologies for sending you to the wrong file.

I noticed in another topic you are having issues with your forum start date.  This date is critical for the Ex-Member problem, as it has to be earlier than a member's registration date, and reg. date/time must be earlier than the date/time of first post.  If not, you get Ex-Member.

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2009 at 3:28pm
Post Tools
ok i did as you said but in the .ctb file there is no user name of the person that started the thread (the user im interested in) and his name isn't there at all.

### ThreadID: 1165396705, LastModified: Thu, 07 May 2009 23:32:17 -0500 ###

'board',"otherstuff"
'replies',"79"
'views',"11021"
'lastposter',""
'lastpostdate',"1167496622"
'threadstatus',"0"
'repliers',"1241736968|PashaM|0"

Also when i created the new user i gave him same name as those posts with Ex Member.

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2009 at 3:42am
Post Tools
Normally, the ex-member thing comes from dates being out of sequence.  The order they should be in, from earliest to latest is this:

1)Forum Start Date/time
2)Member reg date/time
3)Date/time of member's first post

In your case, your member's user name didn't take so you altered it.  If you do that, he's now "different" than the one who made the post, because in the message ctb file it will still have his old name.  You would have to edit the file for every thread he posted in to match his new user name.

You can test this easy enough.  Find a topic he has a post in, and look at the time/date of the first post in that topic.  Use the converter link above to convert that to a Unix timestamp, then look in your Messages folder for the .ctb file with that timestamp as the file name.  Download it and open it up in a text editor and replace the user's old user name with the new one.  Save the file and upload it, copying over the existing  one.

Now the ex-member problem should go away in that topic only.

If it does, that's the problem.  New user name isn't matching what's in the message files

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2009 at 4:41am
Post Tools
so is this the cause for my user being "ex member" and manipulating this time-stamp will solve the problem?

IP Logged

OH Eng
Past Team Members
Documentation Team

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2009 at 3:47am
Post Tools
The regdate is just as you see it, a date and a time.

The regtime is a Unix Epoch or timestamp.  In reply #2 in this topic, your human date/time is exactly the same as that Unix timestamp.  You can go here to convert from human date/time to unix epoch/timestamp or the other way around.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2009 at 3:49am by OH Eng »  

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2009 at 3:30am
Post Tools
ok, still can't make it work. I changed the registration date for the given user to the date before his 1st post, but that didn't change anything. In the forum this user's name is "Андрей" (its in russian char. set. CP-1251) so i made a new user Andrei.vars and in this file i have:

### User variables for ID: Andrei ###

'realname',"Андрей"
'password',"9bsMjeFGxntEurv05lhMwA"
'position',""
'addgroups',""
'email',"abcd@hotmail.com"
'hidemail',"1"
'regdate',"03/19/06 at 04:39:41"
'regtime',"1133150596"

in Forum the posts by this user are still have "ex member" beside the name.

IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2009 at 2:33am
Post Tools
thanks for reply. trying to change date of registration for user, can you tell me how to modify there 2 lines of code, what the numbers mean?
'regdate',"03/19/06 at 04:39:41"
'regtime',"1142743181"

IP Logged

deti
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #1 - May 6th, 2009 at 6:42pm
Post Tools
You must create members with their usernames (must not be equal display name!). In the file xxxx.vars the xxxx must be the same as the username in their posts. Example:

In this default post the username is admin and the display name is YaBB Administrator:
[code]Welcome to your new YaBB 2.4 forum!|[highlight]YaBB Administrator[/highlight]|webmaster@yoursite.com|1239494700|[highlight]admin[/highlight]|xx|0|127.0.0.1|[size=12][b] Welcome to the first post on your new YaBB 2.4 forum. ;D[/b][/size]<br /><br />The YaBB team would like to greatly thank you for choosing Yet another Bulletin Board for your forum needs. We pride ourselves on the cost (FREE), the features, and the security. And now, with YaBB 2, the speed! Visit [url]http://www.yabbforum.com[/url] to view the latest development information, read YaBB news, and participate in community discussions.<br /><br />Make sure you login as an administrator and visit the Admin Center. From there, you can maintain your forum. You'll want to look at all of the settings, membergroups, categories/boards, and security options to make sure they are set properly according to your needs.<br /><br />You can also find some interesting information at the new promotional website, [url]http://www.yabbisback.com[/url] And if you are in need of feature changes or new YaBB features, check out [url=http://www.boardmod.org]BoardMod[/url].||||[/code]

The name of the .vars file in this case must be [highlight]admin[/highlight].vars and the 'realname' in this vars file must be "[highlight]YaBB Administrator[/highlight]".

Then set their date of join to the forum before their first post date.

Was immer Du tun kannst
oder erträumst tun zu können,
beginne es.
Kühnheit besitzt Genie,
Macht und magische Kraft.
Beginne es jetzt.
Whatever you can do
or dream you can,
begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.
Begin it now.
J. W. Goethe
IP Logged

PashaM
YaBB Newcomer

"Ex Member" question
May 6th, 2009 at 8:47am
Post Tools
I have just converted my old phpBB to a YaBB but 2 members i had from old board didn't convert. My guess is because they didn't use English characters for their userIDs. Now these 2 member's messages did convert and now i have alot of posts (messages) from these 2 users with "Ex Member" beside their name. Now how do i restore these 2 members. Can i create a new member with same name, then just edit the .vars or somehow make sure so that all their posts dont have ex member beside it.
Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top