Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Yabb World Usermap (Read 3,841 times)
Captain John
Ex Member

Re: The Yabb World Usermap
Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 4:13pm
Post Tools
Maybe a note within Edit Account/View, to state: "Log Out to View World Map" or "Log Out to Return to World Map"
   Also .. maybe hiding the email addy ...

ThM wrote on Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:49pm:
mayby hobbys comming soon ....

a Comment field ...

Wow ... I can zoom in (satellite view)and see Kevin's cars in the driveway and out front, the sun room on the back of the house AND a woman in the back yard, in a pink top and white pants !   WOWEEE .. what a Map !
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2009 at 4:43pm by »  

IP Logged

ThM
Past Team Members

None
Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:49pm
Post Tools
A few small changes ....

1. Added a new country list with more as 250 countrys ...
2. Changed the standard zoom factor from the small map in the part "Edit Account".
3. Changed the name of the button in the part "Edit Account" fom >Edit Account< to >Save<
4. Added  a note above username field on the registration screen, that only alpha/numeric characters accepted

More Fields as city/state, mayby hobbys comming soon ....

Gruß ThM

IP Logged

smith21
Support Team

None
Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 10:01am
Post Tools
Like it, just needs that little bit of tweaking in the pull down list of countries.

Cheers
IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 5:29am
Post Tools
ThM wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:55pm:
The Markers from the other (all registred members) members was only displayed on the large map.

That was the problem ... once I registered and logged in, I did not know, I had to log out to see the Large Map again.

http://www.listofcountriesoftheworld.com/
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2009 at 5:35am by »  

IP Logged

ThM
Past Team Members

None
Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:55pm
Post Tools
Thanks for your suggestions.  Smiley

A few notices.

After registration log in with your data and go to "edit account".

The map on the right side with the moveable pin is only to find your specially lat and lng values. It doesn't display the markers from other members ! The Markers from the other (all registred members) members was only displayed on the large map. That was it what i mean, the easiest way to find your correct location, type in your address in the search field, zoom into the map und place the marker exactly to your location (drag and drop).

For example click on my pin, change the map to satellite an zoom in as far is possible. you can see exactly where i live.

Then copy the lat and lng value to the fields with the same name on the left side fill out the other fields and ready. The marker now display your location in the small map (specially for you) and your location in the large map (for all).

Please notice the description:

Quote:
Find your geographic coordinates (longitude and latitude) by drag and drop on the desired point (zoom in for better results) or enter your address in the input field below. Then copy and paste the geographic coordinates in the input fields with the same name on the left side. Finished!

If you want to test the map or play with it log in with:
Username: tester
pass: tester

In the next days i will change a few things.

- Quote:
Canada, England (or Great Britain), South America, Africa missing

depablo wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:01pm:
Scotland (or Great Britain) is missing also

I know, the country list is not completed, but i don't know how to find a ready complete list on the web. I will add your suggestions manually.

Gruß ThM

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:06pm
Post Tools
street and/or city and state

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:01pm
Post Tools
Quote:
England (or Great Britain), missing from drop down location selection

Scotland (or Great Britain) is missing also  Wink

Think I noticed Ireland misspelled, also is the address a street address or web site addy?

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Post Tools
also after click on Edit Account ... options are to cancel or edit account (which the latter actually Saves or Submits changes ... (maybe change button to state: Save or Submit

Also .. is there a way to go to (large map) to view world map to see pins of all or at least a really zoomed out map ?  Zooming out map in My Account, does not show other pins, but moves my pin across map.

oops .. also noticed Canada, England (or Great Britain), South America, Africa missing from drop down location selection
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:34pm by »  

IP Logged

ThM
Past Team Members

None
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 4:09pm
Post Tools
Thanks CJ ....  Smiley

hope i understand all correct  Grin

Quote:
Could not find North America or United States from Location drop down window in Edit Account.

I've added USA to the list ....

Quote:
maybe the map should be zoomed out (as default view), so easier to see where locater pin is

You mean the small or the big map ?
Ive changed the zoom factor for the big map on 3. For the small map is the easiest way is to type in your address in the search field to find the lat and lng automaticly.

Quote:
Maybe adding a user field for city & state or country (just for info display).
Also .. maybe a note above username field, to note that only alpha/numeric characters accepted (spaces etc. Not)

I'll check this .... Thanks again CJ ...  Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2009 at 4:12pm by ThM »  

Gruß ThM

IP Logged

Captain John
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 3:44pm
Post Tools
Thomas .. Great Idea !!

Could not find North America or United States from Location drop down window in Edit Account.
   After registering, My Account was displayed and I didn't fully understand that Edit Account would get me to the map ... which put the locater pin in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean ... , maybe the map should be zoomed out (as default view), so easier to see where locater pin is and where a user needs to slide it to .. if doesn't enter Long/Lat before hand.
  Maybe adding a user field for city & state or country (just for info display).
Also .. maybe a note above username field, to note that only alpha/numeric characters accepted (spaces etc. Not)
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2009 at 3:51pm by »  

IP Logged

ThM
Past Team Members

None
The Yabb World Usermap
Dec 28th, 2009 at 1:17pm
Post Tools
If you want, tell the great yabb community, where you live and use yabb in the world and register your own and free usermap account. It's only for yabb user.

And if you have any suggestions for new (more) user fields or other things please let me know.  Wink

Here you find the YaBB World Usermap.

Gruß ThM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top