Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Admin member search option by e-mail address (Read 3,770 times)
Stu
YaBB Newcomer

Re: Admin member search option by e-mail address
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 1:18am
Post Tools
Ah thanks for that tip - shall give it a go just to see how I get along with it - but I look forward to (hopefully) seeing it in the YaBB 3 forums as it would save a lot of hassle.

It shouldn't be to hard to adapt thinking about it - as the "forgotten password" script already does this function (takes a members username or e-mail address and then finds their profile, password, etc...) - so possibly all you need is a stripped down version of this script to find the user via their e-mail Wink

UK Hyundai Accent Club Administrator
www.ukhac.co.uk

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Admin member search option by e-mail address
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Post Tools
I totally agree

For now - there is a workaround - export your members in Admin Center. Its in that same section with e-mail your members. I keep mine in Excel sheets.

Good Luck

Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Stu
YaBB Newcomer

Admin member search option by e-mail address
Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:14pm
Post Tools
Hiya YaBBers Cheesy

Firstly, great forum software - I used to use phpBB and found it hard to get on with - plus it got hacked loads of times ... but after over 2 years now of using YaBB I've had no hacking problems what-so-ever Smiley

My request is to add the ability to search for members in the admin panel by their e-mail address.  The reason for my request is because I recently sent out a mass e-mail to all my forum members regarding me performing an upgrade to YaBB 2.4 and have had a few (slightly abusive) e-mails back from registered members telling me to remove them from the "mailing list" otherwise they will report me to my ISP.

I ammended the Registration Agreement about 2 years ago to state that all members agree to recieve occasional e-mails from the Admin team from time to time (which to be honest are rare - about 1 e-mail every 2 months on average - hardly a junk mail issue).

Anyway, the ability to search for members in the admin panel by partial screen name or registered e-mail address would help in tracking down accounts which are either abusive, or falsely created (by a bot using someone elses e-mail details with access to their account).

UK Hyundai Accent Club Administrator
www.ukhac.co.uk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top