YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

123 Flash Chat Integration (Read 3,881 times)
 Nov 20th, 2009 at 4:52pm
There are no actions to perform.  

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
123 Flash Chat Integration
I wasn't too sure whether to post this under the YaBB CMS Bridges board or here, so I've posted it here.

Anyway, I came across this the other day by chance. 123 Flash Chat offer a module to integrate YaBB with their software.

http://www.123flashchat.com/yabb-chat.html

I've never used 123 Flash Chat myself and haven't tested the module so I don't know what it's like, but thought I'd post it up in case anyone was interested. I just thought it was good that they've considered YaBB and didn't know if anyone else was aware of it.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2009 at 5:22pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 8:53pm
Captain John 
Ex Member

None
Re: 123 Flash Chat Integration
mmmm we knew it was coming ... a commercial MOD .. (the ugrade)  Thank Goodness for MODders like Carsten (still free)
 oops, I see they're missing a tab seperator

and from China (TopCMM Software)
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:16pm by N/A »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 11:54pm

Doherty 
Petal, Ms

None
I looked into it. Although, the software is very nice they offer a trial version that only allows 10 members logged in at any one time other than that, your going to pay for either $30 a month hosting or huge bucks for dedicated software. If your just looking for a chat room there is a pretty good mod on http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1253314206 for a chat room integrated into YaBB 2.4 and it's FREE.
There are also a lot of other free chat rooms you can set up on your site that while not integrated into YaBB may serve your purposes.
I am seriously thinking of using the one on boardmod myself.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2009 at 12:35am

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
Hi Doherty,

I have no intention of using it myself, and certainly wasn't recommending it. As I said, I came about it by total chance while browsing the web the other day. I only posted it up because I didn't know if people were aware of it. I wasn't even too sure if it was allowed under the YaBB license (though I assume it is) so thought I also best post it up in case there was any issues. I think it's the first time I've come across software with YaBB integration so it surprised me. Just thought I'd share my findings, that's all.

If I was going to recommend a Chat Room though, then I'd recommend the one that you're thinking of using. It's a very nice Mod. There's actually two free Chat Rooms for YaBB, the one you mentioned and the ChatIRC one.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2009 at 1:00am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 3:50am

JonB 
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Land of the Blazing Sun!

None
Oddly enough, I find it somewhat encouraging that a commercial devloper spent the time to work on a YaBB compatible mod. It means we aren't 'over-the-hill and forgotten about'...

Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - May 11th, 2010 at 5:51am

helenpp 
YaBB Newbie
New York

None
The 123 flash chat integrated with the YaBB so good. Thank you.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.