YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Memberlist shown to Membergroups (Read 1,957 times)
 Jun 4th, 2009 at 8:58pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Dietmar 
YaBB Newbie
Hessen/Germany

None
Memberlist shown to Membergroups
Every Forum (writing, reading, starting a thread, and making a poll) can be allowed for special member groups. That has given me an idea, that this could perhaps be used for the member list and member profiles as well.

Is ist possible to let the admin choose which member groups are allowed to have a view at the memberlist or the profiles??

If you don't have any idea of something - Just shut up!
Dietmar 321635231 laurin31135  
IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 5:27am

Corey Chapman 
YaBB Administrator
Rock Hill, South Carolina

YaBB 2.5
Re: Memberlist shown to Membergroups
Why for example?

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 7:33am

Dietmar 
YaBB Newbie
Hessen/Germany

None
Re: Memberlist shown to Membergroups
So that new members can not see private things of other members until you know them a little better and can see, that you can trust them.

We for example have got a member who has got a jealous boyfriend, abd he ist controlling her.

Now, I don't mind he is reading what we are writing, but I don't want him to see the details in the profiles, like where someone is living and the familyname.

If you don't have any idea of something - Just shut up!
Dietmar 321635231 laurin31135  
IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2009 at 6:13am

Zoro  
U.S.A.

None
User CP | Profile (member privacy setting)

I would like to request a feature which allows members to choose the privacy setting of their profiles.  The 3 initial choices:  Profile to be viewed by: Everyone | My Buddy List | Private.  According to our youth, this feature has gained popularity at MySpace, and it would be a beneficial addition to YaBB.

With the current ability of adding creative Profile fields, the YaBB profiles are gradually becoming an important and highly popular community feature.  Members are able to share their stats, thoughts, and dreams.  With the requested privacy addition mentioned earlier, members will be more comfortable in sharing their information.

Lastly, once these profiles which have mostly fields and member text on them are combined with the User CP | Profile | Photo Uploads request, the YaBB profiles will actually become a blend of MySpace and matchmaking sites.  Administrators do not have to invest in external Gallery and/or Classified programs, effectively helping them to actually donate directly to the YaBB project.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression...” — United Nations declaration
“The great and glorious masterpiece of man is to know how to live to purpose.” — Michel de Montaigne
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” — Albert Einstein

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2009 at 12:50pm

Corey Chapman 
YaBB Administrator
Rock Hill, South Carolina

YaBB 2.5
Re: User CP | Profile (member privacy setting)
I agree with this for YaBB 3.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.