Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
YaBB3 query about file locations (Read 3,004 times)
The Boy

Re: YaBB3 query about file locations
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 11:25pm
Post Tools
deti wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 at 12:49pm:
Yes, YaBB3 will have also a cgi-bin folder with the scripts and the database in it (if you choose the file database, if you choose another type, for example a MySQL server, you can host this also on a third server) and a yabbfiles folder for the 'static' files.

Brilliant news, thanks for info Deti Smiley

IP Logged

deti
Legacy Dev Team
Development Team

Re: YaBB3 query about file locations
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 12:49pm
Post Tools
Yes, YaBB3 will have also a cgi-bin folder with the scripts and the database in it (if you choose the file database, if you choose another type, for example a MySQL server, you can host this also on a third server) and a yabbfiles folder for the 'static' files.

Was immer Du tun kannst
oder erträumst tun zu können,
beginne es.
Kühnheit besitzt Genie,
Macht und magische Kraft.
Beginne es jetzt.
Whatever you can do
or dream you can,
begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.
Begin it now.
J. W. Goethe
IP Logged

The Boy

YaBB3 query about file locations
Feb 1st, 2010 at 10:40am
Post Tools
Currently, with my YaBB 2.4 (and all the previous YaBB 2.x before), I stored 'static' files on a low cost hosting solution (the YaBB.pl process doesn't run too well on their servers), and the 'dynamic' part on a VM on my ESXi server at home on a ADSL line.

This currently works incredibly well for us - we have the advantage of (in effect) a dedicated server for the dynamic, resource intensive stuff (but with limited bandwidth), and cheap shared hosting with bags of bandwidth (but limited server resources for dynamic content) for the static stuff - css, button images, avatars, smilies etc etc.

We have a medium sized forum - 800,000 posts, 65,000 threads, 7,500 members - running mostly from a slow ADSL line!

Why question is, will this 'seperation' of dynamic and static content still be possible in YaBB3?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top