Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Profile IM protocol names repeated, diff. icons (Read 18,704 times)
Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: Profile IM protocol names repeated, diff. icons
Reply #60 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Post Tools
cepheid wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:29pm:
missing the /yabbfiles/Buttons/English

not missing. Because we have Carstens mod and the buttons no need anymore. Current I convert the icon on Buttons into gif's which looks better than the current gif images.

And you no looking at this topic. Tongue

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1243427088/16#16
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:43pm by Jet Li »  

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #61 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:45pm
Post Tools
Jet Li wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:42pm:
not missing.

Well, it's missing in the sense that deti's forum is trying to load buttons from that directory, and those files aren't there.  Take a look at the link he provided and view the source code.  Something's broken there.

IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #62 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:49pm
Post Tools
cepheid wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:45pm:
Take a look at the link he provided and view the source code.Something's broken there.

No I no take look, because I have same SVN. Please wait until the feature is finished!
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:49pm by Jet Li »  

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #63 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:51pm
Post Tools
Jet Li wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:49pm:
Please wait until the feature is finished!

Hey, I'm not the one who said it was broken... deti complained about it first and said it was a problem with my code.  I'm just defending myself!

IP Logged

deti
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #64 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:34pm
Post Tools
which is acceptable by W3C and is actually preferred, because the quotes can cause problems with older browsers

Hmmm, are you sure about what you wrote about old browsers? Which ones/how old? I would prefer my RegEx and changed already the Menudef.pl to match it, only the Menu[1|2|3].def I actually didn't update because I wanted to wait for eventually adding the Thread-page-yim|icq|...-BUTTONS/ICONS into the .def file.

First, that's not Icon+Text view, that's Button view, isn't it?

Ups, you are right, I was wrong. With Buttons there is also a problem. But both are not related to this thread here. I will look for a fix and post it on Carstens-Mod thread.

Also, this has nothing to do with my code, because the buttons are stored in /yabbfiles/Buttons/English, which is not $imagesdir, nor does it differ from one template to another.It looks like you are missing the /yabbfiles/Buttons/English files that your forum is trying to load, but that's not because of my code...

You are right. And if you think I gave you the fault on this, I am sorry. Wasn't my intention. I renamed this folder on my server because it will be removed later. Now I must look for a fix on that.

cepheid wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:51pm:
I'm just defending myself!

Come down everybody. Nobody is offending someone.
@cepheid: LetLi is sometimes a bit rough but he is a good guy! Sometimes it's a bit hard to express things if English is not your native language.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:36pm by deti »  

Was immer Du tun kannst
oder erträumst tun zu können,
beginne es.
Kühnheit besitzt Genie,
Macht und magische Kraft.
Beginne es jetzt.
Whatever you can do
or dream you can,
begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.
Begin it now.
J. W. Goethe
IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #65 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:46pm
Post Tools
deti wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:34pm:
Hmmm, are you sure about what you wrote about old browsers? Which ones/how old?

I am quite sure, yes.  But, yes, it's only for OLD browsers (like IE for Mac).  But... if you want to keep your regex, you have to change Carsten's code to use the quotes, otherwise your regex won't work.  I would also recommend changing it so that it properly matches quotes and the closing parenthesis, to ensure proper syntax.

I think my regex is more versatile and safer for future updates (because it properly handles every case, with or without quotes, and ensures proper syntax with matching quotes/parens)... I understand if you want to keep yours, and obviously I'm not yet an official dev... just offering my professional opinion. Smiley

deti wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:34pm:
Come down everybody. Nobody is offending someone.

Don't worry, I didn't take offense.  I was just explaining. Smiley  I forgot the smiley! Cheesy

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Reply #66 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:21pm
Post Tools
Just thought of this today..but what about other languages.. a russian or german board should have online in their set language shouldnt it? what can be done (if anything) to address this?

Closed all my sites due to lack of Internet access
IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #67 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 9:07pm
Post Tools
LoneWebSurfer wrote on Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:21pm:
Just thought of this today..but what about other languages.. a russian or german board should have online in their set language shouldnt it? what can be done (if anything) to address this?

Nothing, unfortunately.  The Skype, YIM, and ICQ images are all loaded from external servers, and I don't believe they support languages.  The AIM icons could be done in another language if they are made part of the template, but since none of the other images are, I don't think that really matters.

As long as the "offline" is Red or Gray and the "online" is Green, I think that's fairly universal, though... and since that's pretty much how it is, I think most people should understand.  Unfortunately, until Skype/ICQ/YIM support other languages in their presence indicators, I don't think we can do anything.

IP Logged

LoneWebSurfer
Past Team Members

Reply #68 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:02pm
Post Tools
I was guessing as much, with it using the images from other servers. Was hoping tho.
Does the wording have to be included? as you said..green is universal.. I know icq has green indicators.. not sure about yim.
Dont get me wrong.. its not an issue to me, after all English is my only language Grin  I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas

Closed all my sites due to lack of Internet access
IP Logged

cepheid

Reply #69 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 7:05pm
Post Tools
LoneWebSurfer wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:02pm:
Does the wording have to be included?

Yahoo and Skype don't have non-worded indicators.  Personally, I prefer including the words.  Why reduce the info?  Those who don't understand "online/offline" will hopefully understand the colors.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top