Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Page Saving New Layout (Read 16,195 times)
Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: Page Saving New Layout
Reply #48 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 4:05pm
Post Tools
@ batchman

try again. I will register you as Beta Tester on Dev Forum.

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #47 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:49pm
Post Tools
Unilat, I can understand frustrating ... Derek just managed to save my bacon on a weird thing with a mod that displayed correctly in everything except IE ... and had to try something like 5 odd code combos before we finally found one that would make IE work like everything else does without the hassles!

Still a very cool feature that I like a lot.

Jeff, I will do that. Just didn't know if membership was being kept very limited. Since I'm not very much of a dev at all, I could understand if I didn't belong on a dev board ... was just explaining why I didn't try the post pop-up thing.

Edited:
Tried, but the system wouldn't let me send you a PM. I'm not allowed. Cry
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:54pm by batchman »  

IP Logged

Jet Li
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Reply #46 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:21am
Post Tools
@ batchman

Send me pm about username/email for registration. I will do it. I am the Main Administrator of my Dev Forum. Wink

PM me for YaBB Installation Service
WWWGTalkFacebook  
IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #45 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:35am
Post Tools
Thanks batchman,

Yea I considered that initially but I wanted to give it some indication that it is a part of the board above it. The problem with making it span the whole way is the messageindex itself has a border as well as the table cell that it expands down within. The 2 pixel difference is noticeable with the two white borders against each other and unfortunately there is no way to avoid it besides the method I used with the sub board drop down of iterating through each returned row and cell and inserting it into the current table. There is no innerHTML feature of tables or table rows, only table cells, so unfortunately I cannot return a bunch of table rows and "insert" them into the current table to inherit it's border properties. It's quite frustrating!

IP Logged

batchman
Support Team

Reply #44 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:00am
Post Tools
Unilat,

First, going back to an old post ... I'm not OK with the fact that you are still banned from my old site ... though hopefully such is no longer the case anyway, since the site moved.

Secondly, my personal opinion on this ... I like it, mostly. The fact that the message index is indented about a centimeter on both sides I don't really dig ... I'd love to see it stretch the full width ... but except for that, which is probably a minor graphics thing the user could change, anyway, I like it. Think it could be a very nice thing as people get used to it!

And for those who can't, as already noted, the old way is still available, as well!

Very cool!

Edited:
I was going to try the post pop up thing, too, but it seems I cannot register ... so I'll wait a while for the chance to see it!

Glad to see continuing progress on these things, though. Here's hoping YaBB 3 will be da bomb! (Or da shizzom, or whatever the most cool term is, these days!  Grin )
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:09am by batchman »  

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #43 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 6:59pm
Post Tools
Okay messageindex drop down seems to be doing everything properly. Pop up post page works nicely as well. More details in the new thread.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #42 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:10am
Post Tools
Ah okay. I can't see or test a lot there then, because I can't register an account...

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #41 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:07am
Post Tools
I put it back to the way it was. It now saves when switching as a user and as a guest its the simple text view.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #40 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:53am
Post Tools
Unilat wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:49am:
It's because we both saved it to our profiles before I took out the part that saves it to the profiles

I'm viewing as a guest though, so nothing has been saved to my profile - I haven't got one. Checked it with clear cache in FireFox too - same there. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick?
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:55am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #39 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:49am
Post Tools
Yea that's what I'm working on currently. It's because we both saved it to our profiles before I took out the part that saves it to the profiles Wink I'm trying to make it so the saving is done via ajax and the call is working but it just doesn't seem to be saving. It should be fixed soon though!

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #38 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:33am
Post Tools
Ah, I'm afraid I think there's some strange things going on still though...

The page toggle always seems to be open by default, and once you close it, you can't open it again...
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:34am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #37 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:23am
Post Tools
Unilat wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:13am:
I don't see why it should not be available to guests. Is it an incentive to join the board? I'd say no haha.

I don't see why it shouldn't be available to guests either - I do actually much prefer it being available to them too. Sorry if it sounded objective - it didn't mean to be, I was just being curious. Smiley

Unilat wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:13am:
But I fixed the problem. It had to do with the type of page listing being the select box and it being generated by javascript. Had to pass the generated javascript and evaluate it otherwise the browser never recognizes scripts added after compile time.

Yep. All seems good to me now. Great! Smiley

IP Logged

Unilat
Development Team
Theme Team

Reply #36 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:13am
Post Tools
I don't see why it should not be available to guests. Is it an incentive to join the board? I'd say no haha.

But I fixed the problem. It had to do with the type of page listing being the select box and it being generated by javascript. Had to pass the generated javascript and evaluate it otherwise the browser never recognizes scripts added after compile time.

So that's all fixed, now I'm just making it so when you change the page listing it sends off an ajax request to store that in your user settings as it did before.

Then it's on to pop-up post page to completely eliminate the post page altogether Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #35 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 1:06am
Post Tools
Actually... Just noticed a slight problem (only tested in Safari) - Try clicking the toggle a couple of times, and then collapsing and expanding the message index again - the page toggle disappears...

Edited:
Maybe it's because I'm viewing as a guest? In 2.5 and before the page toggle was only available to members - did you mean to change it so guests can use it too?

« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 1:34am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #34 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 12:50am
Post Tools
Yep. Seems good to me from a quick test anyway - Obviously can't check the 'drop-down' until there are more pages.

The funny thing is, I had no idea that the page toggle was there until the other day when Carsten pointed it out - and I thought then that it would be a lot better if there was no page refreshing. Nice!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top